((The Shad'Rin Application and Information Post))

deathmetus

To join our guild you must be as neutral as possible, that does not mean you do not care at all for anything, it only means you have no ties you cannot break for the sake of Aegis. We are the lone wolves banding together for the sake of Aegis.

You also must be skilled in a way of combat. We will have builders, and politicians, and gatherers, and other jobs but we all must be ready to take arms to defend our home and Aegis, wherever we are needed.

You must also realize that we have loyalty only to Aegis and its people. Do not think we are loyal to a specific king or leader, for if they should prove harmful to the good of Aegis we must put a stop to it. We are the silent guardians, we watch over all for the sake of Aegis not for the sake of any individual life.

Remember this if you wish to join....

((Application:

MC User Name:

In Game Name:

Character Bio (as detailed as possible):

Character Flaws:

Good Deeds:

Evil Deeds:

Why do you wish to join (remember we are neutral to ascended and undead):

Your Specialty:

Your Combat Focus (skill focus and write your style):

Are you neutral or do you lean one side or the other? Explain why and if you can be willing to the opposite?

What is your reasoning for joining? What is your reasoning behind you actions?

What is your reaction?

The city is being taken over. The city is full of innocent people and still you have many fighters alive, however you are losing the city and they have begun to burn parts of it to take out your defenses. The leader of the enemy force has come to say that he searches for a child, a specific, presumably innocent child, and if you are to give him the child he will spare the city. This child happens to be your brother and last remaining family member. You know he will kill your brother. Do you give up your brother to save the city or condemn it to more fighting just to save your brother?

An underwater tunnel is being constructed despite an almost certain loss of several lives [actually, all but certain]. Presumably the expected loss is a calculated cost that society is prepared to pay for having the tunnel. At a critical moment when a fitting must be lowered into place, a workman is trapped in a section of the partly laid tunnel. If it is lowered, it will surely crush the trapped workman to death. Yet, if it is not and a time consuming rescue of the workman is attempted, the tunnel will have to be abandoned and the whole project begun anew. Two workmen have already died in the project as a result of anticipated and unavoidable conditions in the building of the tunnel. What should be done?

A fat man leading a group of people out of a cave on a coast is stuck in the mouth of that cave. In a short time high tide will be upon them, and unless he is unstuck, they will all be drowned except the fat man, whose head is out of the cave. But, fortunately, or unfortunately, someone has with him a stick of dynamite. There seems no way to get the fat man loose without using [that] dynamite which will inevitably kill him; but if they do not use it everyone will drown. What should they do?

You will also need to join our website so that you can receive restricted information from the leaders of the Shad'Rin. Here is the link http://shadrin.webs.com/. If you wish to join, you should do so as soon as possible as we have some major events for us coming up :) ))

((You should have an application coming your way from me shortly.

Once I find the time to write it.))

((Awesome can't wait to see your app :). On another note all of those seeking to join you will need a villain or anti-hero application to move up to the highest ranks as we need the ability to pursue our goals by any means necessary. Thanks :) ))

((Awesome can't wait to see your app :). On another note all of those seeking to join you will need a villain or anti-hero application to move up to the highest ranks as we need the ability to pursue our goals by any means necessary. Thanks :) ))

NYAAAAHHHH

That'll set me back a while, I haven't developed Ashur to that point yet. I'll apply anyway - I'll get an anti-hero application in soon but it isn't the best time for my character yet. Maybe one or two more roleplay incidents to push him over the edge...

So basicly if I wanted to join, I would have to be evil? I have herd of the villin app but not the anti-hero app, what is it? Oh, and how high of a rank can i go without having a villian app? Because I realy dont want to condem my character to such a fate as to be a liar and a theif.

So basicly if I wanted to join, I would have to be evil? I have herd of the villin app but not the anti-hero app, what is it? Oh, and how high of a rank can i go without having a villian app? Because I realy dont want to condem my character to such a fate as to be a liar and a theif.

We are not Evil or thieves, although deseption is sometimes required to complete missions.

I was told anti-hero apps were in the works, and those will be required to become a counsel member or high counsel member

We protect aegis so are not evil but sometimes have to do things that are not seen as "heroic" or "good"

Please post any other questions you might have and deathmetus or I would be happy to answer them.

While this will be required for advanced members. There is lots you can do in the Shad'Rin without a villain app so please don't let this keep you from joining.

I saw that there was an "Alchemist" position. What that be? I am a doctor and that sounds like something I would do, potions and what not. When you say "Advanced" what do you mean? What rank and up? As a side note, has the dragon born guild exepted your drangon rider thing? I hope you know what I'm talking about. I did know that you were a neutral guild by the way.

