Why do I write?

SirB0ng0

Why do I Write?
by Jonathan O’Kieran

Why do I write? This question has been posed to me before, and while the answer is not a simple one, I will endeavor to provide a response. Writing has always provided me with a sense of serenity, regardless of the subject matter. As my quill glides across the parchment, a calmness washes over me. Writing is a means of escapism, allowing me to transport myself and others into my world. It is a powerful tool that can create friendships and allies or bring about the destruction of kingdoms. Initially, I began writing with the intent of composing a book, but I soon discovered that my true passion lies in crafting short missives and inspiring others to reach their full potential. While some may not appreciate my writing, those who fail to recognize the value in life's little moments may not comprehend its significance. I write to express my affection for those in my life, as writing allows me to convey my emotions with greater precision than mere words. Writing is my sanctuary, a fortress that cannot be breached. In the darkest of times, when all seems lost, I find solace in my writing. I write to protect those around me and inspire them to persevere against all odds.