[✗] [Addition] Nephilim Brands + Amendment

ronin_champloo

Spoiler

Note: I understand that I’m not really considered ‘part’ of the Azdrazi Community anymore, following my PK of my character, however, I have a soft spot for this CA as I worked tirelessly on it to get it passed in the first place during the rewrite war. Just comment below if anyone has any objections or quarrels with anything here. I don’t want to write anything that the community doesn’t like.

However, should this be accepted; these spells are learned by ALL Nephilim through a dream of their choosing. The RP for this MUST be done, and it can be shown via a Forum-Post. I hate gate-keeping.

Nonetheless, this is a rework of the old Azdrazi Brands. I don’t like limiting RP, rather granting more opportunity for it, so it’s focused more on ‘boons’ rather than ‘banes’. Obviously, I wrote this on the fly due to a burst of inspiration, so let me know if there’s anything I should change.

NEPHILIM AMENDMENT + ADDITION

Following the crusade against their kin and Azdromoth, the Nephilim have worked – and dedicated themselves to utilising the means of their Dragonsflame. This has surfaced in new spells and rituals to benefit their race.

________________________________________________________________________________

EMBOLDENED FLAMES

‘By Asioth is every world created, for this is the golden gift of eternities.’

[2 emotes: 1 connect + 1 cast]

Seen in the advent of their creeds, and worship, the Nephilim have found ways to bestow maddening effects upon mortal ken; these benefit their worshippers, but at what cost? – the damning of their mortal body, the awakening of their sight of the end that’d soon occur.

This is an extremely personal act to do for a Nephilim, as in essence, they are granting a part of themselves to another; trusting them to wield it with honour.

- A Herald or a Nephilim can have a maximum of [2] flames beset upon specific body parts. This is listed on their CA, FA or MA. Duplicates of a 'Flame' counts as another.

- Placement of the 'Flames' cannot be vague, etc their arms, it has to be specific, like a forearm.

- These can only be granted by a Nephilim.

- Granting a Flame upon a Descendant, or a Nephilim takes away [1] unit of dragonsflame permanently until it is willingly returned. In a sense, one can give as many as they want, but they’ll slowly begin to wither away due to the decreased amounts of dragonsflame within them.

- Should one wish for a 'Flame' not elaborated upon within this post, they may submit an MArt. Below, are the current 'known flames'.

FLAME OF SACRIFICE

‘Light is greater than darkness, but there is no light without darkness. There is no first without second.’

A Nephilim may grant a unit of Dragonsflame upon a Descendant, creating a bond between the two. The flame doesn’t burn out, persisting itself upon the specific body part intended. The boon granted is it acts as a shield against the mental influences of Dark Magick, be it Siliti Thralling, or the geists of Mystics. This effect, itself, is a passive and its true effect comes in the ability to protect the wielder from Dark Magick spells – as the flames would devour, and engulf it, should it touch the flame-enwreathed part.

- This does not counter the illusions of Voidal Magick.

- The Fervent Fire is painful, and cannot be hidden, for the flame will persist on the body part until it is willingly surrendered.

- Curses and Mental Influences include that of the Naztherak, Frost-Witches and the Siliti.

- This does not dispel any form of magical darkness and has the illuminance of a Redstone torch.

- The flames cannot be hidden.

- This can be applied to a person as many times as they so wish.

- The Fervent Fire can devour one Dark Magick Spell per 1 OOC day.

- This cannot be applied to a Nephilim.

FLAME OF STRENGTH

‘Their souls: spectral branches hold these white-gold fires, and he is filled with mighty power over them.’

With the deaths of several Nephilim, their bodies succumbing to stone, others have fostered a means to harness and wield the preordained fate of their destined death; using it to accomplish feats that were dreamed of long ago, in the time where the Nephilim of eld stood in companionship with man. The boon granted is a slow transformation of their affected limb onto a stone-like talon. This painful procedure occurs during 3 OOC days, and multiple flames must be done separately. The Nephilim places their dragonsfire upon the intended spot, before effectively snuffling out the flame, only revealing stone. These can be moved, but all sense of touch is gone from it – barring pain, the weight and the creaking of their bones. 

This, however, grants a few uses as it provides itself as a blunt weapon to use on individuals, or talons to claw out at a person. Another effect is that people would find that Dark Magick cannot corrupt Nephilim, should it land on this stone-limb.

- The Stone-Limb only grants a defence against Dark Magicks should it land on it. Otherwise, a Nephilim can still be corrupted.

- The Stone Limb bears the strength of Ferrum, at best, but is incredibly blunt. Wielding weaponry, ranged or melee will be incredibly difficult as would more delicate tasks. It can, however, be broken with adequate force; etc, a warhammer or pickaxe.

- Once bashed onto the ground, within a 2-meter radius of the wielder, casters and melee-compatriots may find themselves unable to focus, with their feet sightly stumbling. This requires [2] emotes.

- The stone-limb cannot be hidden easily; a cloak, or something in that field,  must be used.

- This cannot replace lost limbs.

- You may not have a stone ****.

FLAME OF INSIGHT

‘His brothers hid at the edges of his vision; watching, they each lit their flames with his blazing eyes.’

The third eye dwells in all Nephilim, yet it is with An-Gho that was it fully realised and wielded. The Nephilim can grant the ability in their peers, or Heralds; bestowing upon them the ability of the awakened eye. This effectively allows one to see within the dark, and the temperatures of their being, as a passive. Most importantly, they will delve and peer into prophecies albeit in flame as their eyes began to leak cinders. Another ability of theirs is to translate any descendant language, barring ones created by Aenguldaemonica. With time, however, one may be unable to separate dreams from reality; a curse of the madness that comes with knowing the end. This can be termed as schizophrenia. 