*chuckles* Thing...

The alchemy position is not yet set as potions and 1.9 has not been released. So until then its just an idea.

Advanced as in council members for now and possibly the adept in the future.

Also, no, the dragon born rejected my proposal. It is a shame as it would have made for great RP and the unification of guilds having similar goals.. Now they face controversy and the possiblity of not being accepted as a guild due to having lore that doesn't fit.

The alchemy position is not yet set as potions and 1.9 has not been released. So until then its just an idea.

Advanced as in council members for now and possibly the adept in the future.

Also, no, the dragon born rejected my proposal. It is a shame as it would have made for great RP and the unification of guilds having similar goals.. Now they face controversy and the possiblity of not being accepted as a guild due to having lore that doesn't fit.

Hmm. Thats a shame that they would reject it. In 1.9 could you keep me inmind about the alchemist? Oh, and is there any doctor sort of positions? If not I would still join. I'm just inquring because it would fit me more.

Currently no dr positions but depending on your RP the position could always be created along with lore. We did have a dr with an infermary at one point but he went inactive.

Tell me more of your ideas for a dr.

Here's my application, contained in a spoiler to save space.

MC User Name:

Cosmik

In Game Name:

Ashur Kenbough

Born under the leaves of Laurelin, Ashur was the child of a warrior father and scholar mother. He lived a life in comfort, learning the art of the written word from his mother and the art of the bow from his father. After his parents were killed by Undead Priests (Yeah, I know, stereotypical orphan sob story - sue me) he moved in with his uncle and continued to practice the art of war, hoping to join the Wardens and fight the Undead like his father before him. It was here that his uncle endeavored to show him how to use a blade, but Ashur never truly caught on.

When he was of age, he joined the Wardens as an Initiate and was thrust right into conflict. He struck down zombies in the square of Al'Khazar, he shot down Ghasts floating through Laurelin, and he delt with wandering hordes of Skeletons in the north. In his downtime, he discovered a small inn outside of Malinor named the Treetop Inn. Run by a young elf named Lirinya, the inn's goal was to provide free shelter and food for those who had none. Ashur supported the inn by hunting and bringing back his spoils - even though there was no way for him to be paid. When he wasn't fighting the Undead, he was either hunting or spending time at the inn. He wondered why he never really saw any Warden superiors anywhere in these fights, and he wondered when he would be promoted from Initiate...

As time went by, the young Wood Elf ran into another group of people - the Imperial Coalition. They built a keep not far from the Treetop Inn and proclaimed to protect the area. But Ashur saw a different side of them. They demanded taxes from the people, killed those who they deemed worthy of killing and threatened those who opposed them. Outraged, Ashur spread word about them in an attempt to raise the attention of the Wardens...which he did. But the Warden Highborn laughed in his face, told him that he was just a simple Initiate and didn't understand the ways of war. The Highborn took Ashur with him to interview the Imperials, and the man present at the keep explained that the old leader had been exiled and the Coalition had changed for the better.

Ashur was ridiculed again and the Wardens did nothing to deal with the threat. Even though he and others witnessed more acts of cruelty after this supposed reform, the Wardens did nothing. They assumed that because of his rank, Ashur knew nothing of battle. Looking back, he can only surmise that the reason they viewed him that way was because none of the Warden superiors ever WENT into battle. Ashamed of the foolery that the Warden leaders possessed, Ashur left the Wardens and never looked back.

During this period of his life, Ashur moved from guild to guild, trying to find somewhere to fit in but never truly found a place. He still fought the Undead frequently, and got involved in a few sieges on a keep known as Wrath's Clutch. It was here that Ashur discovered a peculiar object....a red leather glove. Something felt off about it, and he kept it. It would be weeks before he discovered it's true potential.

As he moved from place to place, from battle to battle, Ashur began to question his motives. Everywhere he went he was ignored, his actions unnoticed and his heroics unrecognized. This was a complete contrast to what he thought a hero was. After all, his father fought in many battles and was widely praised. Was he not destined to be a hero? Why should he fight for a people that spit on his accomplishments when he could easily fend for himself instead?

As the weeks went by, Ashur stumbled across a strange power. The glove he looted from Wrath's Clutch was somehow magical. If he focused hard enough, he could produce a small flame while wearing the glove. Fascinated, Ashur practiced with the glove. Though, in recent times, he has found it difficult to create fire with the glove. His interest in magic grew, and he experimented with it frequently, even though he could only produce a small lick of flame.

