Intruder

marikandaperc

Spoiler

fm13rJagb3J2iI0yMagrVFZ3MieVungzbFMht-i4P51TC_g9YUnxEixfkbb0JDzn1OzINntEwzyv-ju98tnMHtzbdiP2pyF26AzF3bDQlNNVedda5E3znxROzb2HwpyV5r9sL999rVSWUwGa

Art credit

AN INTRUDER APPROACHED

“Where even am I? Why am I here? Uh, when did I leave Talar’nor?“ the voice of an icy elfess echoed through her domain which she wandered; the snowy highlands. It had been many a day since the last time she felt validated. In Talar’nor, Kasula was considered a stranger. She could take care of her garden, and spend time by the docks looking at the bolting fish, yet where was her family?

Wandering the world has since become a great tool to feel accomplished. Her gaze, ever filled with curiosity, explored the essence of a new continent. With every step, a fresh tear fell from her purple eyes. 

“When was the last time you felt accomplished, Kasula?”

Her own voice echoed as she spun upon the cold snow creep. Before she even noticed, the highlands were no more, and the air around her was ashy and difficult to breathe. She came to a halt, eyes dazing around the dry plains with a curious demeanor. “Aevos has… Vulcanic mountains and empty plains?” That elfess hollered in question, and her voice echoed. Not a soul nearby, Kasula decided to begin exploring that new, unfamiliar domain that certainly did not fit her pale aesthetic. Her gaze, purple in color, traveled from mountain to mountain, cave to cave, ‘til she finally arrived upon a strange place. “Hello?” echoed her voice, yet not a single soul picked up that greeting shout. Her hands slid with an ethereal touch upon the dark wall of the shrine, looking for a key to a secret entrance. After a torought investigation, nothing came of it, and the disappointed elfess swirled on her heel to head for a nearby bridge, which seemingly had been shaped from the very body of a mountain. Arriving at the top of the bridge, she noticed a weird tree in the distance. And so she crossed the path of stone, held by three potent columns. That woman stared, and before she could even notice it - her legs moved. She found herself pacing towards the tree, driven by slow and careful steps. Scrutinous eyes looked around the entire tree, and then slid onto its ashy surface. A hole, a lever, anything that could warrant the opening of a secret passage; yet there was none. Disappointed, Kasula gasped out a single huff and made it down the bridge. Her walk remained that of a steady researcher, she was sure there had to be something. “Why else would they put a bridge in the middle of nowhere? And a single tree, how suspicious.” wondered Kasula in her mind, a sole thought that traveled to the deepest darkest corners of her mind. Her head was slumped down onto the soil and she continued on her march, beginning to notice the fatigue of the trip.

Yet, there was nothing.

Then suddenly.

Heat.

She bolted her head up, fixating the red coat around the shoulders, likely the sole outfit she was ever seen wearing. A huge slit parted the mountain, showing the entrance to what at first glance seemed a volcano

mIxwvSCAJmn3qV-xnlK8-ei1gGyoRS6ovQcnnP6cu2uHqjGH9dl82QpMmel3mcU4k7mArIiKvusJ0ks1qBTDKFjI7l67EAwDQulYX4kkWRKDVoKIR0BTcz7M64uQk_6W4XBdrt4GhFFjmhiZ

Art credit

Struck by awe, the curious Tennallar, an animal of the sea, ventured deep into the chamber of lava. A single structure floated in its center, hung from the top of the volcano, colossally imponent. A handful of bridges connected to the structure.  She began her climb. Many times tripping and falling, yet raising every single time. Her hands graced every single inch of the place with inquisitive touch, looking for a hidden keyhole. In the end - she opted to climb around the wall and onto the next bridge, unable to find anything. The bridge led into the structure itself, made of dark-red bricks. Exploring further, she found herself before a Paradise lost inside a Hellish domain. Approaching the charming library, her hand slid over the cover of the books before reaching for a past Queen’s diary. A mere ten pages in, her ears flicked with annoyance, hearing the heavy footsteps of someone. 

Right by her left appeared the giant by ashen skin and glorious horns. Three of his eyes peered straight into her soul, and she froze. The intruder was found out and she had no way out. The diary was placed right back in its place, and she stared at the bookshelf. A gulp, full of fear, was swallowed down. Her gaze was everywhere but on the inquisitive look of the thing, whose sole ethereal being induced fear upon Kasula. They sat down by a tree, and the elfess responded to many an inquiry regarding herself. That day, a flame arose within the depths of a long-frozen heart. She returned, charmed by the beauty of the deity, and left flowers by its precious tome.

Spoiler

This is the writing for an actual RP that happened on the server, which left me satisfied enough to write something down. I hadn't played the character in a while so this is a sort of unshelving. The juicy part during the visit was not detailed, mostly because I did not ask permission to the involved parties (which I apologize for, very willing to take this down if they find it troubling). I tried my best to just write Kasula's story and not step on anyone's toes, in case they fear metagame!

Edited by marikandaperc