[Complete] Report (Dargrind, wowj, Tasty_Cheesecake, HeroOfDuLoc, Lavender_Valley, Blarien)

tasty_cheesecake

Player(s) Involved

Dargrind, wowj, Tasty_Cheesecake, HeroOfDuLoc, Lavender_Valley, Blarien

Explanation

We engaged in a CRP with Blarien and Lavender_Valley beginning at 10:14PM. wowj and Dargrind engaged Blarien and Lavender_Valley in CRP beginning at this time. Lavender_Valley attempted to tug at the arm of Dargrind while Dargrind was kicking Blarien to death. This emote was not acknowledged due to its lacking effect on the CRP, and RP continued for a time. As this occurred, Lavender_Valley sent me a DM questioning why her emote was ignored. I responded that she was an elf, Dargrind was an orc, and the emote would have little effect. Blarien was killed while Lavender_Valley was still involved in the CRP, and I turned to engage Lavender_Valley in dialogue. At this point, Lavender_Valley forced a halt in CRP to wait for a mod to arrive. MaltaMoss eventually arrived at the scene and mediated the situation. The moderator offered us to VC with each other but Lavender_Valley refused to speak directly to us. Eventually, a settlement was reached where RP would continue, and we continued CRP from the dialogue, where Dargrind and wowj engaged Lavender_Valley in combat while I watched. Combat continued until an instance of powergaming where Lavender_Valley attempted to dodge an attack from Dargrind, and another halt to CRP and mod call occured. I had engaged a connection to Kani prior to the halt of CRP and eventually deployed the magic to halt the running. Lavender_Valley then halted CRP for a third time to ask what lore was used, before capitulating as the mod was asked a third time to intervene.

Throughout this CRP, every message of correspondence from Lavender_Valley was separated by 10+ minutes. It is my belief that Lavender_Valley's conduct, in consideration of the incredibly long period of time between messages from Lavender_Valley, that this combat roleplay was conducted in bad faith. Lavender_Valley's refusal to engage us directly in conversation further leads me to believe that this player was acting maliciously towards us to waste our time in a gambit to escape the CRP by boring us away. Overall, the CRP took nearly 4 hours to complete. Forty minutes of this CRP was spent engaging Blarien, and the remainder of the CRP was spent waiting for moderators to mediate with Lavender_Valley regarding well-understood rules of CRP, e.g. that a missed emote is not grounds for leaving CRP, powergaming, etc. It is for this reason that I find it necessary to file this report, after being told that this player has engaged in similar conduct multiple times in the past.

Relevant Material

Evidence

Check Omni logs between 10:15 PM and 2:00 AM 10/20/23 - 10/21/23. Filter for the involved players: wowj, Dargrind, Tasty_Cheesecake, Lavender_Valley.

(3886, -8, 180)

10/20/23

Evidence of uncooperative conduct.

Evidence

I reached out to Lavender_Valley and was offered an explanation of their behavior, stating that they were trying to read the lore, that they do not do CRP, and that they were generally confused. However, they did not acknowledge their conduct throughout the CRP in general, only towards the end when I directly got involved.

Before posting on this thread, please review the Report Rules.

Edited by tasty_cheesecake
Removed sam from report.

