The Wolf Pack

Raptorious

NOTE: YOU KNOW NOTHING OF OUR GROUP IC UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY DOES KNOW! THERE ARE ONLY A SELECT FEW WHO KNOW. DO NOT META US OR ACTION WILL BE TAKEN! WE WILL BE REVEALED WHEN I DECIDE TO!

wolfpa10.png

Who/What are we?

We are known as The Pack, we are a small and close brotherhood, made up of raiders, bandits, brigands and outcasts, led by our leader, The Dark Wolf. We are primarily a bandit/raiders clan. But we are prepared to complete tasks/missions ranging from thefts and muggings to assassinations and kidnappings. If you are looking to escape the law, we will take you in. If you are looking to live a life of thrills and adventures outside of the law, then we can provide.

What are we looking for?

Able bodied men and women, unrestrained by the law of anyone, be it king or country. We need people that are not afraid to get their hands dirty and are prepared to do what it takes to ensure a job is done. We need people that have a thrist for blood, war and violence. People that are unafraid of the consequences of their actions, those that focus on the task at hand. (VA required).

What do we offer in return?

We offer an interesting rp experience with other villains such as yourself. We have a very active team, who are constantly online and are always prepared to take on any job. We are a very close organisation, treating our members like family. We can supply resources of many kinds including housing and an immediate mission or task within the brotherhood.

Lore

The Ancient Wolves of Kharkov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Wolves of Kharkov, not much is known about this deadly group of raiders, thieves, assassins and mercenaries, because the ones who knew...are dead. The Wolves of Khakrov were founded by the sinister Dark Wolf. He is a leader, he is wise, he is cunning and he is deadly.

Some say the Wolves of Kharkov are actually evil spirits that have returned from the dead to terrify the land, others say that the wolves are just shadows in the night, hunting unsuspecting pray from the dark corners of the land.

One thing is for sure. If you see a member of the pack you better run the other way.

Some things about the Wolves still remain unclear as the books, tales, stories and clues have mostly eroded away into dust.

Lost to the currents of time.

The Wolves of Kharkov, terrified distant lands away from aegis. Killing, looting and striking fear into the hearts of the citizens. A General in one of the kingdoms guard forces had decided that it was time for them to strike back. They Launched multiple attacks on the den of the wolves...crushing their very existence...

All that remained of them

...was dust...

...and ash...

...and rumours...

They had just vanished as if they had fallen off the face of the world, disappearing into the void, never to be seen or heard from again...until now.

Rumours tell that the Ancient Wolves of Kharkov will return once more

Whispers in the shadows tell of a name unspoken for generations

These are just rumours and speculations as of now. I will need to continue my research and read more stories about these ancient warriors.

For now i need my rest.

- An excerpt from White's journal on The Ancient Wolves of Kharkov

Rise of the Dark Wolf Part 1 - A New Beginning

It all began the day i was saved by martin, i was cuffed, beaten, starving, everything was a blur some guards were taking me to a cell, where i would await execution at the gallows. I had other plans of course, and the last time i checked they did not involve me being executed.

We had travelled for at least 5 minutes from when i made my mind up.

I was going to escape...

Still not being able to see i had to resort to my hearing. I could hear a river off to my right, the sounds of birds in the canopy above, it was obvious i was in some sort of forest. Now was the most opportune time for me to escape. I had to plan it perfectly, i would dive into the river and let the current take me down stream where i would run off.

One of the guards had finally broken silence he bellowed out his orders for the men to take a break, we were 5 days from the city and i was in no condition to fight my way out of it. But now was the opportune time. As the guards sat down i knew that they would not be able to get up quick enough to catch me. The iron armour they were in limited mobility.

The guard knelt down next to me to tie my to the tree. I leaped to the side knocking him over. The guards were starting to get up, it was still not enough for them as i had already dived into the river and was being carried down stream. The guards were running after me, i could hear the thudding sounds of their boots hitting the solid ground and the occasional sound of impact as a guard stepped into mud and tripped over.

