SUNKEN SILVER | Silver State of Nepotism

S U N K E N  S I L V E R

SILVER STATE OF NEPOTISM

-

Inaction and inadequacy will only lead to ruin.

First abandoned by our Sohaer during the perilous journey to Aevos, and now a new figurehead rises with a claim of ‘succession’ despite scarcely holding any presence in our city over the last few decades. Like sheep, we blindly follow.

Inaction came next. The appointment of new stations without any subsequent announcement. Tilruir that roamed the streets with knowledge of their titles and positions lost among the citizenry. Once such an issue was brought to light, only then was our ‘precious’ Sohaer’s appointment finally announced. And yet, bias wreaks havoc in the form of peculiar appointments of State.

Okarir’akaln and Okarir’tayna. 

Our newest Okarir’akaln was only previously granted the title of Tilruir for barely a year before claiming her position as Okarir instead. However, it is unfair to claim Miss Yera has not earned her place - with many contributions to the economy and markets as the Silver State’s leading merchant. 

The only question resides in her length of stay within the Silver City thus far - a mere six years. Not even a decade, and yet the position of Okarir is granted.

Perhaps even worse, the position of Okarir’tayna has been granted to a woman barely known by the current populace - after a mere two years maximum of random wanderings. No display of magicks or magickal knowledge has been shown, thus her very credentials to fulfill such a post, regardless of her time spent within the City itself, are something of a question.

What is the meaning of these appointments? 

Our City is surely to come to ruin when such new individuals are granted Okarir over citizenry and Tilruirs that have resided for far longer. Let us not appreciate and encourage the work of our Tilruir’tir and Tilruir’hiylun, but instead promote those who have yet to breach little more than an Elven Month among our ilk.

If these appointments are anything to go by, under the Uradir’s reign our Silver State is doomed by bias and nepotism.

- A concerned Citizen

[!] 

To the notice board, a counter missive was pinned. It read simply:

Please pen a letter to me, Lareh'thilln Apartments I. By my own mali'thill honour and integrity I will assure your anonymity. 

Ildilyntra.

Valorin Celia'thilln reads the missive and sighs. He turns to his sister to regale her of the news from Haelun'or and states, "More of the usual, it would seem. Perhaps a few more decades before we return, this time."