[Bardmancy Addition] Bestow Souvenir

UniBearse

RW1wgGAaPbKr8hAXmCn5QVrTCtgg3TdJutpp0MztG2Oigp5LCQCDVNIos_LWvqEMp0Q82nSrhGFi-xfpugK2hdUFJk1aCcLVV24_0lCbaik4Lxwey0UQN0Tkd6dycwbKoqdtlOwVGQs7S2w9aaKqPzs

bU6icihqplHq91yX7fVfD80oQVBHNd0eBnluu9Ll_NtfxBfIfmzJVRdUzCv61C6jfXCcqhTx_0gj3A5ke_0vuQ6puZlNbxyRiTMm51YKgXhCduxzV3PGitasQPjGEnXIK5SfvJowlOng9Fxalfa4fto

Custom-made Entwinement!

-- o O --- O o --

• ~ Bestow Souvenir ~ •

(Non-Combat)

[4 Emotes: 1 Connection + 1 Cast + 1 Channeling + 1 Completion]

Bestow Souvenir is a practical spell that allows Bardmancers to help others imbue their own instrument with a trait listed in Bardmancy’s Instrument Entwinement section.

Much like the creation of Living Dolls, the recipient must be present upon the spell being cast. Immediate family and descendents of the recipient do not have to be present, but the inclusion of them must be deliberately incorporated via spoken instruction to the Souvenir or included in the focused mind of the Bardmancer casting the spell. The Mana Seal used for this spell may either take the form of the Bardmancer’s seal design or one that is personal to the recipient.

These Souvenirs act as a diluted form of Instrument Entwinement. They cannot be repaired using Sharpen Tools and do not allow the recipient to cast Instrumancy spells, unless the recipient stops being lazy and learns how to be a Bardmancer. 

Souvenirs follow Instrument Entwinement abilities, traits, and redlines, as well as requiring a ST signature to ensure that there’s no knockoffs running around. The recipient of the Souvenir is able to take advantage of abilities and traits without having to be a Bardmancer.

The Spell Bestow Souvenir is automatically learned at T3, but only after a Bardmancer learns both “Instrument Entwinement” and “Shared Arts”, as this is a development based on those two Spells. To ensure that these items are precious and special, a Bardmancer may only make one per IRL week; Souvenirs are meant for your besties, not for the shop!

Redlines:

Due to being allowed to exist without the presence of a Bardmancer, Souvenirs are not allowed to be used by any Bardmancer, including the creator, to cast Instrumancy spells. They do not count towards the Entwined Instrument cap.

Souvenirs follow Instrument Entwinement abilities, traits, and redlines.

Souvenirs can only be bound to a person that is present when the Souvenir is made. They may also be bound to the immediate family of that person (parents, siblings, children, children’s children, children’s children’s children, etc.).

As with Entwined Instruments, murder with Souvenirs is not allowed. You can, however, always hurt someone by tossing a flute at them. We’re not stopping you there.

Souvenirs can only be made once per IRL week.

Souvenirs must have a ST signature.

Fun is, as always, strictly mandatory.

Example Emotes:

Spoiler

(Connection) The Valmyr sat with his friend over a picnic blanket, gazing upwards towards the sky as he muttered “Do you want to touch the stars?” without looking at the person beside him. As the cold air swept by, he reached his hand to hold the pencil that his friend was using to write something over his journal. Softly and slowly as breathing made the dark elf relax and soon, the flow of what seemed to be a golden color surrounded his and the friend’s hands.

(Casting) [!] Valmyr’s eyes looked up to his friend’s, a warm flow of mana would soon seep into the pencil they both held, the imagery of what seemed to be a half-crescent and half-sun slowly formed at the end of the pencil, creating what seemed to be a representation of the duo.

(Channeling) Now Valmyr softly spoke “Look, the stars are within your hands now,” as he embedded the image of the starry night onto the wooden pencil, the golden mana creating small dots all over as the dark elf let out a soft sigh. 

(Completion) Letting go of the pencil, his friend took a look and there he saw faint glowing dots all over the pencil that seemed to resemble the night sky that made him gasp in adoration. The man’s eyes would start writing onto a piece of paper with excitement, as the movement of the pencil came, the sparkling of stars began to start with each of his strokes.

--==--

Purpose

((ooc))

I've met a few numbers of other players who wanted to get some effects that came from bardmancy spells but didn't exactly want to commit to the magic so I thought it would be nice to create a sort of way for them to still enjoy it for their characters but also give a reason for those bard players to make a lot of cool and unique items. 

Credits and Thanks

Initial concept, writing, and art by Unibearse. (tg says to go buy some!) 

Leonie edited, proofread, and wrote stuff and 100% approves.

Tgrt also helped with all that stuff. They also think this is great!

Changelog:

(01/10/2024)

♫ Fixed emote counts, added the part where you actually ‘seal’ onto the object.

♫ Added a redline that says you need to have ST approval.
♫  Added a redline that states you can only enchant once per IRL week

This is, indeed, great! Some extra flare that the base lore surely needs, and a fantastic way to introduce new players and non-bardmacers to some of the cool stuff the magic offers!

Uni did a superb job writing, checking in with us, and sprinkling in some great art on top of it all to make this such a fun addition!

Is there anything to dispute here? +1

One day I WILL get a bardomancer blacklisted for not having fun.

+1

Give me, I need something to play music, don't know what.
Maybe I just want some music while relaxing somewhere.

Wait, can I get an pen that writes on it's own?

Or is that related to some other bardmancy spell?

2 hours ago, Xein000 said:

+1

Give me, I need something to play music, don't know what.
Maybe I just want some music while relaxing somewhere.

Wait, can I get an pen that writes on it's own?

Or is that related to some other bardmancy spell?

This is a spell that would essentially give aesthetic effects on any artistic tool you have as long you have a bardmancer help cast it OwO, to have a pen or instrument to play on its own then you would have to learn Bardmancy entirely! 

4 hours ago, ClassyDryad said:

One day I WILL get a bardomancer blacklisted for not having fun.

get back here and let's do your lessons!

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.