Chaos at the Carnival

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔬𝔰 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩

Untitled.png.e6a5820df2e2c16f4e199f24262572c4.png

Date: 12th of Malin's Welcome, 1970

To the flock of Canondom,

It is with a heavy heart that I must report a tragic incident that occurred during the arrival of the carnival in Whitespire, Aaun. Amidst the festivities, chaos broke out when a rope snapped, leading to a performing artist falling from a great height. Investigation revealed that a hooded figure, identified as a "Follower of Chaos," was responsible for this dreadful act.

Despite our efforts to reason with the individual, he persisted in spreading blasphemous rhetoric, claiming that our faith in GOD was false. He refused to remove his hood, citing religious reasons, and even attempted to strike me with a dagger when we insisted. However, divine intervention spared me, and he was quickly apprehended.

Upon further interrogation, the cultist revealed ominous warnings about a "great beast" that threatens our existence. Despite our best efforts to extract more information, he resorted to self-mutilation by biting off his own tongue, rendering him incapable of speaking.

In light of his irredeemable actions and the imminent danger he posed, John of Aaun decreed that the cultist was of no further use to us. Thus, he was swiftly brought to justice, and his remains were consigned to the purifying flames of a pyre, ensuring that he could no longer spread his vile influence.

Let this be a stern warning to all those who harbor heathen thoughts and seek to sow seeds of doubt among the faithful. Know that the arm of GOD's justice shall reach even the darkest corners of heresy, and those who defy the sanctity of canon shall fat the righteous fury of GOD.

Yours faithfully,

Holy Ser Gerard, Grandmaster of the Holy Order of Saint Jude

Untitled.png.953753cc1a83ea0f2e9804918e07854e.png

1057241454_Untitled_Artwork-1copy.png.6f0a51e067ff2f29baa8db5e182b2fff.png

Caius I reads over the report, pleased with Gerard's diligent work. While talking to Cardinal Frantzisko of Albarosa, the topic of the Grandmaster comes up, and Caius lets out a loud, jovial laugh.

"I don't doubt that this man has his place reserved him in the Skies. What an exemplary knight, that Gerard! Anyways. . what has come of the next Bull?"

The FOLLOWERS OF CHAOS were something HEDWIG had not heard of with some time; not since her uncle's near-death. Yet, the letter she read - what had occured upon her early absence from the circus - had struck her deep. Her fingers wrapped around the missive and gripped the parchment tight. "This must be put to an end." She declared with grit, "I will not live in fear of The Beast and its dreaded ways." Despite her weary heart, the Lechian girl mustered to send her own letter, though this one a matter of private concern.