So far so good...

As i flowed down stream the currents picked up in speed, i was being tossed around like a ball being thrown by kids. I could hear the thunderous sound of water falling and crashing against rocks. To my nightmare i realised i had forgotten about the fact there could be waterfalls in the area. And i had found one despite my luck so far.

Every second was a race against time, i was being tossed against the rocks and the river floor, then all of a sudden my whole body jerked as the cuffs i wore caught a fallen tree branch. I knew i had to act quickly or face the waterfall that was mere metres before me. This branch could snap at any second, so i pulled my body close and clasped my legs around it. Using the chain of the cuffs and my legs i began to shift across the tree branch slowly, in horror i heard the sound of wood creaking then all of a sudden a sickening snap sent my falling downwards. To my relief however i hit the ground and not the river next to me. I was on solid ground, i had made it. Against all costs i had evaded the guards and escaped being executed.

or so i thought...

Just as i was about to get up a sudden pressure was applied to my chest, and i was struggling to breath as it had knocked the wind out of me. I tried to get up but this pressure was holding me down. Then it hit me, not a thought but the thought of what the pressure was...but the hilt of a blade. When i woke up everything was blurry still, i was sore all over though this was no doubt from the lacerations and bruises all over my body. I heard all the guards laughing and cheering around a campfire, i tried to move but could not.The guards had tied me securely to a tree trunk. Looks like i was not going anywhere anytime soon. I was about to rest when out of nowhere the guards start bellowing orders to each other and shouting in chaotic confusion. As i looked around the campsite, all i could make out was figures running around pointing to the trees, men on the ground dead with multiple arrows sticking out of them, everything a chaotic mess.

Then in the trees was a shadow leaping from tree to tree, the entire scene played out before me in slow motion, a shadow was in the air silently falling into the midst of the group, the guards entirely unaware of its presence, as it fell it pulled back the string on what looked like a bow, it sent three objects flying into three of the guards. The shadow then landed gracefully in the middle of the group before sending a dagger flying to his right guard then pulling a sword out and charging to the left guard. Before the guards had even noticed the intruder in the midst of them, 4 guards were dead and another engaged in a futile attempt to slay the intruder. The guards stood still watching as the intruder stood looking at the trees the campfire only lighting up part of his face.

The captain fell over onto the ground, his eyes staring lifelessly at the night sky, the intruder turned to face the others as they fled in horror. As they were running one tripped over a string which snapped and activated a trap, a huge tree trunk was sent flying out of the canopy and came sailing down crushing 2 guards against a tree. The remaining two stood back to back looking around in total fear. A man was hanging from the branches above them, the guards totally unaware of the man above them were saying there last prayers. The hooded man silently unsheathed 2 daggers and lowered himself upside down above them. In one swift movement he had stabbed both guards in the neck before letting them fall to the ground in lifeless heaps.

Still in shock i was still staring mindlessly at the whole situation. The shadow moved closer to me not making any sounds. In one swift movement he unsheathed his blade and cut the roped binding me to the tree. The next time i woke up i was by a river out in some grass plain. The man that had saved my life from the gallows was cooking up dinner. He walked over to me with a bowl of soup in his hands. I could see clearly now, though the lacerations and bruises still hurt. He introduced himself to me as Adeon and after a short conversation another man appeared from the treeline behind me. he sat down introducing himself as martin. They were two travellers who were skilled swordsmen, Adeon was a deadly assassin and his skills would prove useful in the future, Martin was a skilled swordsmen and persuasive man. I did not know it at the time but these two would prove to be good allies.

- The prologue from the Dark Wolf’s Journal ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rise of the Dark Wolf Part 2 - In the Shadows...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks after meeting Martin and Adeon i had finally made it back to civilization, i decided that i should probably head back to my camp,no doubt the men will of wondered where i had vanished to. Bu first i had to go pay a visit to an old freind of mine.

