VOIDFIRE and MALFLAME and BONESMOKE; Hohkmat, 1955

ToodIes

Spoiler

If you're on mobile, try turning your phone landscape to see the tables.

Big thank you to the Naz community for working with us to make this narrative!

CHAMBER OF FIRE INCIDENT REPORT

Filed 3 of The Amber Cold 1955 by Faeryel Artenin

QRT0YaeJbReATp2A4izvVSOyObIAjlJSRPq-u3-a

File Number: COF153

Title of Incident: VOIDFIRE and MALFLAME and BONESMOKE

Date: 16 Sun’s Smile 1955 

Personnel Involved: Faeryel Artenin, Sarah Artenin, Melfani Mashan

Description of Incident: … 

GLORY TO THE BLACK PONTIFF, HAIL THE DARK STAR!” wheezed the skeletal-robed cardinal as he staggered into Hohkmat’s square. With him came his retinue; a pair of demons with twisted, feminine features, glowing violet and hissing with malice; armored Orcs, whitewashed, abandoners of Krug; and a sorceress in pink, who would later claim she was there to sell cookies. “HAIL THE ARCH PRINCES!” 

Several heavily-armed Hohkmati happened to be present. The Chamber of Fire’s soldier and mercenary and witch; an enigmatic Lady-Magister and her paladinic paramour; two knights of the Petrine Laurel, resplendent; Slith; a man yelling in a strange tongue and wielding eastern weapons; a child with a fire-wand; various bystanders. 

MAY HIS ROT TAKE THE WEAK - EMBRACE ME - MY LORD!” The cardinal erupted into a mass of black miasma, spreading viciously, bringing with it boils and sickness and decaying flesh. He would be found dead, once the smog was banished, a smile on his emaciated features. 

The armored orcs went to the right, clashing with the Thricebloods. A searing sphere of violet malflame soared through the black cloud, scattering knights with its explosion. One of the demons, a bleached, veiled, sharp-clawed monstrosity, produced a whip of evilfire; she turned around. 

While an ally had appeared– a singular, annoying imp— new enemies for the Ibleesians had amassed. Mali magi and knights, tall and pale and fair of hair, had arrived at the Hohkmati gates. “Karin’ayla,” one of them said.

The gates slammed shut. The garishly-garbed sorceress fled in one direction; the crow-like demoness in another. The cultists trapped within were brought down by boomsteel and blades and conjured earth. The womanish whip-wielding fiend was incinerated by an overzealous bastard. The hungry mist, expanding and clinging and malevolent, was rent by flames of orange and blue. 

Hohkmat emerged victorious, though peppered with pockets of bonesmoke and struck with malflame scars. Once again, the agents of the Betrayer were routed; their defeat celebrated with weary smiles and injured cheers.

…the use of black alchemy indicates that necromancers number among our enemies, in addition to demons. This author speculates that it may have been the work of Gashadokuro or his affiliates, as we know that the H████████e Coven are associated with a larger group.

While the identities of some of the arriving elves were known– Lady-Magister Silveira, Nepir, ████-- others were not. It has been suggested that they were passing Celia’norians. 

That being said; one must wonder when the demons will tire of being outmanned and outgunned. Or, perhaps, these seemingly feeble attempts are meant to obfuscate some insidious plan…

A garishly pink Sorceress heaves out a black and tarry cough into her sheets while reading "Oh my GOD! That's me! Woooo! Mother I'm on the paper- Oh... Nalt- Oh... Freya I'm on the pap- Oh..." she wasn't sitting next to anyone to brag to.

Idris stands atop the wall, his new cloak hiding him against the stone as he stands eerily still "well that was awful, I didnt expect scary monsters on my adventure" he mutters to himslef as he watches the mages in the aftermath, looking to the place where a ball of evil flames had nearly cooked him. After a few more moments he turns and jumps down the wall, using the loose stones to make it to the ground, setting off into the world once more

Arakawa jabbed at the missive, waving it eagerly in the face of his pet chicken, which immediately resulted in the fowl punching a hole in the parchment with it's beak. "I am in the news! I'm famous!"