Ait: Want To Be A Headmaster?

Elindor

Application for Teacher

[OOC] MC Name: Baronvo

[OOC] Age: 18

[OOC] Times on Server (convert to GMT): 23:00 - 3:00 (This is on average, weekends are usually a lot more)

Name: Everard Hightower

Fields of Study: Politics, political and moral philosophy, diplomacy, and theology.

Experience/s in these fields:

• High Priest of Oren
    I had the honor of being appointed the first High Priest of Oren by King Daniel I a great many years ago. As a young and aspiring Priest who wished to spread the faith I constructed the Al'Khazar Cathedral with nothing but religious fervor driving me. It was from here that I was shepherd to my flock of parishioners, leading them to live righteous and holy lives.
    I organized and officiated the coronation of King Edmund I. ((For full event click
    otherwise click the underlined text for short version)) I have also trained and abundant number of priests to spread the faith.
  • Lord High Chancellor of Oren
    I had long served Oren in the capacity of High Priest, a position that allowed me to advise the King(s) in all matters as well as deal with political issues that arose within the kingdom. My first position as an "official" politician however was when I reformed the Oren government to include a Privy Council as well as an entire restructuring of the social systems in the kingdom. DETAILS HERE In exchange for my extensive service to the Kingdom (and shrewd political maneuvers on my part) I was made Oren's first Lord High Chancellor, the historical equivalent of a Seneschal. In this position - as well as when I was High Priest - I was able to govern and represent Oren when the King was indisposed or resting (offline). I have brokered many deals with foreign nations as well as acted as an advisor to many of the nobility.
  • Arch-Mage of Mage's Guild (Ret.)
    In my later years I joined the Mage's Guild, a consortium of scholars and academics. I was eventually made one of the Arch-Mages along with Arch-Mage Lothiriel. As Arch-Mage I published the book, Magia Humanum, which details the more arcane properties of humanity as well as their magical potential.
    Unfortunately the guild went into decline (with the stalling yet again of the magic plugin) which caused many of our goals, such as holding lectures and raising new mages, to be put on hold. I retired a while after the rumours of my death and disappearance became abundant.
  • Banking and Business
    Excluding the church I learned a great deal about morality as a banker and real-estate connoisseur. Trading can bring out the worst in people and this was the perfect setting for me to compare economic systems and from that moral and ethical philosophy.

Experience/s as a teacher:

• I have acted as a teacher of sorts to three Kings of Oren (Dan, Perea, & Edmund), lending my expertise and advice to them when they required it.
  • As an Arch-Mage and a senior member of the Mage's Guild it was part of our duty to train and help the new members of the guild in their studies.
  • As High Priest I trained and taught theology to a few aspiring priests as well as taught the wonders of religion to the parishioners.

Referrals (not to explain how good at you are at RP or if you're nice but someone who can speak honestly about your strengths and weaknesses) Name [and MC Name]:

Raffus (iBoaz, Fluffy5)

Gabriel (Bourebro)

w/e name she goes by now (MarieC90)

Grayson (IlumTarus)

Atriana (LeftClick)

Kalen Forseth (unsure of mcname, I use SpoutCraft so I usually only see the RP name above their heads)

Cataris (Archmage_cataris)

Vardak (Vardak)

Bishop Sturdyfoot (chad_Stumph)

Banok (thatpyrodude)

Tyrion (iTechify)

King Syrio (mediocregamer)

King Daniel I (thedangerdan or dangerdan)

King Perea I (mrperea)

King Edmund I (TheRedNinja)

((^^ Oh wow, Everard gets stuff DONE. Very impressed.

Anyway, I figured a teaching position would help me some with my zealous quest in spreading the language among the population. It also would help me personally to get some more grip on the language. Currently, the complex sentence structures (namely with multiple verbs involved) are driving me insane. Very demotivating.

Also, it just sounds fun :). So if you find it fitting I'd love it if you could get me a classroom and some students.))

Application for Teacher

[OOC] MC Name: xzpepijnzx

[OOC] Age: 19

[OOC] Times on Server (convert to GMT): Depends on my schedule, but as a rule of thumb whenever I'm required from 5-12.

Name: Rivell

Field of Study: Ancient Elven

Experience/s in this field: I've studied the language of the Elves for many months, rebuilding it from the foundations laid by brilliant Aerin Lissar and with the help of many learned scholars with a taste for adventure.

Experience/s as a teacher: None, though I find myself drawn towards writing up books that are educational as well as entertaining.

Referee (not to explain how good at you are at RP or if you're nice but someone who can speak honestly about your strengths and weaknesses) Name [and MC Name]: I'm sort of hoping you know what I'm about by now.

This seams to be falling through...sad

Its not. We are waiting for students to apply for the courses. Need to leave them open long enough to get decent numbers. We should be starting teaching in just over a week.

Also, Rivell: you're in. If you weren't going to teach it, I was.

Haven't begun looking through these applications for staff yet as we haven't even begun teaching for this first year. But it will come.

Are there student applications yet?

And will students receive a degree upon completion?

