On Ashen Traditions | Customs & Rites of House Amador

critter

e5lHVdEHuIBaup5LGAGad7hZksBOJILFCWicr98YqO7xeJrbUQGcGo-SM_O1xUvBG5Hy34mg5JiAh4WRFE6a-bFfkfd-nEMXrYJBbNdSNxvI-w2gEyHcaEqRZQgVZtWOgoGbejX0LzkGgaRw6hEQOQU

wEUt_tuubP1OjQy9KgtfxrSg7SYYgUebNVmFeoDsQmlls1bbR9_wXEgLnNRbQjWHYiRTPt_XJ0X_7ztSK-10y0zNDJ7aY1VLgK94kvAgC-ielD0TRp6bdYWQTa9y1FOSHIEwCp38Jk6V1B9CqEvcAho

1350 A.H. - Present

LFW5qe5qmRMsQcfDg2_aluRqthVSkXUJqXsucXDSbw90V2JqSddnoshcBp-OtvVqiCYAhhM76oGt7bsHgTGTn7Dl4z6Ex9kqOTKyS6z2OduygKDrwPU7KbVNF_dyf8ir4PITwdXcf3DfwWo4W6SxiO4

cSG96YOWQ03U8XHEbxcP2qNTyFpPWOegGEFAs6fRSDjNF1I6GgqhHaXm0Hrv5Hay3vdTnKtu6bqHNZPNvyUUL6TsUdL-Ilmi1wBB6X8qPTpuJeTpUkWZH0H-AwT7MYaRcVuuF3UJ7dczPi4qiWx4B-Q

From Ashes, We Rise

17th of Joma & Umund | 497 E.S

VA EDLERVIK,

As I approach my own coming-of-age, it seems most pertinent that I further dedicate myself to the record and practice of my family’s customs. In two short years I will take my place as the eleventh peer to lead my House, and in doing so seal myself in the annals of Amadorian history. 

It would be my first choice, then, to put into public archives those practices which my inveterate House still keeps.

TO MAKE THE FIRST COIN | ERRE VE AUWNARANY

An Amador, as a child of legacy foremost built by the industrious merchantry of our ancestors, keeps the first coin made by their own labor; preserved and guarded, whether carried on their person or sheltered in the family home. To lose or trade this coin is a sign of misfortune to come upon the house: but to keep it, to take pride in it and how it was earned, is to assure success. 

TO WEATHER THE STORM | PETRAVEZK VE OXTZOIK

An Amador must understand that the House’s legacy hinges on the art of shipwrighting. By the age of thirteen, they are expected to have the skills and understanding to build and maintain a small rowboat, to be tested on the rapids and ice-floes of the Haeseni north. 

TO FIGHT THE ANCESTRAL FIGHT | VE FITSK I HAES

Each Amador must be able to, no matter their circumstance or entrance, wield a blade with which they can defend their Kingdom and kin. By their sixteenth nameday, an Amador is expected to have selected a preferred weapon, the crafting and maintenance of which they must understand in its intricacy.

TO BEAR AN HONORED NAME | DRAVATIVSK VE KAROSMAAN

The children of the Amador patriarch or matriarch are to bear a second name of a respected ancestor, the history of which they are expected to learn by their thirteenth nameday, and the story of which ancestor they shall retell at their coming-of-age.

TO REST BENEATH THE SILENT TREE | TUEK WAULDIV VE GRAVDRVOGG

Upon death, an Amador is to be buried in a cedar casket beneath a tree, into which their initials are then carved. In this way, they are returned to that which made this family what it is: the wood from which we carve our crafts, build our homes, and once made our ships. The size of the tree shall reflect the stature of the Amador beneath it.

IV JOVEO MAAN,

_qwasrYH5FzZpAV2sYSiSGYx2j9uE4qIWG5qIwkyjRxsvx6o_mFhxnJ2N1zlZu8hDI2P1B-l2bdLaW9qB3TS-wRmkG_G1KHKmL2nB6az5at1-CSfMLXsfMO9VEOQJYCKBOCyw50zdMcdKsHCPC_jGC4

His Lordship, Henrik III Edvard Amador, 11th Baron of Mondstadt

SOesl80DueWNzo1JeYlFrgtMYQPPf39ofmtaWL7OCl6vvXkJWA9qaoQx4760iE3zPaM7kYfmiHWClQQV7OpxY4PMDu08im-q3RIybSvnb0craSq6JL0BD4bSeNqOqwecJzQYla9m6Qaq54lMgmOkNkc

Lady Liridona Ingrid Amador, The Gem of Amador, Regent of House Amador, 

Lady Chamberlain of Hanseti-Ruska

wOUXNt50tFf9sZSkuEqz7tiJR525rparw71U5PhT1hjOkVaCz1Yrm5UBG6BNvRcAN7tKfzvHzBM-_bh-LJAPRJ6mol7Da_a357cw-RLKqwoamdPBm27zYFgbESvfc5JYz6Kp9Igtf6eg2IbdTXxwCNU

Professor, Albus Amador, Chronologist of the House of Amador

AihO2FUumJx_HrqOxnb6yK5fTKDBkKPBh5GRRfjF0Her-g4IeR9E_Hbze3QwyLjTNQ9a5GaFPj3hqWivl-RkibR_8rJ__-42Gv1w7na1AteLSGbXBy7TrW2O158jekpDUAjs8s3pAx8oupBmMWHElXw

Lord Murtagh Matyas Amador, The Protector of the Phoenix, Commander of the Amadorian Wardens, Master of the Wardrobe of Hanseti-Ruska

The young baron’s regent sheds a tear of pride! “Ah, Nattie, Alek… how proud vy would be of vyr boy. He’s all grown up.”

Murtagh Amador, slumped at his desk after a long bender, looks over the missive through his hungover stupor. "Goddan, yam OLD ag this kiddo's damn grown!" He'd exclaim after a long moment of trial and error to read through the passage.