SUMMONS FOR PATRIOTIC SACRIFICE, 1907

Islamadon

SUMMONS FOR PATRIOTIC SACRIFICE, 1907

Issued and Confirmed by His Imperial Majesty the Holy Orenian Emperor Leopold I Francis, 20th of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1907.

TO OUR BELOVED SUBJECTS,

His Imperial Majesty, Leopold I Francis Horen, seeks to ascend to a power not yet seen upon this mortal plane. Two living dedicants must be offered to the benevolent master, Iblees, so that the House of Horen may never fall again.

Those patriotic servants of the House of Horen will be rewarded with honors perpetual. They who pay this tithe will be made Knights of the Imperial Order of the Red Dragon, their names inscribed in the Hall of Heroes for generations to come. Further, these zealous loyalists shalt be risen from the grave and offered a place within the Emperor’s host as a member of his Nauzican Regiment. 

Those most of noble hearts and dedication to the House of Horen may deliver a letter to His Imperial Majesty's personal aviary, where the quality of the servant shall be judged. Those deemed worthy shall be delivered instructions for further steps when required by the Imperial Crown.

IN NOMINE DEI,

His Imperial Majesty Leopold I Francis of the House of Horen, by the Grace of IBLEES, Unholy Orenian Emperor and rightful Emperor of Aeldin, forever August, Apostate King in Oren, of Savoy, Aaun, Haense, Westerlands and Salvus, Destroyer of the Faith, Duke of the Crownlands, Avar, Frederica, Krajia, and Cascadia, Margrave of Greater Kreden, Count of Johannesburg, Louvain, Beauclair, Sundholt, Estavar, and Wett. Sovereign of Humanity, Suzerain of the Elves and Protector of the Dominion of Malin, etcetera.

LhDEHA3rMZzgy33Te7bSfpiiZ9sZ_OVtlm7M1-7n

An old Orenian count, senile in his old years, pens a reply to the 'Emperor'.

"HAIL, Leopold I Francis. @Islamadon

I am an ornanite Orenian patriot: surely one of the last left! I was once the Count of . . . Ah, I've forgotten my County's name . . ."

A bit further down in darker ink, denoting it was written days later.

"VALLES! It was Valles, and Patriarch of Othaman. However, those times are long gone. I am old in my prime but slowly withering. The Empire is gone, but I trust you to bring it back! I am willing to be . . . Is sacrificed a term for something else? Whatever it is, willing to do that!

Thank yOu,

Viathan Aleksandr Othaman, Count of Valles, TrUE Orenian Patriot."

The letter is written on the back of an old Novellen Tavern advertisement.

"The true Denier is taxes," Stanimar nods knowingly, sacrificing a goat to Iblees.