永遠のネズミの巣 - Eternal Rat's Nest

Crunchiest_Leaf

永遠のネズミの巣 - Eternal Rat's Nest

kiku_pray.jpeg?ex=659af784&is=65888284&h

Drifting, a soft melody sang out through the under-earth; a flute in the sakura-gakure sewers. The song drew a picture upon the heart, of two nameless musin - entangled in a dance beneath a radiant moon, their edges swaying through a gentle rain of blossoms. Soon however, as the the night grew on - the music would fade, along with the dimming candles dotted carefully about Kikurage's family shrine. The soft whistle of musin slumber would overtake the peaceful rememberance, as the lone shinobi took to the realm of dreams. Though the gentle grip of sleep would not hold kiku for long. One eye would open. Followed thereafter, albeit reluctantly, by the other.

Dokuuuuu.....Doooookuuuuuu.....

A dull thrum would lift dust from the floor; Loose Debris agitated by the very sound, fleeing towards the door. 

...Dokuuuuu.....Doooookkkk.....

Kikurage remained still; frozen in place by the very heartbeat of the sewers. Though not of fear, of the unknown or otherwise. Kiku remained still out of respect. Respect for what - or rather who had been stirring the fabric of the underground at such an hour.

"Doku-Dokuどくどく" Kikurage would answer - staring out into the darkness, past the small musin sized threshold of the shrine. A darkness thick enough to dull a sword - thick even enough to be groomed with a brush.

Doku-Doku-eye.jpeg?ex=659af784&is=658882

A great red eye would open upon the other side of the sill, a piercing hue gifting a glow upon all in its gaze. rippling and writhing around the border - the darkness jostled as the familiar rumble came once again. candles sent dancing across the shrine floor, with the once resting ornaments hung above stirred into a clammouring song. The great Rat-Kami had arrived.

Perched now upon his knees, kikurage watched on in repectful silence - his own crimson eyes reflecting the ominous glow within the illuminated shrine. Thereafter the voice came. "....Kikurage...." the voice came, the loose debris now fleeing back towards kikurage as it jumped and tumbled at the behest of the voice. "...Slimy, slippery, stealers..." came next, words full of spite - laced with green mists, hovering about the doorway. "ancient adversaries cling to the roots... wretched wonk userpers... "

Kikurage's fists clenched; knowing full well of the wonks in question. Wallowing deep under norland, an enclave of wonks had made their home.

"you have brought much honour to your resting parents, to your village and all Nezumiネズミ. I have taken notice".  Kikurage's head bowed to the words. "Arirato Doku-Doku-sama..."; though before he could finish, another rumbling came, drowning out kiku's meager voice in comparisson. "You will bring me the feet of every wonk, so that they might know who's sacred nest they tread... You will bring me their hands, so they might reconsider picking up their crude blades against Nezumi ever again... and you will bring me their eyes, so they may never again glance upon the beauty of my realm; built in my care. A nest for Ten Thousand Nezumi, ruled forever in my name".

doku-doku-tunnel.jpeg?ex=659af784&is=658

Kikurage threw forwards, placing his blade upon the floor before himself and before the great-rat-kami. "Kiku do this. Make Rattu home be free of ancient wonk enemy, bring Doku-Doku GREAT HONOUR! bring all rattu GREAT HONOUR and bring hims parents GREAT HONOUR".

With this, a final rythm would come. A great rumbling as the great eye flicked fowards - leaving down through the winding sewer passages. Dokuuuuuuu.....Dokuuuuuuuuu...
Kikurage would once again be left in darkness, the distant thrumming dying down as Doku-Doku made his way; the dust finding itself scatted peacefully across the floor once again.

kiku-vs-wonkjpeg.jpeg?ex=659af784&is=658

Spoiler

tl;dr -
Kikurage's mildly pschizo encounter with the rat-kami Doku-Doku after Takemura gave him a siliti trophy. Doku-Doku has tasked kiku with ridding the sewers of Wonks.