The Cap’ns Logbook

MayRndz

Spoiler

I would like to give a huge thank you to @Qizufor the eventline and helping bring my pirate crew back together! We have lacked sailing roleplay for awhile there ;-;. Youve done a really great job with the systems, balancing the roleplay, and adding in a equal amount of a story itself and not just some beast battle. We really appreciate such.

The Cap’ns Logbook

[!] Before you was a beautifully crafted journal, bound in leather that had been stained a dark brown, loose flakes gold lining the edges. In large bold letters ‘Quicksilver Mirage’ across its surface.

OiTkGYK.jpeg

As you flip the page a picture of the ship itself was drawn in charcoal, smudged across the paper, a depiction of the storm in the background.

1st of The First Seed Year 162 of the Second Age

tCXaIXf.jpeg

Gather round and listen close to the tale of our encounter with the mysterious denizens of the deep! 'Twas a day like any other upon the boundless expanse of the ocean, the salty breeze caressing our sails as we cut through the waves, seeking adventure wherever it may lie.

We braved the storm, our heads held high as waves and thundering wind whipped us about back and forth across the open ocean. We held steadfast, keeping our heads held high. As the sun began its descent into the horizon, casting hues of gold and crimson across the sky, a peculiar sight caught our eye. Emerging from the depths were creatures unlike any we'd ever laid eyes upon – fishfolk, they were, with shimmering scales and webbed appendages that propelled them effortlessly through the water.

They greeted us in kind, their voices carrying through the salty air as they welcomed us into their midst. To an arena where they wished to strike a deal - a battle if you will, a test of our own strength and a show for their very own to witness.

A sea serpent, they spoke of – a colossal beast of scales and fury that had terrorized for generations untold. With hearts ablaze with the fires of courage and righteousness (totally not hell) blazing into battle! A clash of steel and scale, of bravery and beastliness. With every strike of our blades and roar of defiance, we pressed onwards, refusing to yield to the darkness of doom and destruction.

Together, as one, we stood triumphant amidst the wreckage of battle, our victory echoing across the vast expanse of the sea. We gained the favor of these fish people, they helped us repair  raising the mast up before we set sail to head home.

9th of Malins Welcome Year 165 of the Second Age

hGEpdcX.jpeg

I recount the harrowing tale of our clash with a cunning mage beneath the depths! 'Twas a day like any other upon the vast expanse of the ocean, the salty spray kissing our faces as we sailed onward in search of fortune and glory. Our ship was brought under the depths of the water and brought into the maw of a creature who carried us unharmed through the storm and once again to the arena. A tempest of magical energy erupted from the depths below, sending shockwaves through the very fabric of reality. With a deafening roar, the sea itself seemed to part, revealing a dark and ominous abyss beneath.

A foe that the Shull themselves had told they were imprisoned due to terroism wrecked across their cities.plunging headfirst into the unknown depths below. The water embraced me like a long-lost lover, its icy embrace sending shivers down my spine as I descended into the unknown.

Her eyes alight with the fires of madness and ambition. With a wave of his hand, he conjured forth creatures of shadow and flame, each one eager to tear us limb from limb and wrap our brains into the darkness. Capable of stunning and attacking whilst we were unable to see- unable to move. 

With a blade overhead one of our crew members dove down, boomsteel in hand, a loud thunderclap ringing through the water and slamming down into the mages skull, causing a crackle as it began to rip through and erupt with energy. We swam up to the surface and boarded once again to claim our spoils of war. 

11th of The First Seed Year 167 of the Second Age

pYciCj8.jpeg

With sails unfurled and cannons primed, we set forth upon the open seas, our hearts ablaze with the fires of adventure and anticipation.  

The shull speaks of Legends of the titan whale – a creature of immense size and power said to roam the darkest depths of the ocean, its very presence striking fear into the hearts of sailors far and wide. A crew set aboard his back a ship built upon it. Battle hardy warriors of the depths.

But we were not ones to cower in the face of danger, and the call of treasure and conquest is our guiding light. And so, with swords sharpened and resolve steeled, we sailed ever onwards towards our destiny. Our demise. . .

A behemoth of titanic proportions, its immense form towering over the waves like a mountain forged of flesh and bone. 'Twas a sight to behold, one that filled us with equal parts awe and dread. like a storm unleashed we sent cannonballs fourth - almost every single one of them missing. . . my damn crew!

Their members launching themselves off their titan leader and climbing aboard where they faced us hand to hand. Many of their members were killed and fleeing - alas we found it was just a distraction so that the whale could ready itself to ram into our ship. I tried to spin the wheel but it was too late, ramming into us we began to sink - surfacing to launch its men in one final battle. We refused to abandon and held our ground as she began to sink below the waves slowly and slowly. However - our refusal to give up earned a title of honor and renown as great warriors.

For we had faced the titan whale and lived to tell the tale, and in doing so, we had carved our names into the annals of history as legends of the high seas. Until the next adventure beckons, fair winds and following seas!