The Sohrab Accords, 1887

Hephaestus

Spoiler

THE SOHRAB ACCORDS

MANVAQ QUL-SOHRAV

El5TaOFD53RVfQ1Le6YU0ndxTC1OPaJ6WA74yITcIERIwiNUM-frB4tZsVtHItdauAN2Q2aBu5qwgIsJB_u_CIO2dj1_2Q8jw7GogiJuwE4dSLp8ptC26FOUqudMuLDkNI-wJu5cAf1GQMlki7OoyJQ

The regnal banner of the Pharaohate of Mihyaar

12 YD 1887, SUNAD DUL-QIDA

YEAR OF THE CAT

The greater senate of the Ramasarish Pharaohate of Mihyaar with the imprimatur of the glorious Pharaoh, Ur-Sahar-Maharaj, after deliberation and qualitative discourse with the Prince’s Small Council in the westward realm of Almaris, hereby dissolves the Chaldees village operative and adjourns any legislative bodies, parties, and administrative entities formed there-under. The Beth es-Sultan has no longer a will of its own. The sentences of the superior courts can no longer be executed. All denizens are dismissed from their post, right, and prerogative to deputise and/or enforce the Sancta Lex Mihyaar (1884). His Supremacy cannot lead any longer.

Successive changes and the exacerbation of the pollutants from the Pool of Waste have, from year to year, reduced the Chaldees constitution and the once impressively-curated infrastructure of the settlement to a shadow of its previous self. His Supremacy is, therefore, compelled to decree that the Chaldees constitution can no longer be acknowledged, recognising, however, the full and absolute sovereignty and authority of the Ramasarish Pharaohate of Mihyaar.

The below is a prepared statement composed by the Pharaoh, Ur-Sahar-Maharaj, to his citizenry in the realm of Almaris:

“Ur-Sahar Maharaj, Pharaoh of Mihyaar, by the grace of Raum, be this bill written and delivered to the blessed subjects of the realm of Chaldees.

I am impelled by my sense of alarm at the security of our village, but bated by my zeal and loyalty to my citizenry, to address the termination of the village of Chaldees and all operations which fall under its administration and legislation. The most worrying among our crises is the collapse of the state and senate system which, over a period of successive years fell to inactivity and stagnancy, which interferes with my and my ministers’ ability to fulfil our duties dedicated to the blessed citizenry.

The penultimate crisis which has necessitated the immediate vacation and dissolution of the Chaldees operative is the hazards posed by the Pool of Waste. I cannot, with good conscience, approach the increasing danger of this circumstance in a laissez-faire manner. It behooves me to vacate the premises of Chaldees in the swiftest way possible, that this may not cause unneeded damage to the wellness of my Mihyaari kinsmen.

What specifically lies ahead for us, all of us, in this event—for all of us individually, for all of us together, for the entire world outside of our tightly-wound citizenry—it cannot be predicted. We, alone, are pickpockets, turncoats, and rapscallions, by tradition. Draft-dodgers, money-mongers, and pirates. But, I hope you will find among yourselves, in the spirit of our cultural fore-elder, Ur-Mihyar himself, strength in solidarity. Together, we are masters of a great portion of the South; masters of the land whence the first light of knowledge had shone over the world; masters of the land which is the storehouse of mortal science; masters of the country of impetuous eloquence and subtle intellect.

I am hereby honourably discharged of being dishonourably in-charge.”

In witness hereof, I set my seal,

HIS SUPREMACY, the Pharaoh of Mihyaar,

Ur-Sahar.

Unbeknownst to most avid readers of the Chaldees Dispatch, a small section in the corner of the weekly publication appeared near a tabloid on the economic crisis in Ramasar. It goes, sadly, unnoticed by most of those who subscribe to the paper:

UR-SAHAR-MAHARAJ (18XX—1887)

Ur-Sahar-Maharaj, Pharaoh of Mihyaar, Prince of Chaldees, is presumed dead today, the Thirteenth of Yathrib’s Day-trip, in the Year of the Cat Eighteen-Eighty-Seven.

Destined to the fate and vocation of Pharaoh-hood by birthright, Lord Sahar was a trailblazer in many respects. Greatest so, in that he initiated the incursion and expansion of the Pharaohate from Ramasar into the Descendant realms. Reports from his daughter, the Grand Vizier of Mihyaar, Ur-Zainab state: much in suit of his decadence, the Pharaoh passed drowning in the bath after failing to rise to the surface, ultimately weighed down in the water by his menagerie of rings, heavy chains, and costume jewellery.

Fitted in funerary regalia, the sovereign's corpse was discreetly sent homeward-bound to Ramasar, to be mummified and displayed in the Hall of Pharaohs. The case of his succession has fallen by the wayside, and is presently undergoing extensive administrative examination, to be determined in the future.

YdPi7VXrlXYh4WEL_RXIYrLIuME80A5DYfaBNN2c65ZCd21aFlVl9DgxCwid_yGUWdCzhAUVrH91rk2j4GGEP7VBVMyU2Mo_yl9-3X9rTQHkPXkh9enFZs9nlFh2V8cgEqrzKnCw1urxWpklWwjMluq8n588Cq_7PCsrl1Ac7IcGm7j7EmnZ2cgk_A

Ur-Sahar-Maharaj (18XX—1887)

Spoiler

After dedicating nearly a year writing and curating all the lore and resources for the Mihyaari culture, as well as the better portion of this year playing the character of Ur-Sahar, and—even if for a short stint—leading and developing the culture in-game via Chaldees, I can undoubtedly say it has been my immense honour and pleasure. I'm admittedly unsatisfied that Chaldees, as a project, didn't last as long as I anticipated. But, it served as a good learning experience to benefit from in the future.

I'd like to thank @Melpomenne for partaking in such a large part of this project, as well as @Kujo for holding my hand at the start of this project, and writing lore of his own.

I hope that, long after today, be there Chaldees or not, people will continue to explore new avenues of RP with the culture I've written.