But even though the mysterious power of fire interested him, Ashur spiraled into a state of depression. The questioning of his heroics grew and grew, and with each passing battle, that buzz he felt when fighting for the good of Aegis dimmed until it was simply no more. He could not justify fighting these monsters anymore - they always come back, anyway. He ended up becoming addicted to smoking, and finds nothing wrong with the habit. In his opinion it's a better alternative to drinking because he gets the euphoria and not the lapse of judgement or the hangovers.

As his life slowly grinded to a halt, his small circle of friends shrunk drastically. Many were killed in some form or another, and others simply moved on to other places. Ashur had no one to call "friend" or speak to about his troubles. Eventually, his thoughts returned to the glove and a novel idea struck him - why not learn magic?

After searching for a while, he found a man who called himself the MakeShift Mage. He agreed to take on Ashur as an apprentice, and Ashur is still slowly learning the arts of magic under his tutoring.

But despite his studies under the watchful eye of his teacher, Ashur realized that no one lives for long without some sort of connections. The Wardens were pretty much oblivious to his existance at this point, and he wondered what to do with his life other than study spells.

Then he heard of the Shad'Rin.

Character Flaws:

Ashur is a chain smoker. Also, he has a jaded perspective on life, death and fighting - he simply doesn't care. If a woman were to be jumped by bandits in front of him, he would either move on or watch to see if somebody else tries to save her.

Good Deeds:

Ashur has fought the Undead armies on several occasions. He raided Wrath's Clutch twice (the second time being when it was brought down). He saved the life of Pok the Orc by carrying him all the way from Kal'Urguan to Al'Khazar on his back, despite severe injuries with both of them. He also saved the life of Torok on two different occasions, both involving single-handedly taking on two opponents. After the first occasion, he performed a last-ditch medical maneuver to save Torok by setting the wound on fire, thus burning it shut. Also, he spent many weeks supporting the Treetop Inn of Malinor by hunting food for them even though they had no resources to pay him with.

Evil Deeds:

Ashur has witnessed multiple muggings and attacks in which he merely watched them be killed or robbed. Also, he has occasionally assisted those on the run from the law by offering advice and sometimes weapons.

Mainly to survive. Ashur knows no one, and feels that if he doesn't use his talents to find a new purpose he will end up dead in a ditch by the side of a road somewhere with no one to remember him. He also sees something of a kindred spirit in what the Shad'Rin stand for: fighting for balance, disregarding the opinions of those in power of government or magic. He feels that his skillset could be useful in this sort of guild, and that there could still be a chance for him to make his name known.

Your Specialty:

Ashur is hardly noticed by other people. This being said, he hears many things and sees many things without others knowing. He is also hard to shake mentally and is skilled at reading people and their motives.

Though he carries a sword, Ashur does not like using a blade. Overall he prefers a bow but can also be handy with the curved dagger he carries. He prefers putting distance and cover between him and his opponents, striking them down as they pursue.

Are you neutral or do you lean one side or the other? Explain why and if you can be willing to the opposite?

Remnants of his former thought processes lurk in his mind still, and if given an even choice he would prefer light over darkness. But after seeing evil men do great things for Aegis and good men destroy lives through their foolish decisions, Ashur sees all parties with an eye of suspicion. Anybody is susceptible to change. But if an action is for the greater good he will take it without another thought despite of the repercussions.

Ashur feels that if he surrounds himself with like-minded warriors, he will learn more about what impact he can make in Aegis. He also wants to help keep those in power in check, which is something he could never do on his own.

What is your reaction?

The city is being taken over. The city is full of innocent people and still you have many fighters alive, however you are losing the city and they have begun to burn parts of it to take out your defenses. The leader of the enemy force has come to say that he searches for a child, a specific, presumably innocent child, and if you are to give him the child he will spare the city. This child happens to be your brother and last remaining family member. You know he will kill your brother. Do you give up your brother to save the city or condemn it to more fighting just to save your brother?

Ashur would give up his brother. Whether or not he is related is of little consequence, there are several lives and communities at stake. Besides, dying for others in this manner seems somewhat honorable to him. But to ensure that the man would keep his word, Ashur would take measures to ensure that the man follows his word.

An underwater tunnel is being constructed despite an almost certain loss of several lives [actually, all but certain]. Presumably the expected loss is a calculated cost that society is prepared to pay for having the tunnel. At a critical moment when a fitting must be lowered into place, a workman is trapped in a section of the partly laid tunnel. If it is lowered, it will surely crush the trapped workman to death. Yet, if it is not and a time consuming rescue of the workman is attempted, the tunnel will have to be abandoned and the whole project begun anew. Two workmen have already died in the project as a result of anticipated and unavoidable conditions in the building of the tunnel. What should be done?

