[✗] [Magic Addition] - Translocation - Voidal Burial

Zonty

4PM7NaQ9sd8-0wFCGz7yHh81P-NCSkJvzoQO2eaZR2v-mlNZ1GU8XN4FWYvo8cPdqEhLyvsUylfLNnxdnsQLFpyh3Pq_uzKe2qEX5vB7KxFIG-tw9pgFia1UuHLvqCZKPX4G8eOA

Voidal Burial [T4]: Non-combative

As your foe falls down defeated, conjure your magic one last time. Don’t leave the body to decay. Tear the realm apart. Push the fallen opponent into The Void.

A feat that allows magi to send their fallen enemies or corpses into the void.

Spoiler

Mechanics:

Voidal Burial is solely an aesthetically styled execution where a victim was already incapacitated or otherwise defeated through combat and has sustained multiple injuries where they cannot escape, resist, or save their life from impending death. 

If the target has already died or been killed, the act can be also performed upon the dead body.

It would take 4 emotes (including connection) to erase the victim from the realm. The way of how their body will cease to exist is purely aesthetical and depends solely on the mage. It can be anything from opening up a small tear in the plane and seeping the victim into it, to gradual crisping of one’s body into the mist.

It should also be noted, that wherein teleport magi puts himself or others in the void only for a blink of an eye, Voidal Burial is more slow, gradually happening on the length of 3-4 emotes. Therefore, before the victim is fully consumed by the void, it will die, and the soul will slip away, thus, not entailing a PK

Redlines:

• Voidal Burial requires OOC consent of the victim that their character has been defeated, and the spell can be performed, unless it’s a dead body.

• Voidal Burial does not force a PK

• Voidal Burial cannot be used in any other situation unless specified by ST during an event

• Items that the victim had would be lost forever along with the body. Meaning, it would be impossible to loot or get their body parts after they were Buried

• The victim must be within 10 blocks range away from the magi, or otherwise one emote per 10 blocks must be added, up to 30 additional blocks away from the magi.

• Requires at least [T4] in Translocation with valid MA

Yes.

Edited by _ZONTY_

I see this being an interesting addition, taking someone who is defeated/dead and anchoring them to the void sounds somewhat entertaining than the whole "store the corpse in a coffin and translocate that". 

Why do we need to put a radius here ;-; it’s a cosmetic spell that doesn’t do anything— I wanna translocate someone into the void while I stare at them from my ivory tower, not while smelling their decaying body. 

Otherwise, I like this! 

While this is a cool idea and aesthetically an interesting way to execute someone, it may conflict with some pre-established lore. Currently the only reason IRP base-line mortals come back to life is because of the monks. Putting a person in the void to kill them would seemingly force pk based on pre-established lore because the monks would not be able to save them. I'd cite the Shunting lore which says, "One is always subject to death and harm without the confines of Earth (mortal plane). Conclusively, death out in the cosmos, far from the faculties of any monk, entails an irrefutable PK."

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

Why do we need to put a radius here ;-; it’s a cosmetic spell that doesn’t do anything— I wanna translocate someone into the void while I stare at them from my ivory tower, not while smelling their decaying body. 

Otherwise, I like this! 

After a bit of thinking I set the range to 10 blocks, and am thinking about adding mechanic that exists in a Voidal Pocket. So, for every 10 blocks between the target and magi apart from the basic distance, you will need to add one emote, up to +30 blocks max. I don't really want to make it uncapped. That just seems somewhat unrealistic. 

6 hours ago, Booklight12 said:

While this is a cool idea and aesthetically an interesting way to execute someone, it may conflict with some pre-established lore. Currently the only reason IRP base-line mortals come back to life is because of the monks. Putting a person in the void to kill them would seemingly force pk based on pre-established lore because the monks would not be able to save them. I'd cite the Shunting lore which says, "One is always subject to death and harm without the confines of Earth (mortal plane). Conclusively, death out in the cosmos, far from the faculties of any monk, entails an irrefutable PK."

You have a point, however sometimes people take bodies of the fallen enemies, putting them in a morgue for later use. Later, they might even cremate, which practically makes the body impossible to be restored. Therefore, I don't think it matters that much, does it?

Wait nvm. I read the piece u sent. Um. I'll try to figure something out I guess. 

Alright. After some thinking, I guess I figured out the solution, and it had been added to the lore. Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by _ZONTY_

12 hours ago, Booklight12 said:

I dont think this would be the case because the person is dying on the mortal plane, its just that their dead bodies are being stuffed into the void after their death. Which shouldnt interfere with whatever monk revival lore their exists

17 minutes ago, SaviourMeme said:

I dont think this would be the case because the person is dying on the mortal plane, its just that their dead bodies are being stuffed into the void after their death. Which shouldnt interfere with whatever monk revival lore their exists

There's two features to this ability. (1) the burial of an already dead body and (2) the execution of a person who has been defeated in combat, but is still  alive. (1) has no issue with revival lore; it is only (2) which is of issue since you're executing them when they are alive. Though, the lore writer amended this to say that (2) does not immediately send the person to the void, but in mealpieces; causing them to die before their body is fully sent to the void. I'll leave the story team up to the more metaphysical questions such as; does the spell also send the characters soul to the void, does translocating part of someones body send 'part' of their soul to the void, or does it remain attached to the non translocated body which would die before the 'slow translocation execution' completed. 

2 hours ago, Booklight12 said:

There's two features to this ability. (1) the burial of an already dead body and (2) the execution of a person who has been defeated in combat, but is still  alive. (1) has no issue with revival lore; it is only (2) which is of issue since you're executing them when they are alive. Though, the lore writer amended this to say that (2) does not immediately send the person to the void, but in mealpieces; causing them to die before their body is fully sent to the void. I'll leave the story team up to the more metaphysical questions such as; does the spell also send the characters soul to the void, does translocating part of someones body send 'part' of their soul to the void, or does it remain attached to the non translocated body which would die before the 'slow translocation execution' completed. 

I edited my lore a little, so now it's basically that instead of swift teleport like other spells in translocation, voidal burial is a more gradual process, so it just kills the person before they are fully consumed by the void, leaving their soul in normal plane.

Would make for an extremely interesting addition. 👍

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.