The Second Jadogar Accord

The Second Jadogar Accord

Issued at Year 165 of the Second Age

sZzEqEqssC2fmkmfQlJMDQAEGRTDne2hrquNrXw5kuKDxZXkw37PjkjkOOpZBcjfnSY9kUrrG8V0FL41SMN8H6a4eOK8JJt896kPYbQxtdCN3kNs_TsBY9PTFRU1tm4GVPKk6NTBFSHBFYb4vqy4hj0

gh8cwo2AkRvYIlmXMPh3ELELGXQtWdN9aUScEq7uRwl_h-Lx0i80qOidS5LNpnvGqR716Nr1tUjQDLbcsIp5o_dAk98VYRH-dxAeMqi0aUY2HntK8o6V3BMFk7UaBbdtnZwCU9DEKEwc4vdhLI-w27I

CONTENTS:

ARTICLE I: Recognition

ARTICLE II: Established Embassy Positions

ARTICLE III: Tutelage and Foreign Exchange

ARTICLE IV: Research Agreement

ARTICLE V: Non-Aggression

ARTICLE VI: Cooperation & Safe Harbor Agreement

ARTICLE VII: Extradition

ARTICLE VIII: Duration & Termination

dc6ZVQ__fSMxwPkwp4Fxg9ANae3kxJTpxDBr1J67eorKahWzxCsFZgWL0d28qXjw1HqhcbmnQ_rddCeMn1v4-v99IuljcGXp5ZQmCqQqs7HnEdhY27x2i-CFi9VLb1Bxbwsvpz0tOuI1ggMFGaVBAWI

ARTICLE I: Recognition

I. The Most Serene State of Lurin and The City-States of Hohkmat hereby recognize the dire need of unity among mages in the constant threats of darkspawn, agents of Iblees, and voidal monstrosities and their allies, including but not limited to ‘Rogue’ and ‘Apostate’ Magi.

II. Lurinites and Hohkmati shall recognize the right of their respective leaders to govern the realms that have been afforded to them. As well as, each party agrees to hold refuge for the other should the need arise.

III. Hohkmat will work with Lurin and use its sway with the other mage nations to ensure that both Lurin and Hohkmat’s magical interests are both protected and aided by the other.

dc6ZVQ__fSMxwPkwp4Fxg9ANae3kxJTpxDBr1J67eorKahWzxCsFZgWL0d28qXjw1HqhcbmnQ_rddCeMn1v4-v99IuljcGXp5ZQmCqQqs7HnEdhY27x2i-CFi9VLb1Bxbwsvpz0tOuI1ggMFGaVBAWI

ARTICLE II: Established Embassy Positions

I. To maintain continued and excellent relations between the Sorcerers of Hohkmat and the Most Serene State of  Lurin, both nations will receive a stall, free of tax, within each other's respective cities.

II. Each nation shall be afforded to appoint an Ambassador, and to be provided a space for an Embassy (Hakad Language: Enclave). These individuals shall have diplomatic immunity in legal affairs in each others nations.

II. Embassy positions will be held in perpetuity by the Secretary to the Minister of Exterior of Lurin or their designated regent to the position, alongside an Enclave Head designated by the Vizier of Wind. In the event there is no Secretary or Enclave Head to represent the interests of Lurin and Hohkmat, the Ministry of Exterior and the Vizier of Wind will temporarily take hold of this position. In the event there is no Ministry of Exterior or Vizier of Wind, an agreed representative chosen by the Grand Magister and Silver Lubba the will be given authority to represent both in matters of diplomacy.

III. These positions will be tasked with resolving matters of dispute, sharing knowledge between the two entities, mediating tutelage, and ensuring the continued legacy of knowledge both magical and mundane.

ARTICLE III: Tutelage and Foreign Exchange

I. Lurin and Hohkmat agree to the exchange of magical goods and knowledge related to the arcane and the void. Lurin shall make a concerted effort to aid Hohkmat in the expansion of magic related to trade, culture, and studies of the arcane. In return, Hohkmat shall organize large scale exchanges between all other allied mage nations including Lurin. 

II. Hohkmat is an entire nation of magi, as such magi are the lifeblood of their population. Lurin shall seek to encourage aspiring magi of at least 18 years to visit Hohkmat on a regular basis. 

III. To build upon the knowledge of Lurin, and allow the Sorcerers of Hohkmat further access to magics, alchemy, and other sources of rare knowledge, the establishment of training across borders will be enacted to better fortify the two entities in their knowledge. 

IV. Those willing to train, teach, and share direct knowledge with each entity will be allowed diplomatic passes and free access to the opposing entity for the purpose of finding and teaching those with potential.

ARTICLE IV: Research Agreement

I. As studies into the arcane and unknown continue, both parties will share these findings so long as this agreement is in place. This includes, but is not limited to, Voidal Theory, History, Alchemy, Deific Concerns, Voidal Anomalies, and more.

II. Matters consisting of sensitive information, such as those concerning Darkspawn, Dark Magics, or otherwise tenuous and dangerous knowledge hazards will be studied under approved members in joint operations - guided by the trusted position set out prior. 

III. Given the request, each party will offer copies of books in their own library when possible - fairly receiving them in a timely fashion.

IV. Under the condition of rare or secretive tomes wishing to be shared, a quid pro quo shall occur where both parties will offer some of their own secretive knowledge for a piece of the others in accordance with this document.

