BLESSED ARE THE CHALLENGERS

wlTGRiaP12HRnPBjvdE_FGj51DmDo4_W6fw45jGKIoG_4mXMml3iwyaSkEzmOD2qLxXk7Dp7qn9CzYG5X9nIgI4jF4FyTjCjLx_ZMSMTtWBSX5eeOjYb1elnjXPnlE48BWurxHIyeUfcOBI8Pgc0Q-0

X5d1qjC.png

The new flame called, and we did not answer. 
For we slept, and Embers dwindled.

A new spark offered to shape the inferno in our wake, but was quenched in its infancy.

The Four Ways are nothing without those to Herald them.
Irrespective of path, the mantle of each Herald is a charge, not a throne.
The route of Fire is no different.

With the sole exclusions of the maleficar and anathema described by Ember Law, it is the right of any practitioner or product of the mortal arts loyal to the Way of Fire to challenge for the mantle left dormant. 
With words or violence, through personal will or a singed champion, a Herald must remind their flock of their right to steer the grand sermon.
A challenge met with silence is a challenge won.

This is how we survive.

For a follower of Oaks to intervene is heresy.
For a follower of Dark to intervene is heresy.
For a follower of Strife to intervene is heresy.
For a Rh’thorean to meddle is heresy.

For you to have stood in the way of succession, Shorewalker, who hath forsaken all paths to the Land of Xion in favour of your own impotent faith, is a cardinal sin. A mockery of our ways.

This was an affair for the faith you have forsaken, not the politicking of the Synod we both belong to, and as a result the great jihad has dwindled beneath an absent clergy.

News of your meddling in our name has reached us, Barrowlord Atzudeth, and we are sickened by it. You have tarnished not only ourselves but the good name of Embers. You have spat in the face of tradition for the final time. Consider this admonishment carefully: tread where you do not belong again and you shall be undone by my own wroth.

I call now upon Kallig of the Xi’thari, the Smothered Spark, and declare the outcome of your challenge shambolic.

If your claim still stands, I would right this wrong and honour it personally in glorious combat.

If you have since moved beyond the pursuits of the clergy, then I shall see to it you are remembered as the Herald that was denied their ascension; lamented with the proper reverence in the songs of our tradition.

We keenly await your answer.

Barrowlord Azazel,

Custodian of the Pale Flame,

Interim Herald of Embers

@Dymase

@Valannor