A Familiar place..

As i neared the orphanage i took in the surroundings and inhaled the fresh air. The landscape was beautiful, and the walkway to the orphanage was not short of stunning either. A cobblestone path lead to the orphanage, winding its way through the forest and over a river before arriving at the doorstep. Great trees stood tall on either sides of the pathway and played host to wonderful birds that chirped in a beautiful symphony that filled the air, and on the ground bright red roses poked there heads out of shrubs lying scattered on the ground, the occasional animal scurried from bush to bush. And as you walk along the path nearing the old wooden building you can hear the sound of children laughing with one another as their imagination takes control.

A Familiar face..

As i opened the old wooden doors the sound of children grew louder, as i looked around the room children could be seen everywhere playing with their toys. Then i saw the face of an old lady as she hobbled over to greet me. I explained that i was here for a friend of mine name Ezra , as i said the name she smiled and called out for him in that soothing tone, she always had a way to brighten your day. After a short wait Ezra hurried down the stairs and looked up at me, his bright young face filled with enthusiasm. After handing the old lady some minas for her time, i took Ezra to my camp where the familiar face of one of my comrades greeted me. After questioning me for a short while we sat down and ate. Ezra had fallen asleep, so i carried him to my tent where he slept throughout the night.

Let the training begin..

Waking up after a long sleep i woke Ezra and told him of what this place was and who all these strange men where. They were ruthless bandits, swift thieves and silent assassins and this place was our home, our sanctuary from the law. Ezra understood everything i said with perfect clarity and he jumped up without hesitation and said with a bright fire in his soul. “ Can we go play?”. I got up handed him a wooden axe as this was the weapon his father train the boy in and then we set off to a practice dummy.

The First Victory..

We stood there watching amusingly as Ezra attacked the dummy with all his might landing blow after blow that would kill a man, his father had taught him well. Ezra backed away from the dummy and faced me saying in his childish voice “ Can i have real fight?”. I nodded at Ezra and caught the stick thrown to me by my comrade. We then prepared ourselves and got into the mindset needed. Ezra had a good chance at winning as i was badly wounded from the escape attempt. I Closed my eyes inhaled then opened them, to my confusion Ezra was not there anymore, he had used the time i gave him by closing my eyes to get the jump on me. I heard the bushes behind me shake as something leaped out of them, i was to slow to react i could not bring my stick up in time to block the attack.Ezra landed a blow to the side of my head, then ducked and hit me in the ribs, in confusion and pain i thrust my stick forward to the blur of movement in front of me. Ezra was to quick, he kicked the stick away then spun sending maximum force into his next attack knocking me out cold.

A Revelation..

As i woke up with a pounding headache, Ezra jumped from his chair and hugged me “I am sorry!” he sobbed, i patted him on the back and congratulated him telling him that he did good and that he should not be sorry. I told him to follow me as we had more training to do. After a few months of hunting and training it was clearly obvious now, what had been hidden before had now been revealed to us all. Ezra was efficient at killing, when we were hunting he could track an animal through the bush and learn everything about it. He could set up traps in the woods and wait in ambush for animals to come past. He could stalk men through the forest, hiding in the shadows before jumping out and attacking. He is a born assassin...

-An Excerpt from the Dark Wolf’s Journal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rise of the Dark Wolf Part 3 - The Chase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oren, a grand city, the last line of defence from the evils that lay in the north, as I walked through the streets of the market district I could hear the voices of many merchants, the sound of their voices echoing through the gloomy alley ways that crisscrossed between the houses and shops. It was night now, and with the darkness came a chilling coldness that descended upon the great city, an ever present howling was working its way through the alley ways and across the roofs as the ice cold air bellowed in from the northern wastelands. I particularly liked the cold nights, they were calming and the darkness could hide you well. As I walked through one of the alleys a piercing scream cut off my thoughts and I instinctively crouched down low and melted into the blackness pulling my cloak up around me.

