Responding to 'Resolution'

Lomiei

-+-+-+-+- 

The council of Aaun has recently released a missive labeled 

‘Of oaths and Resolutions’

I, Ferdinand Eryl, will respond to ink with ink.

I pray any reader sees sense, and not only the blind ramblings of high minded nobles who hold more respect for ancient names than decency and dignity.

-+-+-+-+- 

The betrayal of sworn oaths and vows made in good conscience is among the gravest sins a man may make against his fellow man. It is doubly the case when subject does so against liege, thinking themselves in the mould of a common mercenary, able to plunder and benefit from the mercy of one Crown while fielding offers from another. Bonds of vassalage are not to be opted in and out of, they are not to be reneged upon, they are not to be treated as lightly as the Houses Augusten and Leopold believe they may be.

Does a good vessel hold men, and take cargo from one port to another? If so, we need not take issue with the vessel.
Does a good teacher explain his principles, with examples and repetition? If so, we need not take issue with the teacher.
Does a pillar hold up the structure of a large building? If so, we need not take issue with the pillar.

If, however, a liege does not fairly accommodate the vassal. If harassment, accusation, stifling in the councils and governments, are present all at one time or another - with little to no assistance and no measures taken from the liege… then there seems to be issue with the Liege, and not the vassal. And if that vassal, without a properly functioning liege, sought to maintain the standard of life due to a Household of long merit and creditable skill, then none would blame them. For, if thinking them blameful under any circumstances, they must make up some reason to justify their love-lacking words and impious implications.

You will quickly think to respond me; ‘but you bad sir, you villain, you did indeed deserve those things, for you harbored vampires.’

I say, well, write, that you are correct in remembering that there were vampires which sadly held our name, and when it was known, they were treated no different in their executions and expulsions from polite society. To yet again though, keep this opinion of us on these grounds, lends more display to the opinion you would like to have of us, contrary to that which our actions should have inspired.

The contract of vassalage provides the foundation of the state, for it regulates the conduct between vassal and liege, enshrined by law and given the favour of our God. A vow made to an anointed monarch, a Prince of the Lord, cannot be dissolved save by His representative authority. There is no man above God, nor His appointed, and to act against the goodwill of one’s liege is to strike humanity in the face. What is the purpose of bonds and oaths if they may be reneged? The lost honour of breaking this oldest and most fundamental of contracts is not only a betrayal of state but a betrayal of the Lord. 

Unless you would deny human nature, and the natural courses of states, you will not shudder away from the idea that ancestors of my house, and the ancestors of yours, were different people than us. We, until the present time, were wholly content within aaun. But the Crown of that state, instead of investigating the into the causes of a Noble House being so ill-treated, they… well im not quite sure what they were doing. Nevertheless it helped little to the House which was among the longest-serving of the realm. And this contract you speak of, was not first broken by the vassal. Our ancestors may have solved our differences differently, perhaps they were wiser people than we. Wont ever know will we though, since some agent (i doubt of foreign origin) saw fit to burn our ancestor in her very House. 

Aaun has no need for such families and vassals that will debase themselves in such a disgraceful manner. It is a stain upon a house’s dignity to carelessly attempt to break their bonds of vassalage; it is folly for them to assume that they may do so without recourse. If they wish to play a mercenary’s game, then both ends of the contract they willingly entered will be upheld.

It seems as if the State of Aaun does not know what is to be desired by a state that wishes stability and excellence. It would not be hard to justify this case; since very few men of prudence would fail to uphold the noble respect of a vassal, and thereafter rebuke him for seeking refuge and peace. After still, targeting and seeking harm to a House who has done little ill to any man or woman alive. For arent our best merits those of diplomacy, and trade?
This is either an elaborate joke, or a show of what happens when men think more highly of titles than of honor and dignity.

We are all children under the eyes of the Almighty. Children make mistakes, their judgement clouded by innocent fallibility. And as the King is to the subject pater familias, so too must he safeguard them from their own worse judgements. Consequently, We invite the Count of Hohengarten, his family and ranks, to attend Us in one Saint’s Day. In Our presence, they shall prostrate themselves for their childish mistakes and reaffirm their oaths to Us. And as We are Merciful and Benevolent they shall, upon this act of allegiance, be returned to Our usual love. 

As before said, one should not mention piety while at the same time rejecting the principles of longsuffering and humility. You have lost the legitimate overlordship of our men and our talents.

But as We are Just, We are also Resolute. If the Count of Hohengarten, his family and ranks, not attend Us at Our Palace, then the following shall come into place immediately:

You are not just. Just look at your own words and hearts, if any more proof is needed, inform me and I can provide more.

