[!] A sealed envelope, containing a neatly folded handwritten letter, is delivered to the House Valkonen. It is addressed only to Dame Rosalind Valkonen.

Dame Rosalind Valkonen,

Read my words well.

As a mother, I understand the instinct to protect one's children. However, I never thought it appropriate to involve oneself in the trivial disputes of the young. Is it truly necessary to intervene in children's affairs?

My child has shared her perspective on recent events, and I assure you, she is not dishonest. It's regrettable that she wasn't entirely hospitable to your daughter, but it's an important lesson that not everyone will be friendly. This is a reality I've taught my daughter, and perhaps it could be a valuable lesson for yours as well. The Haeseni people are generally known to not be so thin-skinned and weak, is this not so? My daughter has faced her share of insults and threats, yet I chose not to retaliate against those children. Even in the instance of a group of Haeseni children threatening to cut out her tongue for a careless remark she made, and apologized for. Instead, she has learned to mend those relationships on her own.

I have instructed my daughter in the importance of kindness, respect, and the necessity of apologies when she errs. She has faced the repercussions of her actions but will not apologize for misdeeds she did not commit.

I am indifferent to your title or any other; we are all Haeseni. Despite being a commoner, as you've pointed out, my contributions to our kingdom are significant and warrant respect for my family and me. Remember, it is the commoners' hard work that sustains our kingdom.

Your offer of mercy is not something I seek. As her mother, I, alongside her guardians, bear the responsibility of disciplining her. Should Petra find herself in trouble, please inform me, Lady Marian Weiss, Lady Ophelia Weiss, Firress Makaela Mondblume, or Forgemaster Rakhnar Uristson. Any attempt to punish my daughter on your part will be met with a much worse fate for yourself. This is not a threat but a promise.

I once regarded you as a friend, but your recent actions have breached a trust I cannot easily forget. It is the adults who attempt to harm a child that truly act barbarously. I hope you will reflect on this as you move forward.

Warmest regards,

Firress Esmeray Luceran

qSn3nEirFh3d-xYPdVIhAMRkXpQGFdgYCfqsgV030Ytdn2ZjSyXwO0XO7yKhTrK21xJX8zgHrcs1uZQVJh1ddte3GPUHvGjSuxJIsgOsJqvIPM9IzJ-IpuYaqjcExBLTDqMORYo7J9A3BwdnGTbUOTA

Spoiler

Motherhood be crazy fr 💀 I love you @CyyanTea !!!!!

"My lady..." Uttered a timid voice, as the door to the Baroness' chambers clicked open. "A letter has arrived."

"Ich should imagine it has." Came another voice, light-hearted in its approach. The Dame rose from her seat at her vanity and sought to pluck the letter from the hand's of her household servants. "Spasiba, Agafa." She mused, piercing the seal with a worn dagger so that she might pore over its contents. At the letter's conclusion, a subtle untamed laughter escaped the Baroness.

"Shall I fetch an ink pot..?" Agafa piped up, already halfway out the door.

"Nie, nie..." Rosalind spoke, quelling the laughter that had escaped her lungs as she did so. "Ich shall remain true to my words and let the matter lie, Ich ceased my quarrel with those of lesser judgement at the battle of Winburgh... Now, where are ae littles doves?" A smile blessed her expression as she rose, casting the letter to side before seeking the company of her children.