ARTICLE V: Non-Aggression

I. Each State shall agree to inflict no harm on civilians from the other nation, or impede their free travel within Aevos. 

ARTICLE VI: Cooperation & Safe Harbor Agreement

I. Lurin agrees to aid in Hohkmat’s fight against Rogue & Apostate Magi  - offering their full cooperation against any such agents - rallying their support to fight in the territory of Hohkmat when called against these threats. In return Hakad forces are available within the territory of  Lurin to combat the same. In the event that the aggressor against either state is a nation or territory, and that same nation or territory is mutually agreed to currently being led by a Rogue Magi or allies to the same - this clause remains in effect. This does not obligate either State to otherwise participate in each other's conflicts unrelated to this clause.

II. Lurin and Hohkmat shall share intelligence related to Rogue Magi and Voidal anomalies between each other.

III. Magi of Lurin and Hohkmat may receive protection within Hohkmat or Lurin from any threat to their persons and claim ‘safe harborage’ within the walls of either State - provided they do not otherwise violate the rules of this pact.

IV. Lurin shall construct a relay that conjoins with one in Hohkmat to enable instantaneous magical communication between their leaders.

ARTICLE VII: Extradition

I. Lurinite criminals convicted within Hohkmat will be prosecuted in a Hohkmat court of law, with an observer fromLurin. This functions the same in the case of a Hohkmat criminal committing a crime within Lurin, they’ll be trialed in the Lurinite Court and overseen by Hohkmat officials. In cases of dual-citizenship, the nation in which the crime is committed shall hold the trial.

II. These individuals may still be detained for the purpose of safety, and deadly force used to defend citizens or property.

III. The outcome of such judgments shall be respected by Lurin and Hohkmat and no party shall seek to pursue further action against said individuals related to these accusations unless new crimes are committed.  The signatories agree to respect the other’s nation law and not interfere in the judicial procedures of the other.

IV. Judgments made against citizens by foreign courts, not party to this agreement, shall have no bearing on this arrangement.

V. Nobles of the Mageocracy in Hohkmat who are members of the Chamber of Lord Magisters shall never be tried within the Most Serene State. The Courts of Hohkmat shall try them and return to the wronged party with a suitable verdict. This works the same for the Upper-Government of the Most Serene State, they shall never be tried within the City-States of Hohkmat, instead returned to their home-nation where they will be prosecuted as that court seems fit.

ARTICLE VIII: Duration & Termination

I. This pact shall remain in effect unless otherwise canceled by either the Silver Lubba or the Grand Magister.

II. This pact may be terminated by both parties without penalty. If this pact is otherwise terminated without mutual agreement, the canceling party agrees to pay a penalty of 1,000 minas to the other party. 

III. For the continued integrity and simplicity of this agreement, all matters that can be resolved without the alteration of this treaty at any date past the signing of this document may be expanded, altered, or annulled both in scope and context, word by word, action by action, given the agreement of both parties and with the appropriate use of the rights provided within this document. 

uE2zWhChLKKdtdV24kNYUv_MVWA6Ua5Tf_4KytbiuEInkT9zkf6i7kL43dTJY-y9_ETXUPBCL3cjmCy4cPau8Nw-2Hh_nRhaoaazneAqMEvfQcOAacku-HVTq-jwoaTEXUjpv55jdr5uDz4YVTFOBMg

GRAND-MAGISTER, Sorcerer-King, Hierophant of the Mysteries,

Master of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat

iYdUvh2RTtYosZSw89BQ4euCAuCH-BxYUxDfWp9fw2Y-IMtc_6zizdtAXBvwKmQ7HQBRkuFVHpDfvYsdyxBnD4Bj4Dpampl_ITJXHumc4EluwSJBpFMr50YtnO-JygLbmk7UCWfi512n6n9-J1KtkGI
GRAND-APPRENTICE, Vizier of Fire, Heir to the City-State of Hohkmat

The Silver Lubba, Lumia Uialben

7_t7yhd8LlwcVRMKwC8Ca-sMZJ_IoME3Mo4oBKUAAGbnEXM-axMv8ZEygcV7BofBPOCCKxK7YY-V725o8nfWdPlImdz6AMJAguQHAzahwwB4nwj-RgYNvIQyk99RDMiRLuz3qqY8p5bRzb07py3f7Y4

Hand of the Lubba and Prime Minister of Lurin. Baron of Aevum, Edvard Kervallen

QtZXCxk2LuvE4UEtLJShJXM0AGz_0ADAl8Ua06HToxU3FmhRPqwzsAaUCvE3dp9X_rpAEgtErY4WOsgx-XCrBmDVdL7KGGJiHbbikr7DGDGAerc_4rMUsAltSWoU23wAQhJY_l2-xS0KI1tXW1Fy-s0

HbkQEIWHBfh_eTpqz-o-F99_LlcMW5KsdTrF0_Ylse1ekDGluyjRD0KPzF5YJVoTp54PpXIYkRePnbeiU0QXHiX_7Jy3pzgiu6oB_aCoB0F274cc5GkKggeGVjqUZV0gCqO3Ec0yAC8ernNwMqZGZF8

"Truly, this is a day." Sarah Artenin says, breathing a sigh of relief now that an amenable pact between the two had been reached. She would rest easier at night.

Then she reads the signatures, and has to do a double-take. Needless to say she bursts into a fit of laughter, which causes her to almost fall out of her seat! Her stomach would definitely ache later on.