GhostSHTR

Minecraft IGN(s):

GhostSHTR

Discord:

GhostSHTR#9775

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481117255908982846/1059909819944935464/image.png

What circumstances led to this ban?

I think my entire ban has been a misunderstanding. I am not misogynistic. I have said some things which I deeply regret because they have offended others. Because I am a transgender man I fully understand and empathize with young women and their difficulties. In no way shape or form would I intend to diminish anyone on the basis of their gender. However, I believe that roleplay does not always reflect my real-life values. My roleplay character attacked a woman priest and by no means did I intend to discriminate MissToni out of character because of her gender, but I was acting as my character would. Like most roleplayers on Lord of the Craft, I don’t think that the Ferrymen raid and bandit the roads in real life or that someone is racist to elves and dwarves.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with making sure sexism and hatred be routed out of our community, but I disagree with barring dynamic roleplay. And the thought that if someone roleplays one way, it means that they hold those values in real life.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I am ready to become a part of the Lord of the Craft because I want to roleplay and just have fun with my old friends.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A

It might be good to distance yourself from playing sexist characters, because I don't believe this is the first time you've been in this kind of controversy. I'm not sure if you remember all of what happened in the Othaman discord (it was a year ago, give or take a few months), but upon me refusing to give the title up to Josef you encouraged some dudes (particularly, him) to harass me OOCly and IRP. Before you were kicked from the server, you called me some pretty damn sexist things and made a few remarks that still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

If you act a certain way out of character, people will connect that to your IRP behavior, like Nect said. Give a wholesome character a try? They're fun.

3 hours ago, GhostSHTR said:

I think my entire ban has been a misunderstanding. I am not misogynistic. I have said some things which I deeply regret because they have offended others. Because I am a transgender man I fully understand and empathize with young women and their difficulties. In no way shape or form would I intend to diminish anyone on the basis of their gender.

I can't tell if you are blind to your own actions or shitposting on this appeal hoping you'd get accepted so you can brag about lying on your appeal to whichever community you've sucked yourself into. Whether you are transgender or not, it doesn't give you a free pass to be misogynistic. I have you seen you firsthand being discriminatory towards women on the fact that they are women out-of-character.

When the Canonist Church's curia chat OOCly discussed the question of whether women should be allowed to be priests because nothing strictly prohibited it from the Holy Scrolls, most people were for it, one or two may have been mixed because it'd been an RP tradition at that point, but you were the only one who I recall was staunchly against it and you justified your position on the matter with phrases along the lines of "women are frustrating" and "egirls should not be given the opportunity to do their antics in the church" (as much as I'd like to give direct quotes, I don't have access to the chat anymore). It was your incel-like OOC behaviour alongside your RP behaviour (which was incredibly unfit for the Church as your persona deviated from the norms) that had you removed from any position of authority in the Church. While I don't have any of the stuff from the Curia chat (where pretty much most if not all of the Church-discussed discrimination was), I do have some screenshots from the priesthood channel that does display some degree of misogyny that isn't RP justified which is put below in a spoiler (first proves that they acknowledge that women aren't prohibited from being priests in the Holy Scrolls, second proves that they were heavily against the idea of making women priests). And oh? Who would have guessed? You got banned for attacking one of the first female priests of the Church? I am sure that there is no blend of OOC and RP at all.

I have to say this ban was a pleasant surprise because it was inevitable. While they are past their appeal date now, I still think that they should remain banned until they are able to make an appeal that sounds sincere and owns up to their behaviours properly.

Spoiler

oEJz3Doc4QVwXohvPs1jZwzeSjhcPlMQL5kTfcqU0s0fIpI8DUABdUjjRTzcQgWT8bKbi5YRxJcVM7lpffA59lwrvwoJVdXvlFlcFBYxmxG94iuBOi4ZGWzNjbQYJhhg2OIipPja2JQya5GsMGcIxcjvuAWap2Nj1H1hEJY93UG6vxl5lFxjvPqW6tmM

wvFjkXUdwrGxTPzRs0fmjkrZkmmJrmXnYbh15utae66jSdyRGHMYPaaDR53yDV_wRBVuGKBmJJDkotgafe2qjLwDnXawqVCLBSeF2dJ3DhsXRecyNj2pcKx8QQVLMDeXJgl7tzemJwZsqPJ5yRde5Pm5RHy7d-PcGSbVvzkOWV_TWMh_ZXscXnUzbgzA

18 minutes ago, Crevel said:

I can't tell if you are blind to your own actions or shitposting on this appeal hoping you'd get accepted so you can brag about lying on your appeal to whichever community you've sucked yourself into. Whether you are transgender or not, it doesn't give you a free pass to be misogynistic. I have you seen you firsthand being discriminatory towards women on the fact that they are women out-of-character.