Swift and silent…

I crouched there in the shadows for a few more moments waiting and watching, and as if right on queue two men donning iron armour dragged a man kicking and screaming out a back door to his house. The man wore purple robes and had a crazed look on his face, his hands were dripping with blood. The guards held him on his knees while one stood there his blade shimmering slightly by the torch on the wall while holding it to the man’s neck, looking upon the scene before me I took out my bow from behind my cape and notched an arrow in place. The guard lifted his sword and was about to swing when an arrow flew out of the darkness piercing his heart. He slid down the wall in a lifeless pile, the other guard had unsheathed his blade and was coming towards the shadows cautiously with his shield raised. As he drew nearer to the shadows I lunged forward leaning backwards to dodge the blade that sliced the air were I once stood. In response to this I unsheathed my own blade to parry another attack before quickly impaling the man through the chest. The sound of the warning bells now sounded and guards closed in on us.

The chase…

As I turned to where the man had been kneeling I was surprised to find the area vacant of his presence. Hearing the sound of guards thundering towards me I turned to flee but ended up with a dagger to my neck. In that brief moment I stared into the eyes of a ruthless killer. He whispered into my ear…

“Give me a good reason why I should not kill you right now”

I simply grinned and pressed the iron dagger held in my hand into his stomach only so he could feel its presence. I whispered back…

“Well to start off I saved your life, and secondly you need my help”

The man pulled the dagger away from my neck and sheathed it in his robe. He nodded and told me to lead on. The thunderous footfall of the guards was getting unbearable; they would be on top of us any moment now and we would not be able to get on to the roofs in time to escape. So sheathing my dagger and pulling my cloak up over my head and wrapping it around my body I became one with the shadows again, tossing a cloak to my new “Friend” I instructed him to do the same. As we started to make our way through some of the back alleys I felt a sudden loss of air in my lungs and was in free fall, before I knew what had happened I landed face first into the stone ground.

Neck deep in trouble…

I was starting to come around to my senses, the first thing I noticed was the smell lingering in the air, it was the most vile and putrid smell ever. As if cut off mid thought an arrow ricocheted of the wall next to my head. As my vision started to clear from the impact to the ground, I could see the man I had saved fire two arrows into the darkness. He grabbed me and said we had to leave now, so we got up and rounded the corner of this dark and vile place. As soon as we were out of sight I wrapped my cloak around me and knelt down next to the water, and to my utter disgust I found out we were in Oren’s sewer system. My plan whether my friend liked it or not, was to get in that sewerage and hide. I lowered myself into the sewerage and smeared my cloak with the filth, instructing him to do the same. He gave me a sour look but did what I said none the less.

The filth was up to our eyes and we could just see over it, the guards ran right past us and we waited a while longer before continuing. After what seemed like hours we came across steel bars, on the other side was our freedom. We swam under and out and then over to shore, despite what seemed like death to us we had made it out alive and I had made a new friend that would prove handy in the future. I gave him a map, compass, sword and a few rations and told him to go to my base which I had marked on the map. I then carried on my journey…

-An Excerpt from the Dark Wolfs Journal

more coming soon.

Lore Videos

Wolf Pack Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxCxcHWElM

Tombs of Winter's Peak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19YL79XWWo&feature=youtu.be

Ranks

The Dark Wolf

Leader of the Pack. His word is law and can do as he pleases throught Asulon. If/when the Dark Wolf passes away or moves on, his protege will take his place as the Dark Wolf, giving the impression of an immortal Dark Wolf.

The Apprentice

When the Dark Wolf decides that it is time to prepare for the end, he will take on an apprentice. The apprentice will be ruthless, skilled and above all; unknown. When/If the Dark Wolf Passes away or moves on then The Apprentice will take his place as The Dark Wolf except only he will know. To everyone else it will give the impression of an immortal Dark Wolf

Folkhagi

A member of guild that has mastered their trade. They're are considered to be a worthy voice and participate in meetings and planning of the next move of the Pack. Once this rank is achieved the person will recieve access to a certain Pack secret.

