zzmarcc

Minecraft IGN(s):

zzmarcc

Discord:

Marc#7081

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Breach of combat rules. I left a CRP fight while it was still happening, so it wasn't possible to leave. Screenshot of my ban message: https://gyazo.com/c9e7b5f050d40b40d43e562def55c2ac

What circumstances led to this ban?

Note: I won't be using names, since they are irrelevant in my opinion. Feel free to message me if you do want to know the names for whatever reason. Back to the events: I was in Vienne, the capital of Oren. I rode in my old Imperial State Army (The former army of Oren before it got disanded after the civil war) armor and someone made a fuss over it. I attempted to leave, but they blocked my way and started the CRP. After a few emotes, where others also joined in, I thought this was the most silly CRP I had been in yet. At that point I felt like I didn't want to deal with it at all anymore, so I just emoted riding off and I rode off outside the city, effectively breaking the rules which stated at the time you can't move more than 4 blocks per emote. I was given the chance by the player who started it to return and finish the RP, but I didn't feel like it, so I didn't come back. A few days later I got banned.

To avoid this is very simple really. I need to let the RP transpire, even if I don't like it or don't want to deal with it. You can't like all RP, but you still have to deal with it. I just need to take a deep breath, deal with it and then move on with whatever the outcome is.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with the ban itself. Like I explained in the events, looking back at it, it was obvious I was breaking the rules by leaving the CRP. However, I disagree with the duration. I think a 2 month ban for a minor offense as leaving RP is a bit over the top when others would get like a week (Without prior offense). I understand it's because I got a 1 month ban before for something similar and this ban needs to be longer, but I disagree with that system to punish people again for past rulebreaking. I can see moderation uses it to discourage players to break rules, but I am not a fan of it.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

A couple things really. I enjoy talking and RPing with the community. But I love RPing with my friends and spend time with them in game. So I wish to appeal to hopefully be able to do that again.

Attach other relevant information.

None.

Claimed.

Expect a response within 72 hours.

Appeal accepted, welcome back to the server!