There have already been lives lost over the project and society has not halted the progress of the tunnel - therefore, one more life shouldn't be a problem. Besides, the man is a simple workman. He can easily be replaced by another with a similar skillset.

A fat man leading a group of people out of a cave on a coast is stuck in the mouth of that cave. In a short time high tide will be upon them, and unless he is unstuck, they will all be drowned except the fat man, whose head is out of the cave. But, fortunately, or unfortunately, someone has with him a stick of dynamite. There seems no way to get the fat man loose without using [that] dynamite which will inevitably kill him; but if they do not use it everyone will drown. What should they do?

Well, first off, Ashur would be rather annoyed at the dwarf. Did you honestly think you could fit through that hole? Why not let someone slimmer go through first? But in the end, Ashur would opt for the greater good and blow the dwarf to smithereens. The lives of many are more important than the life of one fat dwarf.

Let me know what you think.

Currently no dr positions but depending on your RP the position could always be created along with lore. We did have a dr with an infermary at one point but he went inactive.

Tell me more of your ideas for a dr.

As for now a doctor would most likely be of no use, seeing that till 1.9, there would be no potions. Doctors would have to resort to giving out food for now. Assuming that potions will come out on 1.9, Doctors would probably make potions to help with battle and with health. On a little darker note, they would create poisons and use those in combat, as I believe you can make throw able potions. I don't know about the lore yet though.

Here's my application, contained in a spoiler to save space.

MC User Name:

Cosmik

In Game Name:

Ashur Kenboughi

Born under the leaves of Laurelin, Ashur was the child of a warrior father and scholar mother. He lived a life in comfort, learning the art of the written word from his mother and the art of the bow from his father. After his parents were killed by Undead Priests (Yeah, I know, stereotypical orphan sob story - sue me) he moved in with his uncle and continued to practice the art of war, hoping to join the Wardens and fight the Undead like his father before him. It was here that his uncle endeavored to show him how to use a blade, but Ashur never truly caught on.

When he was of age, he joined the Wardens as an Initiate and was thrust right into conflict. He struck down zombies in the square of Al'Khazar, he shot down Ghasts floating through Laurelin, and he delt with wandering hordes of Skeletons in the north. In his downtime, he discovered a small inn outside of Malinor named the Treetop Inn. Run by a young elf named Lirinya, the inn's goal was to provide free shelter and food for those who had none. Ashur supported the inn by hunting and bringing back his spoils - even though there was no way for him to be paid. When he wasn't fighting the Undead, he was either hunting or spending time at the inn. He wondered why he never really saw any Warden superiors anywhere in these fights, and he wondered when he would be promoted from Initiate...

As time went by, the young Wood Elf ran into another group of people - the Imperial Coalition. They built a keep not far from the Treetop Inn and proclaimed to protect the area. But Ashur saw a different side of them. They demanded taxes from the people, killed those who they deemed worthy of killing and threatened those who opposed them. Outraged, Ashur spread word about them in an attempt to raise the attention of the Wardens...which he did. But the Warden Highborn laughed in his face, told him that he was just a simple Initiate and didn't understand the ways of war. The Highborn took Ashur with him to interview the Imperials, and the man present at the keep explained that the old leader had been exiled and the Coalition had changed for the better.

Ashur was ridiculed again and the Wardens did nothing to deal with the threat. Even though he and others witnessed more acts of cruelty after this supposed reform, the Wardens did nothing. They assumed that because of his rank, Ashur knew nothing of battle. Looking back, he can only surmise that the reason they viewed him that way was because none of the Warden superiors ever WENT into battle. Ashamed of the foolery that the Warden leaders possessed, Ashur left the Wardens and never looked back.

During this period of his life, Ashur moved from guild to guild, trying to find somewhere to fit in but never truly found a place. He still fought the Undead frequently, and got involved in a few sieges on a keep known as Wrath's Clutch. It was here that Ashur discovered a peculiar object....a red leather glove. Something felt off about it, and he kept it. It would be weeks before he discovered it's true potential.

As he moved from place to place, from battle to battle, Ashur began to question his motives. Everywhere he went he was ignored, his actions unnoticed and his heroics unrecognized. This was a complete contrast to what he thought a hero was. After all, his father fought in many battles and was widely praised. Was he not destined to be a hero? Why should he fight for a people that spit on his accomplishments when he could easily fend for himself instead?

