[9.0] Combat Rules Patch Notes

Spoopy_Duck

15 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

since when is it metagaming to just observe something happening in front of me? if I'm using my actual eyeballs to observe a fight and its participants, that's not metagaming, that's just other people interacting with you. this rule does nothing but enable infantilization in trying to fulfill a non-existent issue. I'd even argue that being able to observe a fight you can't interact with counter balances the combat timer. you can reap the benefits of CRP lock, but the consequence is that there are witnesses. that's just how the game is played

Precisely this

In a similar vein to past discussions, its the equivalent of babying certain player actions instead of just letting it all RP out. Same with CRP lock, if you walk into a large city and shank someone, don't be whining and crying about the 50 man rally that's jumping you for doing some so incredulously, mind numbingly stupid.

Its like instead of promoting clever player action and RP you set up false barriers to people please.

58 minutes ago, Sarven said:

Precisely this

In a similar vein to past discussions, its the equivalent of babying certain player actions instead of just letting it all RP out. Same with CRP lock, if you walk into a large city and shank someone, don't be whining and crying about the 50 man rally that's jumping you for doing some so incredulously, mind numbingly stupid.

Its like instead of promoting clever player action and RP you set up false barriers to people please.

The combat lock rule only applying outside of cities would be a great addition or for it to be 30-60 minutes of time inside cities. It fucks up the stories in cities a little bit.

Well on other hand, it's easy to accept that an interaction is what 1-2 mins max IRL so it would be normal to lock it at the same time since, someone getting robbed in a dark city corner, doesn't bring out 15 other people right away.

There's a middleground we can find I would say.