The County of Hohengarten, and all lands and privileges attached, will be revoked from the House of Augusten and returned to the Crown;

I hope the additional titles bring you more security and respect than it earned for our House.

The Barony of Edendorf, and all lands and privileges attached, will be revoked from the House of Leopold and returned to the Crown;

I hope the yet more additional titles bring you more security and respect than it earned for our House.

A Royal Ban will be issued upon Konstantin of Augusten. He will be declared legally dead and his person and property may be injured without legal right of recourse.

Awfully canonist of you, a king, with armies, to call for against a single house. Have you read the 4 scrolls before?

Perhaps there is a portion of it, where a great and mighty emperor sent his forces against a singular family of learned nobles. Ill visit a library and see if any stories of the sort exist.

Could it be said that GOD is on the side of any who would show such in-ordinate fear?

We appeal to the Wisdom and Jurisdiction of the Waldenian Diet to, at their liberty, explore the unforgivable sin of vampirism within and without the House Augusten. Crimes against the Faith are crimes against humanity, We will not allow this malevolence to infect Our people.

Will you pretend that the House of von Augusten is well-accustomed to the practice of harboring vampires as well? Recent examples are sufficient for anecdotes, but patterns require much more significant proof and substantive justification.

If indeed our House was a lover of the vampiric plague, why has word and action only come against the members of our house in recent times? or, you know it to be untrue and yet still publish the idea to the minds of all… both display something of your intentions which I will have to meditate on in the near future.

We further appeal to Our allies abroad in the meantime, and in the case the foresaid persons do not attend Us, to not aid or consort with Our subjects, whatever their status or agenda. They are of Our Union, and shall remain, from cradle to grave.

Do you now presume to already be the emperors of all the heartlands? 

You do not decide the decisions of other sovereigns, nor of houses over which you have lost your legitimate liegehood. - That is a statement of fact. Humble yourself.

To add lastly;

I am not the head, nor am I in the council of the House von Augusten. But if my lack of title compels you to ignore the soundness of my reasoning, then I pray for your soul.

If my kinsmen or any fellow citizens come to different reasonings by different methods, they can condemn and denounce me as they may. I hold no state of prominence.

-+-+-+-+- 

Signed,

A man who can see sense

Ferdinand von Augusten

Emilio Varoche, the now Vice-Chancellor of Aaun, raises an eye upon the ramblings of Ferdinand von Augusten, a distaste entering his mouth at the waste of ink to letter such treasonous ideas and thoughts.

"You write much, of the injustice of the Crown and your house's supposed innocence. and yet you and your house does not- and clearly will not take action against its members to ensure that the evil present within it removed. You will not submit to house wide tests, you have burnt your properties within the capital to cover your tracks and now, the coup de grace of it all, you renounce your allegiance to Aaun, a treasonous and most illegal act and expect nothing of it? Are you deranged? Or simply plain stupid, truly I am unable to tell at this point. It is simply just one thing after another."

the Roach wrote, writing such words into a letter for this Ferdinand so that he may understand his foolishness and folly, adding a further addendum to such.

"The truth of the matter is this, you cannot fix rot, only burn it and replace it with stronger wood. Your house is such rot, and it shall burn as all vampyres deserve."

A young Balianite lad of some relation to the von Augustens would send a box of chocolates to his mother's kin; a condolences of sort for the house's recent hardships.

10 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Emilio Varoche, the now Vice-Chancellor of Aaun, raises an eye upon the ramblings of Ferdinand von Augusten, a distaste entering his mouth at the waste of ink to letter such treasonous ideas and thoughts.

"You write much, of the injustice of the Crown and your house's supposed innocence. and yet you and your house does not- and clearly will not take action against its members to ensure that the evil present within it removed. You will not submit to house wide tests, you have burnt your properties within the capital to cover your tracks and now, the coup de grace of it all, you renounce your allegiance to Aaun, a treasonous and most illegal act and expect nothing of it? Are you deranged? Or simply plain stupid, truly I am unable to tell at this point. It is simply just one thing after another."

the Roach wrote, writing such words into a letter for this Ferdinand so that he may understand his foolishness and folly, adding a further addendum to such.

"The truth of the matter is this, you cannot fix rot, only burn it and replace it with stronger wood. Your house is such rot, and it shall burn as all vampyres deserve."

Ferdinand sends back a short response: The words were upon a folded parchment which the reciever had already once laid eyes on before....
'image.thumb.png.b7a0919516a2b4313ad508a3a33835e6.png'

Additionally, a line of text accompanied;

I wonder how this 'truth' you speak of, which flouts reason and contradicts history, came to be revealed to you. See sense. Humble yourself.

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65471868&is=6534a368&hm=82faf9b1f8d643125862100d6e9ca61c36f1703b41d9e019dbe779acf6c3dbcb&