The process of doing this consists of a burned mark onto the individual's body, and to utilize it, one must close their eyes; using the tattoo to peer within the dark.

- The wielder’s eye is unable to translate any language made from supernatural means; deific languages, and whatnot.. This ability lasts for [5] uses before ultimately fading out, with each use being overcome by magma and cinder; completely incomprehensible.

- The breaking of their mind comes from the descendant's inability to comprehend the thoughts of the future, showcasing the gap between the draconic and mortal mind.

FLAME OF LOVE

‘Greater loves lesser; core loves periphery.’

Following the demise of their kin; their fleeting numbers and the hate of the Descendants, the Nephilim found that they could trust little, save for their own flames and people. From this, the conjurers of flame have devised a means of creating a ‘shadow’ of sorts; one woven by fire and brimstone. These creations, however, are fragments of the Nephilim’s prior life; of their memories when they were descendants. As such, they may speak or talk about what they once more, providing guidance and aid to the wielder like mortal agents – or lost souls, forgone long ago. They, however, do not grant aid in any combative purpose save for advice or even scathing remarks.

- The wielder’s ‘Shadow’ cannot grant any metagamed information or specific segments of their life. If anything, they are like a companion that always stalks the Nephilim, or Herald, that take up the appearance of brimstone or ash.

- They may be shadows, or more discretely hidden as ash-like segments that take up parts of their skin.

- The 'Shadow' cannot interact with the world physically at all.

- The Shadows, as stated prior, are fragments of the Nephilim’s old psyche, and may talk or give advice about what they once more, perhaps even disillusioned at times following the transcendence of their mortal coil.

- This cannot be applied to a Nephilim.

________________________________________________________________________________

FLAME-BARRIER

‘Within, red-gold showed vigor in the darkest depths. First-born lapped up buoyant waters: vitality.’

[4 emotes: 1 connect + 2 connect + 1 cast]

The Nephilim may harness their Dragonsflame in erecting a barrier woven out of Dragonsflame. While this cannot stop melee, or ranged equipment – it’d provide aid in defending one from Magick. It bares a range of four blocks maximum, with one block thickness, and can last [4] spells – dark or voidal of a T3 strength – before immediately burning onto ash.

- Paladin spells count as [2] hits.

- Casting this prohibits the Nephilim from moving at all.

- Should one attempt to cross the shield without proper equipment, such as armor; they’d find themselves burning for [2] emotes.

- This costs [1] unit of dragonsflame, and can only be used by a Nephilim.

- This lasts for one combat scenario.

AMENDMENT:

A Nephilim is unable to use Voidal Enchantments, nor Voidal Creations, as their Draan would effectively burn out the body – or the magegold – within an item as it is too volatile and powerful.

Thank you bro. I actually rly love these. My only concern is the woven cinder's unlimited access to understanding written languages (maybe the effect only lasts a certain amount of time on those its applied to ??). Feel like it could be abused a lot. Would also allow ppl to read coded languages and so on and so forth. 

changelog:

added '- The wielder’s eye is unable to translate any language made from Aenguldaemonica means. This ability lasts for [5] uses before ultimately fading out, with each use being overcome by magma and cinder; completely incomprehensible.

Epic thing

changelog:

added 'The process of doing this consists of a burned mark onto the individual's body, and to utilize it, one must close their eyes; using the tattoo to peer within the dark.

11 minutes ago, PXY said:

I have a soft spot for this CA

"Shelf it shelf it shelf it shelf it" (Spoon, 2022)

References/Citations

Spoon, K. (May 2022) "Spastic Rant" Teamspeak, 4th Ed. Retrieved from G2P.

Just now, SquakHawk said:

"Shelf it shelf it shelf it shelf it" (Spoon, 2022)

References/Citations

Spoon, K. (May 2022) "Spastic Rant" Teamspeak, 4th Ed. Retrieved from G2P.

c8381e60ea405c12b14556e8f9bc7ddb.png

2 minutes ago, PXY said:

c8381e60ea405c12b14556e8f9bc7ddb.png

unknown.png

10 minutes ago, PXY said:

This effect, itself, is a passive and its true effect comes in the ability to protect the wielder from Dark Magick spells – as the flames would devour, and engulf it, should it touch the flame-enwreathed part.

For how long and for what tier of magics would it shield from?

Different dark magics have different tiers of these kinds of effects, so at what point do they cancel out/the dark magic overpowers it. 

What gets labeled as dark magic and what is actually doing the protecting/gets protected? Some dark magics affect the soul to achieve their mental affects like with malflame or shamanism(is it a dark magic in this case)? While others might be physical/biological/through magical means. 

15 minutes ago, PXY said:

A descendant of a Nephilim

I'm very dumb, does this just mean Heralds/Azdrazi, or their literal children in the case of Heralds, I only ask bc the recent holy lore post. 

16 minutes ago, PXY said:

barring ones created by Aenguldaemonica

easier to just say supernatural since there are a lot of magic languages that aren't descendant made, but aren't aengudaemonic.

19 minutes ago, PXY said:

With time, however, one may be unable to separate dreams from reality; a curse of the madness that comes with knowing the end

Toss what you specifically mean by this in your redlines, and what the progression of what it would be.

I hope these critiques are useful in amending and/or getting this piece accepted. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

unknown.png

NUB WAE SPOON GAE?

WUB DAH ZKAH NUB WEY

7 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

unknown.png

I hate this lore piece

Spoiler

Joel is forced to accept it now.

changelog:

flame-shield stops voidal or dark spells up to t3

fixed a spelling error

changed to supernatural

later clarified that i mean schizofrenia

i am SELF-DENYING this lore until everyone accepts that im straight bc I AM STRAIGHT, I LOVE WOMEN. I HATE MEN