When the Canonist Church's curia chat OOCly discussed the question of whether women should be allowed to be priests because nothing strictly prohibited it from the Holy Scrolls, most people were for it, one or two may have been mixed because it'd been an RP tradition at that point, but you were the only one who I recall was staunchly against it and you justified your position on the matter with phrases along the lines of "women are frustrating" and "egirls should not be given the opportunity to do their antics in the church" (as much as I'd like to give direct quotes, I don't have access to the chat anymore). It was your incel-like OOC behaviour alongside your RP behaviour (which was incredibly unfit for the Church as your persona deviated from the norms) that had you removed from any position of authority in the Church. While I don't have any of the stuff from the Curia chat (where pretty much most if not all of the Church-discussed discrimination was), I do have some screenshots from the priesthood channel that does display some degree of misogyny that isn't RP justified which is put below in a spoiler (first proves that they acknowledge that women aren't prohibited from being priests in the Holy Scrolls, second proves that they were heavily against the idea of making women priests). And oh? Who would have guessed? You got banned for attacking one of the first female priests of the Church? I am sure that there is no blend of OOC and RP at all.

I have to say this ban was a pleasant surprise because it was inevitable. While they are past their appeal date now, I still think that they should remain banned until they are able to make an appeal that sounds sincere and owns up to their behaviours properly.

Hide contents

oEJz3Doc4QVwXohvPs1jZwzeSjhcPlMQL5kTfcqU0s0fIpI8DUABdUjjRTzcQgWT8bKbi5YRxJcVM7lpffA59lwrvwoJVdXvlFlcFBYxmxG94iuBOi4ZGWzNjbQYJhhg2OIipPja2JQya5GsMGcIxcjvuAWap2Nj1H1hEJY93UG6vxl5lFxjvPqW6tmM

wvFjkXUdwrGxTPzRs0fmjkrZkmmJrmXnYbh15utae66jSdyRGHMYPaaDR53yDV_wRBVuGKBmJJDkotgafe2qjLwDnXawqVCLBSeF2dJ3DhsXRecyNj2pcKx8QQVLMDeXJgl7tzemJwZsqPJ5yRde5Pm5RHy7d-PcGSbVvzkOWV_TWMh_ZXscXnUzbgzA

Mf really used screenshots from 2021 for "proof." It's 2023. Get with the times.

1 hour ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

Mf really used screenshots from 2021 for "proof." It's 2023. Get with the times.

yo as much as i dont like ghostSHTR you posted monkey **** on the forums so cant really talk shit

refrain from having your schtick being sexist misogynistic characters, that's all the input i have, as, i don't particularly like you and will admit that

Being a transgender man doesn't erase being able to be misogynistic. After a vote, Moderation has deduced this appeal is insufficient and expresses no remorse for the people you've attacked and made uncomfortable. Furthermore, it's been established you've a routine of disparaging women out-of-character as well. If your concept of "dynamic role-play" is dusting off the Cheeto dust from your fingers and making remarks in-characterly that make people out-of-characterly discomforted, namely as it pertains to their sex and gender, that is a personal failing because you've not done your due diligence to read the room. If it was just RP, you wouldn't be banned right now is the truth, so take some time to reflect on your actions and return with an appeal that doesn't look like some ego defense you wrote in five minutes.

Many people come from many different backgrounds. I know firsthand many women on LoTC who have been routinely treated with cruelty under the guise of it just being role-play, because it is a solid way for somebody to deflect personal accountability. You have been a negative member of LoTC whose behavior has negatively impacted other people, so make the change and prove that you're worthwhile and can bring a good attitude to the server.

Dynamic role-play isn't some Bill Burr bit where you beat a female player silly in a domestic violence situation with a can-opener without consent. Dynamic role-play is recognizing there are consequences for your role-play.

Maybe it's about time you recognized those consequences for real. 

Denied.