Will this degree be recognized by major nations and guilds?

Are there student applications yet?

And will students receive a degree upon completion?

the application threads are down at the trade forums, it has been pretty active I must say.

I was planning to give out bachelor degrees on my students plus an outstanding award inform redstone work in that semester. My semesters go for a month and a half, because of the assignment due at the end of the semester.

Since I am currently taking care of the Alras Engineers Guild, I am acknowledging these degrees as a top notch priority to it, if you are to prove yourself worthless of redstone, you shall not get a degree at the end of the year.

That is up to the nations themselves, but if you are looking to hire someone as a diplomat and they have studied history... Same would go for guards who are looking for a promotion coming to their superiors having taken War Tactics. It just makes a bit of sense. Hopefully in future there can be occupations that will require a qualification, however that is at the discretion of employers.

As this is the first year, many aspects are just a trial. The experience will still be great for both students and teachers, however we can only build up from here. I would be looking at legitimising course completion with shiny bits of paper that have a name (not necessarily 'degree' but something more LotC-esque) when there is staff to handle things, not just myself and my three professors. This is why this application post for teachers and administrators is so important.

First classes of AIT: Redstone & Physics was successful!!

Things we learnt:

• Basic Properties of Redstone Dust
  • Basic Properties of Redstone Torch
  • Repeater versions
  • Inputs and Outputs theory
  • Theory of Power blocks
  • Craftbook basics
  • Piston Basics

It was a fun lesson with these 2 who came in, which were, Lord Elessar ((Rusty7x)) and Bryce ((bryce141)) whom have basic knowledge of redstone, which have now been enlightened! Continue to learn guys!

Next lesson's date will be posted here soon

Orientation Day today will be a bit of a mess as I have been called away to something that cannot be ignored ((called in for work)).

Please remain assured that AIT is open and running, despite the signs that I have not yet removed from the campus. I will be in later during the day ((GMT+11 3pm)) to answer all questions.

New positions are open!

If you wish to change what you are applying for, edit your application rather than posting again.

Application for Teacher

(OOC)MC Name:

CalmCrysis

(OOC)Age:

(OOC)Times on Server (convert to GMT):

10:00am - 11:30pm GMT

Name:

Destro Stronghammer

Field of Study:

Elven / Dwarven Architecture

Experience/s in this field:

My experience in Elven architecture originated in a land far away, called Ulthuan. I lived among te leves there in Tiranoc, learning their architecture and admiring the elegance and beauty of their structures. But then a great event occured, referred to as the Sundering. I fled Ulthuan in an attempt to save my life, to which I succeeded and arrived in Aegis. For my Dwarven styles, I have also built for many a great landlord or landlady in distant lands, though being a dwarf myself and living in a Dwarven city helped, and that is why I feel as though I am required to pass on that knowledge to the younglings. I am educated in both reading and writing, and unlike most dwarves, have been educated so far as to remove my instinctual Dwarven accents and mannerisms, therefore I dont speak "Like t'is" but as a civilized person would. I am also applying as I believe that I myself may learn something from my students as the younger blood usually procures more ideas and imagination!

Experience/s as a teacher:

I have not the experience of an established teacher, but I have taught many a student whom need learn the art of Architecture and the majestic look of the right colours. Therefore, I have not much experience in field of tuition, but I believe that it is never too late to start learning an art that, at its essence, is learning. I have also had experience in teaching when faced with a recruit in the Alrasian army. He was but a small child compared to the other veterans, and therefore, unaware to the dangers lurking in the depths of Alras. I tutored him in where to patrol, and how to arrest, and WHO to arrest, on accounts of suspicion. Therefore I have had minor teaching experiences, but none as large as a job in the AIT.

Referee:

MC Name: SnowmanE88

RP Name: Sergeant Aislin Danok

To whom it may concern,

My soldier, Destro Stronghammer, recently informed me that he is applying to teach at AIT. I am his Sergeant and commanding officer.

I would just like to support his decision to join the ranks of this fine institution, as well as implore you to allow him the opportunity to enlighten the young minds and hearts of Aegis.

As a guard, he's shown me dedication, strength and perseverance. When I was in a tight spot, I asked him for his assistance in a matter that he should not have officially aided me with, but his loyalty to his Sergeant impressed me.

He addresses me with respect, consistently displays an unwavering dedication to his brothers-in-arms and Alras. He is cool and level-headed in times that would not call for such behavior from the average person.

I accepted him into the ranks of my operation months ago, and feel it was a great decision. I recommend you do the same, for Destro Stronghammer is no average person.

Regards,

Sergeant Aislin Danok

Other Information:

I reside in Alras, so location will not be a problem. I also hope, for you Warhammer enthusiasts, you noticed my Warhammer twist to my tale...

For me it is the new year, so Happy New Year everyone, but also I will soon be looking to select key staff. If you want an awesome job in an educational institute for the new world, then put in an application because the roles NEED to be filled.

((One week left to find key staff to run the school. I don't want to see this disentegrate just because noone has the balls to take responsibility.))