Hellir Skati

Leader of a den in a specific city/outpost. Will be in direct contact with the Dark Wolf for commands. The Den Leader will dish out contacts and patrols to the men.

Skati

(for marauder and corsair class only) will lead a group of raiders or thieves to their objective. They will be in charge of the group and tactics.

Erfaren

A member of the pack that has proved themselves to be a formidable force and has proved their loyalty time and time again.

Mestari

A worthy member of the pack that has proved their worth and loyalty.

Svend

A member that has shown some skill.

(Class Rank)

This Rank is named after you class. A member that is no longer in training and has been assigned their class.

Nyr

The initiate class. They are still in training and still must prove themselves to the Dark Wolf themselves in order to be ranked up.

Classes

Maudr

These are the main force of the pack and will be used during full on attacks and raids on villages/towns/fortresses. Will be sent in groups to raid and rob people on the roads as well. (Swords, axes and archery skills required. VA 1, 2a/2b)

Thjofr

Scout/thief style class. Will be sent to scout areas, to tail/spy on targets or to find new areas or scavenge. steal from chests and pickpocket to obtain the necessary items.(Must have VA 1)

Mordvig

Will be sent to kill lone targets for the pack or a client. (VA 2a/2b maybe even 4)

Myrkr

Will infiltrate guilds, councils and national systems. They will never reveal ther identity and will report back with information. They will have to risk themselves for the betterment of the pack (VA 4 required. VA 2a/2b preferable.DO NOT APPLY FOR INFILTRATOR ON THE POST. ONLY BY PM. OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET IMMEDIATE DENIAL)

Formadr

Will be the Pack's reaching sword over the seas. The Formadr will be cold, ruthless and unforgiving. Like the marauders, they will be an important aspect of main attacks i.e. pillages, sieges etc. They will fight at sea, they will attack port cities, they will take what they want, do whta they want and no one will stand in their way. (VA 1, 2a, maybe 2b and 4)

Reaper

Hand picked by the Dark Wolf himself. The elite members of the Pack. They are skilled in every aspect of villainy including assassination, theft and intimidation. Wherever the Dark Wolf is, the Reapers are never far behind. They are his personal guard as well as his most elite warriors. They will take on the most dangerous tasks without hesitation.

Specialty Classes

Mage

Will be required to do enchantment and make potions. Must have(legitimate LOTC) magical training in order to cast spells etc. Must also be familiar with magical ingrediens in order to able to make potions and improve them

Hunter

Medium-high wepon skill (sword or axe) preferable. Will be required to go out and hunt for pigs, cows or chickens to feed the Pack. Medium-high level cooking and farming required. Must be able to cook and farm constantly as well.

Smith

High level blacksmithing. Must be able to repair and smelt on a regualr basis. Also will be in charge of stocking the dens/shops with produce from the smithy or kitchen.

Slave

Enslaved by the Wolf Pack to be sold or put to work. You cannot escape.

The Initiation

When accepted, you will start out as a Novice. As a Novice you will go through training, tests and tasks. Once you have proven youself to the Dark Wolf, you will be given an intiation ceremony. During the cermony you will recite the code of the Pack and undergo a secret blood ritual. You will then have the symbol of the Pack tattoed onto your right shoulder.