It took a total of 4 hours and it seemed like they were intentionally fishing to try and get us to just give up or give in. She engaged in 2 emotes total during our fight with Blarien, and then called moderation attempting to avoid crp once we turned on her. We waited nearly an hour for moderation to resolve the issue, a majority of that time was spent with her arguing with moderation that because we missed a response to her emote, that she should be allowed to leave crp or pull in locked individuals outside of the CRP lock for 2 hours into a "new" crp scenario. She was fishing for a ruling in her favor by trying to claim simultaneously that they were NOT involved in the crp since we ignored an earlier emote, and that crp had ended once we killed Blarien and that this was a "new" crp scenario. When mods resolved this situation and told her to resume crp from the moment she froze it trying to avoid it, she immediately began to powergame. In between every single emote, and in between every ooc response, she took over 10+ minutes. This cannot be attributed to "slow typing" because when she was arguing with maltamoss she was taking less than 5 minutes, yet every single response, ooc or irp, to us were intentionally spaced out. She powergamed three times, completely dodging attacks from two people in front and behind her, requiring us to argue with her that her actions were physically impossible. Mind you that this took roughly 2 hours to resolve 2 of these emotes because she was taking nearly 20 minutes between ooc responses. Eventually, Tasty had charged up a Kani emote which would have made it impossible to run, and some random third party started a countdown timer to which she immediately bolted at. She had to be teleported back, and after she was, mods stuck around and watched as she took an absurd amount of time to just refuse to continue and d20. While this alone is infuriating, after hearing from players observing the situation (look in omni for wowj, Tasty, and HeroOfDuLoc to see) that she has done this MULTIPLE TIMES to MULTIPLE PEOPLE, this seems to be an issue with this player intentionally stalling and arguing to try and get her way. For 5 emotes total, 3 of which took place over nearly 3 and 1/2 hours, that is ridiculous. There was only one instance of magic used at the very end of the fight, which she d20d to. The entire rest of the fight was mundane weapons used by orcs against an elf. I encourage any mod to omni. Halt was present at the end after the powergame once she had to be teleported, and Maltamoss was present at the beginning to rule. 

Edited by Lojo613

It was inappropriate for me to do a random timer, so for that I apologize. I did not know what was going on and was not involved in crp and I was messing around with people not involved in crp nearby, and i did not expect her to mech flee due to this. However, the 'amelioration' they were asking for was for me to use my pex to tp her back after her improper run, which falls under moderation and afaik would not be an appropriate usage of pex for an ST.

I feel like there needs to be some clarification. While I wasn't there in person I was watching a stream of the entire event. I will need to clarify a few points.

One: The "stalling" in reality was her trying to actually think her way through it. Trying to see her options. And also trying her best to basically emote it the best she could. There was a time I told her to "Hold it" When it came to the lore. Now that I will take fault for because let's be realistic here. Plenty of people would find loop holes and such when they go about magic. While I was looking up the lore we kind of bumped into a bit confusion. I was slightly confusing her cause I was confused about a lore piece I was reading on when it came to Kani. Which yes. Took time. But best study just in case there was any flaws with the magic that was being shown.

Two: The "Run" She did was actually a misunderstanding thinking that pvp was called cause she tried to run away. Rather the rules change or not our understanding of it was once that goes off and pvp started. Originally she emoted running away. I will admit. That was my fault as I took it as you guys doing pvp and told her she might need to do a mechanical run. That one is on me and I am truly sorry for missreading such. She also was trying to comeback but was not able to due to the fact that It was indeed hard for her to find a way back due to what was possibly Lurin's good defenses when it comes to raiding VIA water. So she did find it hard to find her way back.

Three: The moderation Request was not a way to bail out or anything. I suggested the modreq due to yes. It seemed like her emotes were ignored which does lead what seem to be powergaming. She did comment upon this concern. When she was emoting (Which she was having her character physically interation with one of them) They ignore both her emote and concern. DIdn't even emote ignoring her. Then proceed to pay attention towards her after the conclusion of the mod was made. Which to be honest. The way this seem from before and then literally made it seem like some ooc resentment was behind that. If not. Apologies.

If any of the mods or prosecutors want to contact me for more information. My discord is disklexia. And Again. Apologies for the huge misunderstanding.

19 hours ago, sam33497 said:

It was inappropriate for me to do a random timer, so for that I apologize. I did not know what was going on and was not involved in crp and I was messing around with people not involved in crp nearby, and i did not expect her to mech flee due to this. However, the 'amelioration' they were asking for was for me to use my pex to tp her back after her improper run, which falls under moderation and afaik would not be an appropriate usage of pex for an ST.

Okay, thank you for explaining. I see where you're coming from; thank you for apologizing I'll take you off the report. It wasn't that deep.