Shaping of the Future: The Candidacy of Iulius Vernhart

Shaping of the Future: 

The Candidacy of Iulius Vernhart

9th of Msitza and Dargund, 417 E.S.

oe_0VXmG-v9aPSNVTqpIWm_ENS9uzJ3I72XXYxcqXVpx1jLDxBp_wW2O8EdPCBnf5reFP_NjM0W1d45VNuRdxyZ4RyFJw3sUiuz47WlJZbf5nzUImtwSiLTAdnP7t5BwnxX7rvkh

[!] A portrait of Iulius Vernhart, c. 415 E.S.

I once wrote that the way one acts when power seems to be within their grasp is very defining. However, the way one acts when they actually hold that power is just as telling.” This is something that stands true throughout history, and will continue to stand as we head into the future. Power, as stated in the previous work, is something that needs to be handled with a great deal of confidence. Though, the responsibility that surrounds it often proves to be too great for people to handle alone. When looking at the great men of the past, those we remember with a fervence, have thrived because they surrounded themselves with wise counsel. Duma stands as one of our wise councils. It is the job of our Duma to pass bills that will better our place of habitation and society as a whole. 

This is why I, Iulius Vernhart, announce my candidacy for the position of Alderman in His Majesty's Royal Duma. 

Throughout my years in Haense, I have had the pleasure of being placed in positions that give me a unique perspective on the way that those within our society interact. Starting as a simple court governor, I was able to begin teaching those around me about the importance of the complex narrative. This complex narrative can only be seen if one first seeks to understand the details and claims of the situation around them, then moves to make a decision about what they deem morally acceptable or unacceptable. 

Additionally, I was granted the powers of a Jovinaar to seek out mercy of the wrongly accused and enact punishment on the guilty. The complex narrative furthers as a judge must be unbiased in all situations, hearing the claims of the situation around them before they make a decision of guilty or not guilty. I will always listen to both sides of the argument before I make the appropriate decision.

Voting for me ensures a vote for someone in which you can trust to always have your best interest in mind.

Impartiality, so that I may be able to listen to both sides of the argument, understand all facts that may rest within the nooks, then make a decision. 

Fairness, so that I, when I make a decision, may make it in such a way that benefits the most peoples, regardless of status, title, or, even, gender. 

Boldness, so that I may not be hesitant to speak out on such matters that are harmful to the peoples of Haense-Ruska. Furthermore, so that I may not be hesitant to speak on matters that may be difficult but will, in fact, result in a better society. 

Scholarship, so that I may be able to understand the background of a situation at hand, clarify questions if needed, and further define terms and ideals that others may be knowledgeable about. 

All men should strive to excel in these four areas, especially leaders. These are four areas in which I strive to enhance day in and day out. It is with these qualities, I will make an Alderman that allows for the people to speak through me and into the assembly. For what is an Alderman but an extension of the people of Haense-Ruska. With this in mind, I beckon all men and women of this great nation to allow me to be your voice and tool!

Signed,

Iulius Vernhart - Tutor, Jovinaar, Scholar, Scribe to House Ludovar.

A certain blonde read over the flyer she had been given, a beaming grin growing on her lips. She glanced down to her husband, who was hard at work at his desk, adoring how the eyes behind those glasses were fixed upon his papers. “Well-written, Iulius,” Madeline Vernhart hummed, “I hope you get elected. You’re a hard worker… speaking of which, may I get you a cup of tea?”