The Blacklist

The Blacklist is a list of all enemies of the Pack. Be it a single person, a group of people or an entire race/nation. Only Den Leaders or the Dark Wolf may place names on the Blacklist, however a member of the Pack may notify a one of these of an enemy and the name will then be placed on the Blacklist. If anyone on the Blacklist is spotted, they must be killed on sight. Once your name is on the Blacklist, it can only be removed with your death, or if peace and compensation is made. All at the Dark Wolf's discretion. For Blacklist rules, see below. (Do not literally kill on sight. You must obviously rp it first, else you will get banned and we will not back you up if this happens)

The Rules

1. Do not betray your brothers.
  2. Betrayal is looked upon with utter disgust. Any form of betrayal will result in an immediate removal from the brotherhood and imprisonment, torture and eventual execution. If not present you will then be hunted until the end of your days.
  3. Never rat on a member of the guild to anyone.
  4. Do not steal from your brothers.
  5. Do not kill any of your brothers, unless you have received specific instructions to do so.
  6. Do not let on that you are a member of the Pack unless you have received instructions to do so.
  7. Do not disobey a command from a superior, be it Pack Leader, Den Leader or the Dark Wolf himself.
  8. The Dark Wolf is the arbiter of all punishments.

Rules regarding the Blacklist

1. Always notify a Den Alpha or the Dark Wolf when placing a name on the Blacklist.
  2. You must have a valid reason for placing a name on the Blacklist.
  3. Only the Dark Wolf may put a Pack members name on the Blacklist.

The application

(all OOC questions are in blue. The rest is in RP)

Lies on the Application will result in severe punishment

[font="Verdana"][b][color="#C0C0C0"]  [color="#4169E1"]MC name:[/color]

RP name:[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Short bio 2-3 paragraphs (include your personality traits IC):[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

[color="#4169E1"]

Do you have Skype or Teamspeak? (If not are you willing to get it?):[/color][/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Why do you wish to join us?:[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Desired Class (put your reserve class in brackets):[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

What are your most prominent skills (Include the level of these skills):  [/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Will you be loyal to us?:[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

[color="#4169E1"]Are you a member of any other guild? Please Specify:[/color][/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Do you worship Iblees?:  [/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

[color="#4169E1"]

Do you have a villain application? If yes what evils do you have?: [/color] [/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Do you understand and agree to the rules:[/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]

Will you be willing to go through our trials/tests?[/color][/b][/font] 

((raptor, thought i was gonna hafta' smack you... then realized you wern't using ranks from a wolf pack. [alpha, beta, omega, etc] I'm going to start up my monster hunting/merc group for 2.0, and I plan to base ranks off of the ranks in the wolfpack hierarchy. recruits are omegas, i'm an alpha, etc :P))

((raptor, thought i was gonna hafta' smack you... then realized you wern't using ranks from a wolf pack. [alpha, beta, omega, etc] I'm going to start up my monster hunting/merc group for 2.0, and I plan to base ranks off of the ranks in the wolfpack hierarchy. recruits are omegas, i'm an alpha, etc :P))

Well i wish you good luck with that but dont you have to have a VA to be a merc? o.O anyways i was gonna use those ranks but it didnt sound right with "Omega raider" etc etc.

Oh and btw, you cant smack me cos you cant find me :twisted:

By all means, create the guild however - You must be sure to let your attendants understand they must have villain applications

By all means, create the guild however - You must be sure to let your attendants understand they must have villain applications

did i not already mention that? ok i will make it more clear thank you.

did i not already mention that? ok i will make it more clear thank you.

You did! Just don't want anyone getting banned; new players will need to be told thoroughly if they join ~

((you were a failasaurus rex in the pickpocket attempts today :3))

((dwarfguy we would be happy to have you :D))

((and lykos i dont usually do stuff as soft as pickpocketng but you pressured me into it :P))

((:D))

((Oh great, I thought you had to be betrayed by society to join, and I had a much shorter idea for a villain that isn't betrayed. Also, if you want skins for the guild I could help))

((Oh great, I thought you had to be betrayed by society to join, and I had a much shorter idea for a villain that isn't betrayed. Also, if you want skins for the guild I could help))

U dont have to be betrayed but you have to have a VA))

((Yeah that would be great pm me about it.))