The Chained Prince [The Aftermath Storyline]

Javert

Spoiler

This is my first post in regards to the new "The Aftermath" storyline, which goes into detail regarding the aftermath of the Sedanian-Rozanian war in which Oisinite Rozanians attempted to invade Sedan to reclaim lost Rozanian lands. This is purely a forum post storyline, so do let me know if you enjoy it or not! At the moment Cahir is a non-interactable island far from the coast of Almaris, so you are not allowed to participate or have a character who participated in events on Cahir. Nonetheless, your Character is allowed to know about events happening on Cahir as most of what transpires on Cahir is public to Almaris. If you have any questions, send me a DM at Javert#3430

THE CHAINED PRINCE

MUuK6qpo6Rs3-tj6dTCGaf1tP8YXivnicmQxtJsyJsYEk3TwEO5F5M10O4DDuJbk4BHczXeqkuERoO3t4WrfIxuqTEdt0y8ffoBvLY5TZUING-2CNmQmbZP7ZBuOqgDysnca_qlQPwkFeXbqYaRA-Iw

The imprisonment of Prince Aleksy ‘the Fool’

V37aKf6stz0CFYQ6k-JNprC_e5cHtsMdt5mgJe3rwR038wrl4HfgT-R4QPinFyIeAuROyRmZo3F8wafAjqAaWV5crX-bacP925difm45D5YMX9tnONNUmDK6_8WA1sz8B5u-9pt_QSJhlLiUoxUCoA

In disgrace, Prince Aleksy had returned to Cahir following his defeat at the hands of Sedanian and Haeseni forces. It was he who insisted upon the war to reclaim old Rozanian lands, and it was he who had failed to see it through. Because of his warmongering and lust for approval, thousands of Rozanians were dead. Now back in Cahir, the Prince was forced to pay for his actions as he was thrown in a cell by his own Father.

At first, Prince Aleksy had hoped to resist his own arrest. With the knowledge that he would be arrested for his failure, the Prince attempted to utilize the forces at his command to resist his Father. Even so, King Armitage of Rozania had been prepared. 10,000 men commanded by Crown-Prince Andrzej came to meet Prince Aleksy’s surviving 5,000 men. As the two armies aligned to meet one another in battle, the Prince came to his senses and accepted his fate before blood could be shed. The Prince approached his Brother and surrendered his sword, then to be clamped in Irons and taken back to the Cahirian Capital.

th7qurZ6kJ_ybtgQUPoGA0rqgm67btG-vLS1vQj7MggJkZEgNZc9esV4pY5EaKxOd-4EexBKKDQjE8EzaQ_8vRPg5J_Vl2lbwXsDamb0smbdQzSsGMUiqTFLZx6nMKhGtYXnENIwCZ3XuzIxtvMx0O8

Prince Aleksy surrendering to Crown-Prince Andrzej

Circa 114 S.A.

Now in the darkness of his cell, Prince Aleksy awaited his sentence from his Father. The Prince wondered of his Wife and Children - were they safe? Had his Father treated them with mercy? Aleksy assumed that his Father would not be so cruel as to imprison his family for his own crimes, yet he was not so certain. Suddenly, a loud clang upon his cell door broke the silence.

Brother.”

Andrzej?”

I assume you understand that your punishment will not be a light one.” said the Crown-Prince, offering Aleksy a Cigar through the bars of the cell.

I expected such.” Aleksy approached the cell door and accepted the Cigar, taking a long drag from it.

Your family is safe. Father showed mercy towards them.”

Thank God. Ser Chadvik?”

Pardoned. He attempted to put in a good word for you, but Father is still determined to punish you.”

Understandably so.”

I pray this is not the last time we speak, Aleksy.”

I concur, Brother.”

With that, Crown-Prince Andrzej left Aleksy’s damp and cold cell behind. The Prince’s fate to be decided in the coming days of his imprisonment.

V37aKf6stz0CFYQ6k-JNprC_e5cHtsMdt5mgJe3rwR038wrl4HfgT-R4QPinFyIeAuROyRmZo3F8wafAjqAaWV5crX-bacP925difm45D5YMX9tnONNUmDK6_8WA1sz8B5u-9pt_QSJhlLiUoxUCoA

An elven mage who was once a warrior was wary to this day - for always he gazed behind himself, wondering if the great Chadvik that had once bested him would be there.