[World Lore] - Gildite

7 hours ago, Johann said:

idk abt putting better Xannic fervor in a metal and giving it armor-ignoring THIRD DEGREE BURNS in exchange for lesser durability (that no one rly rps)...

just devalues existing holy magics and outright outclasses it given its abilities and accessibility

but that's just my opinion

It should be noted, however- that to even activate the third-degree burn ability (which only inflicts the pain of it and does not physically burn the target, it only burns the wielder physically), it needs to cut into the body of an aurum-weak creature normally. In other words, if someone was already wearing armor this would be extremely hard to trigger, especially given the very physically weak nature of it, being a copper-strength metal. It's more focused on actually being used strategically than something like xannic fervour, which can be placed upon stronger materials and doesn't need an activation gimmick to wield effectively.

13 hours ago, RaiderBlue said:

Honestly, we have way too many bloated do everything materials at the moment that I really don't think this has a real purpose aside from just making another type of sword people will be swinging around. I think the lightstone idea could be interesting, cause it would actually incentivize the safe keeping of whats meant to be important deific crystals. But I really don't think holy orders will form around this material and it will be more akin to "Insert Node farmer making sword, hits dark mage really good with new sword he made." 

This metal is not a "Do everything" metal similarly to carbarum, boomsteel, argentum, etc- rather, it is focused around a certain system. Lightstones were avoided mainly due to the fact that this should not be something that can be node-farmed, and rather dispensed through events. The core reason about this is centric around it being gained via events and not just random nodes. And yes- I fully agree that I don't believe holy orders will form around this metal, rather it permits for people to explore more 'holy warrior'-adjacent archetypes of storytelling, from a lone ronin that wanders the world slaying those of the dark or a berserker-viking who cleaves into undead in violent rages; things which are more unique than the more streamlined paladinism and templarism MAs.

i love min-max