As the weeks went by, Ashur stumbled across a strange power. The glove he looted from Wrath's Clutch was somehow magical. If he focused hard enough, he could produce a small flame while wearing the glove. Fascinated, Ashur practiced with the glove. Though, in recent times, he has found it difficult to create fire with the glove. His interest in magic grew, and he experimented with it frequently, even though he could only produce a small lick of flame.

But even though the mysterious power of fire interested him, Ashur spiraled into a state of depression. The questioning of his heroics grew and grew, and with each passing battle, that buzz he felt when fighting for the good of Aegis dimmed until it was simply no more. He could not justify fighting these monsters anymore - they always come back, anyway. He ended up becoming addicted to smoking, and finds nothing wrong with the habit. In his opinion it's a better alternative to drinking because he gets the euphoria and not the lapse of judgement or the hangovers.

As his life slowly grinded to a halt, his small circle of friends shrunk drastically. Many were killed in some form or another, and others simply moved on to other places. Ashur had no one to call "friend" or speak to about his troubles. Eventually, his thoughts returned to the glove and a novel idea struck him - why not learn magic?

After searching for a while, he found a man who called himself the MakeShift Mage. He agreed to take on Ashur as an apprentice, and Ashur is still slowly learning the arts of magic under his tutoring.

But despite his studies under the watchful eye of his teacher, Ashur realized that no one lives for long without some sort of connections. The Wardens were pretty much oblivious to his existance at this point, and he wondered what to do with his life other than study spells.

Then he heard of the Shad'Rin.

Character Flaws:

Ashur is a chain smoker. Also, he has a jaded perspective on life, death and fighting - he simply doesn't care. If a woman were to be jumped by bandits in front of him, he would either move on or watch to see if somebody else tries to save her.

Good Deeds:

Ashur has fought the Undead armies on several occasions. He raided Wrath's Clutch twice (the second time being when it was brought down). He saved the life of Pok the Orc by carrying him all the way from Kal'Urguan to Al'Khazar on his back, despite severe injuries with both of them. He also saved the life of Torok on two different occasions, both involving single-handedly taking on two opponents. After the first occasion, he performed a last-ditch medical maneuver to save Torok by setting the wound on fire, thus burning it shut. Also, he spent many weeks supporting the Treetop Inn of Malinor by hunting food for them even though they had no resources to pay him with.

Evil Deeds:

Ashur has witnessed multiple muggings and attacks in which he merely watched them be killed or robbed. Also, he has occasionally assisted those on the run from the law by offering advice and sometimes weapons.

Mainly to survive. Ashur knows no one, and feels that if he doesn't use his talents to find a new purpose he will end up dead in a ditch by the side of a road somewhere with no one to remember him. He also sees something of a kindred spirit in what the Shad'Rin stand for: fighting for balance, disregarding the opinions of those in power of government or magic. He feels that his skillset could be useful in this sort of guild, and that there could still be a chance for him to make his name known.

Your Specialty:

Ashur is hardly noticed by other people. This being said, he hears many things and sees many things without others knowing. He is also hard to shake mentally and is skilled at reading people and their motives.

Though he carries a sword, Ashur does not like using a blade. Overall he prefers a bow but can also be handy with the curved dagger he carries. He prefers putting distance and cover between him and his opponents, striking them down as they pursue.

Remnants of his former thought processes lurk in his mind still, and if given an even choice he would prefer light over darkness. But after seeing evil men do great things for Aegis and good men destroy lives through their foolish decisions, Ashur sees all parties with an eye of suspicion. Anybody is susceptible to change. But if an action is for the greater good he will take it without another thought despite of the repercussions.

Ashur feels that if he surrounds himself with like-minded warriors, he will learn more about what impact he can make in Aegis. He also wants to help keep those in power in check, which is something he could never do on his own.

What is your reaction?

Ashur would give up his brother. Whether or not he is related is of little consequence, there are several lives and communities at stake. Besides, dying for others in this manner seems somewhat honorable to him. But to ensure that the man would keep his word, Ashur would take measures to ensure that the man follows his word.

There have already been lives lost over the project and society has not halted the progress of the tunnel - therefore, one more life shouldn't be a problem. Besides, the man is a simple workman. He can easily be replaced by another with a similar skillset.

Well, first off, Ashur would be rather annoyed at the dwarf. Did you honestly think you could fit through that hole? Why not let someone slimmer go through first? But in the end, Ashur would opt for the greater good and blow the dwarf to smithereens. The lives of many are more important than the life of one fat dwarf.

Let me know what you think.

Great app. Consider yourself accepted. I will add you to the website members list tonight.