A Letter of The Past

A Letter of The Past

qp8u_YYj0_Mop9oZB-V0ZWM7MndbExc7pMGCBFHLMcbCMCjMIU7owoarD9JGKGmNEaJaWcVNcsHKImNKW1FdlSO9dy7qAAuPw5NY4WcgL26MS8_-yAeXiC10HW4uC2oCSi_X1RWzt5DY2zjQGc5Sbg

[!] Amelia sitting at her window, reading a letter she never sent.

Sitting down in her lounge chair, Amelia put on her reading glasses as she placed a stack of papers into her lap. Ever since she moved Amelia has tried clearing out items that have no use to her.

“Recipes, ein list of fabrics, ein list of dyes,” She rattled off, making two piles of papers. “Ein unfinished drawing… several unfinished drawings. Ein tax break, notes…”

Amelia sighed as she lifted up her glasses to pinch at the bridge of her nose. It has been an hour and finally she has made it to the final paper. Looking down she sees that it is an envelope, and sealed with her family’s crest. Opening it she pursed her lips at the name written with love.

‘Dear Fitz,

It has been years since you have left me, and several less since I have left Elysium. I’ve come to agree with myself that being in Elysium reminds me too much of you, too much of what we had built up only for it to come crashing down. I missed the man you were, we were going to get married, a whole ceremony that I had already made a dress for. But now the dress grows with layers of dust, untouched since I had once shown you.

Haense was once my home as a child, and it is again. I live in a small house, just enough for me and maybe another. Though I know my child will not be joining me, nor you, I still wait near the door for the day. I have my simple lifestyle, restocking shelves of books and quills, buying ingredients, and making my meals. There Are days where I just write letters, much like this one, begging you to remember me and to come back for me. But much like the others this one will be burned in my fireplace.

That is my fear, or rather my issue, I’m stuck in the past we made and the future I so built up for you and for myself. But I have to move on, even though I vowed to never forget you and to never move on. But what are my vows if they were never received under the rite of marriage? Maybe one day I will send a letter, one more calm and still full of that young love I had.

I missed you.

Sincerely,

Amelia Guenevere Mondblume’

Amelia looked over her signature again, then towards the name at the top. The silence that surrounded her was deafening, not even the crackle of the fireplace seemed to make noise. Not until she released a breath, her entire being relaxed.

“Ich was young und stupidly in love. Ich am glad Ich moved on…” Her thumb rubbed over the name ‘Fitz’ a few times, it blurring out under her skin.

Slowly she stood up, folding the paper and placing it back into its envelope. As she looked at the broken wax seal she sighed and threw the paper into the fireplace, watching as the letter burned up and turned into ashes.

“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, ich hope du rested und found love.”