[✓] [World/Material Lore] Chitin Crafts

GSemB2ytiIXzGAtFMPOhMLE_-AiJGQ44cvmcu7L5qQ9eROGurFhVHskdVsfjJO1G_oLIMdrwkhmA8fJfxHYdwKDImQqX8HleEpk7XB0POIW994OKO42wCjnrEysqygHYJW66Xd437sq1Bu8-I6mNBJE

Spoiler

Chitin Crafts

☾༻⸻☾ꈊ☽⸻༺☽

Within the days of yore, the Mali’ker used chitin in everyday life. Within ancient Magara’lin where the fauna of the under realm offered all food and craft, this chitin served a vital use in the building of homes, boats, plates, bowls, and of course armour. This Chitin armour was made from the carapace of native insects and held together by resinous glues. This creation process is applied to all Crafts of Chitin. 

Such ancient techniques have been lifted from the darkness, and integrated into modern Mali’ker society. Stronger resins, metallic straps, and plates. These modern suits of Chitin hold the strength of the metallic Ferrum plate and bear the same weight. In the modern age, this can be extended to Chitin weapons as well. 

Harvesting Chitin

☾༻⸻☾ꈊ☽⸻༺☽

Harvesting Chitin is simple and can be done from any insect creature. All Chitin harvested from creatures such as the Lurker, Stilt Strider, Giant Beetles and beyond bare no magical affects or properties. Operating the same as Ferrum. 

Crafting With Chitin

☾༻⸻☾ꈊ☽⸻༺☽

Crafting with Chitin is a simple process done typically by heating rods of metal or blades to curve away at the chitin and create the desired shape. Akin to standard armor craft, leather straps can be bolted into chitin. Pieces of chitin are held together by the extremely strong glue like saliva harvested from the Gua. Anything from bowls, spears, vases, shelves, or even walls can be created with enough chitin. 

Crafts of Chitin bear the strength and quality of Ferrum or Black Ferrum. For all mechanical purposes it is simply aesthetic Ferrum. This includes weight, and though instead of degrading with time to rust, chitin rots in place of the natural process of rust. 

Weapons of Chitin are able to be lit on fire twice before the Chitin fully burns away. Chitin does not warp with heat, it simply melts. Weapons of Chitin bear the same weight, durability, and effectiveness as Ferrum or Black Ferrum

Crafts of Chitin is not RARE knowledge, this means it does not require an FA or anything of the sort to create Crafts of Chitin. Characters are able to stumble their way through creation or learn from other characters in the same sense standard metallurgy is. 

Crafts of Chitin are aesthetic in nature purely. These do not require an ST sign to roleplay Crafts of Chitin. 

ST signed chitin, will follow all oversight rules as is standard with approval of an ST. 

why tho.. not all insects are made of metal.. unless..

VERTICAL ANT 

image.png

ants GIF

2 minutes ago, Jaxothy said:

why tho.. not all insects are made of metal.. unless..

VERTICAL ANT 

image.png

Vertical Ant. 

All and all these piece is just designed to allow those that want to have re-colored and different metal armor that is chitin. 

1 minute ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

Vertical Ant. 

All and all these piece is just designed to allow those that want to have re-colored and different metal armor that is chitin. 

We already have things for this tho, the Almaris bestiary exists for a reason. Lurkers, for example. Ntm countless E.T events where steel-strength chitin is offered as a reward by various E.Ts. 

Vertical Ant. 

But this also just seems like a way to get ST signed armour for the sake of ST signed armour- Chitin has been a thing

Just now, Valannor said:

We already have things for this tho, the Almaris bestiary exists for a reason. Lurkers, for example. Ntm countless E.T events where steel-strength chitin is offered as a reward by various E.Ts. 

When we asked Squak, we were told we are not allowed to make Chitin Armor or harvest it from a Lurker in any way shape or form. 

Just now, Jaxothy said:

But this also just seems like a way to get ST signed armour for the sake of ST signed armour- Chitin has been a thing

Crafts of Chitin will not be ST signed, as it bears the same durability, weight, and mechanics of Ferrum. This is not a means to simply get ST signed Chitin armor but allow us to just have aesthetic chitin armor. 

37 minutes ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

Crafts of Chitin are aesthetic in nature purely, and can only be used with ST signed chitin with oversight and approval of an ST. 

2 minutes ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

Crafts of Chitin will not be ST signed, as it bears the same durability, weight, and mechanics of Ferrum. This is not a means to simply get ST signed Chitin armor but allow us to just have aesthetic chitin armor. 

What this

Your lore is very contradicting

3 minutes ago, Valannor said:

People have been rejected from making armor out of lurkers/ET can do basically anything it'd be silly to restrict lore because an ET could possibly make an event reward that's similar.

2 minutes ago, Jaxothy said:

What this

A mistake I missed when I was editing. The purpose of this redline was not in its final form which was to say Crafts of Chitin are not ST signed and offer no special affects 

To be a counter part to ST signed chitin armor that typically does have more affects.

3 minutes ago, TeawithFrisket said:

Your lore is very contradicting

I welcome suggesting and constructive feed back :D

When we asked Squak, we were told we are not allowed to make Chitin Armor or harvest it from a Lurker in any way shape or form. 

Kind of odd, but there's still a lot of E.T trophies which do get turned into armor/shields of varying forms. I suppose if the Lurker cant be used this submission sort of makes sense, though it is p heavily lacking in a lot of uniqueness beyond the fact that it's insectoid in nature. I'd try and figure smth out for this to help it stand out, a la Anorum, and similar other materials. 

I'll mull it over, I'm not against the concept, it just seemed odd at a glance when I've seen many examples of chitinous armours and the like before. I'd suggest things like unique properties or crafting methods that go beyond what is currently present, as this lore does suffer the issue of being overly simplistic and barebones, which degrades its appeal on a personal level. In the mean time, I'll see about figuring out why our current insectoid beasties cant be made into armor and the like, and potentially work to amend that given it doesnt make too much sense when the Crackadonk exists and it can be turned into all sorts of stuff, up to and including hot sauce. 

Just now, Valannor said:

Kind of odd, but there's still a lot of E.T trophies which do get turned into armor/shields of varying forms. I suppose if the Lurker cant be used this submission sort of makes sense, though it is p heavily lacking in a lot of uniqueness beyond the fact that it's insectoid in nature. I'd try and figure smth out for this to help it stand out, a la Anorum, and similar other materials. 

I'll mull it over, I'm not against the concept, it just seemed odd at a glance when I've seen many examples of chitinous armours and the like before. I'd suggest things like unique properties or crafting methods that go beyond what is currently present, as this lore does suffer the issue of being overly simplistic and barebones, which degrades its appeal on a personal level. In the mean time, I'll see about figuring out why our current insectoid beasties cant be made into armor and the like, and potentially work to amend that given it doesnt make too much sense when the Crackadonk exists and it can be turned into all sorts of stuff, up to and including hot sauce. 

All and all the general point of this piece is to just give more aesthetic and let us LARP Morrowind I will not deny. 

When it comes to crafting methods I can understand that but I am not sure about special properties beyond to much. Example in theory any armor made of Chitin should be considerably lighter, but I don't want to make a piece like this to give a combative edge over other players or groups nor lock knowledge of this sort. 

Thank you for the constructive feed back. 

Where are all the monster hunter fans in this thread? I’d thought they would swarm this. +1

3 minutes ago, Valannor said:

IMO there should be a blanket player event rule that bones/hide/etc can be equivalent to mundane materials like steel or leather. Currently there are a lot of monsters which cannot be repurposed because if it's not explicitly mentioned lt has generally not allowed people to make things out of it.