+The Merry Men+

Nononymous

Merry Men  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where Should the Merry Men Base be?

• A. Salvus
    • B. Andromeda
    • C. The Wilds
    • D. Don't Care

((I realy think that we need some kind of base because I rarely see any of the merry man :o

Perhaps make a charter or something?))

4. Mandarin/Wheatley ((DivinusXiphias)) - Second in Command (The Teine)

As a friend, and a person of sense, I would recommend against this. Just the other day some masked man was in Alras where I was having dinner, and I didn't think much of it until I heard him talking to another person, and I heard him ask the first person if he'd 'ever heard of the merry men'. That piqued my interest as you had spoken to me about perhaps forming a group under that name. I guess he and the man went off to discuss some stuff (yes, I could hear their chat but I RP as not being able to hear non-shouted conversations made out of my view). A short while later, the masked man has this fella out on the balcony, where he's screaming that he's going to slit his throat unless a ransom of 19 iron ingots were delivered in 1 minute.

I shouted back up (as I heard him out on the balcony) how one was supposed to come up with such a ransom inside 60 seconds, and his reply was to buy them from one of the stores. The stores were selling them for 50 minas, but honestly, 1950 was at the time more then I had, and was absolutely WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than i'd pay to rescue some random stranger. If he had asked for 50, or maybe 100, or even for me to cover the bar tab, I would've considered. Drastic measures were going to be required.

I headed upstairs with a dwarf who heard the shouting from the street. The masked man kept his hostage in front of him while negotiating with the dwarf. We had a few whispers at which point I tossed him a bow and half a dozen arrows, and he took to the street and confronted the masked man from down below.

I crept forward from my hiding spot and saw that he had his back to me, as he was yelling at the now archer dwarf down below. I had the perfect opportunity to backstab. ((I'll also point out that at the onset of this, the guy he was robbing said he had 5 minutes before he had to go to school and he(masked man/divinusxiphowever he spells it) said 'ok this'll only take about 3'. I thought how could I advance the RP scene but allow this guy who has to go a chance to duck out?))

I decided instead to order him to drop his weapon. He spun around to face me (his hostage doing so as well, nice touch there) and decline, only now he had an archer at his back. The archer ordered him to drop his weapon as well. He decided to press the knife into the throat of the hostage, and when he did so an arrow came flying up and hit him squarely. Just in case it wasn't a mortal injury but before he could move to stab the hostage, I lept forward and took a slash at him, shoving away the victim. I had intended to then alert the authorities, but all he did was mutter some curses and quickly bleed out.

...you could imagine my surprise when I took the mask off and found it to be this fella before the monk brigade came huphuphuphuphupping in to cart off the slain. I don't know if a leadership position would be appropriate, but that's just from my encounter. You may feel differently and even run a different operation than I would.

((And i'd like to point out he was needlessly douchey afterwards. Had a 10 min bitchfest with me in tells saying how it was powergaming that I killed him, and he had the hostage in front of him and everything else.... He totally ignored the points I made,

1: that if he has an opponent in front of him AND behind him, it doesn't matter where he positions a hostage, he's open to an attack by the unguarded one.

2: AND the point that the guy he was robbing was a schoolkid who needed to get going, AND the RP could've continued.... But apparantly, the only way he wanted it scripted from the beginning, was this younger fella got to go to school only when he'd had his throat slit and Mr. masked man then said he could go!

3: If he dies from one arrow and one sword slash, maybe he should wear his armor. I found a set of leather on him even though he wasn't wearing anything but his skin during the 'robbery'.

That's it. I know I mentioned this to you briefly when I heard he was part of your group, but having read that he's SECOND IN COMMAND I felt like I had to point out this encounter, and also say i'd certainly not be interested in joining any group that had me in a subordinate position to a feeb like this.))

As a friend, and a person of sense, I would recommend against this. Just the other day some masked man was in Alras where I was having dinner, and I didn't think much of it until I heard him talking to another person, and I heard him ask the first person if he'd 'ever heard of the merry men'. That piqued my interest as you had spoken to me about perhaps forming a group under that name. I guess he and the man went off to discuss some stuff (yes, I could hear their chat but I RP as not being able to hear non-shouted conversations made out of my view). A short while later, the masked man has this fella out on the balcony, where he's screaming that he's going to slit his throat unless a ransom of 19 iron ingots were delivered in 1 minute.

I shouted back up (as I heard him out on the balcony) how one was supposed to come up with such a ransom inside 60 seconds, and his reply was to buy them from one of the stores. The stores were selling them for 50 minas, but honestly, 1950 was at the time more then I had, and was absolutely WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than i'd pay to rescue some random stranger. If he had asked for 50, or maybe 100, or even for me to cover the bar tab, I would've considered. Drastic measures were going to be required.

I headed upstairs with a dwarf who heard the shouting from the street. The masked man kept his hostage in front of him while negotiating with the dwarf. We had a few whispers at which point I tossed him a bow and half a dozen arrows, and he took to the street and confronted the masked man from down below.

I crept forward from my hiding spot and saw that he had his back to me, as he was yelling at the now archer dwarf down below. I had the perfect opportunity to backstab. ((I'll also point out that at the onset of this, the guy he was robbing said he had 5 minutes before he had to go to school and he(masked man/divinusxiphowever he spells it) said 'ok this'll only take about 3'. I thought how could I advance the RP scene but allow this guy who has to go a chance to duck out?))

I decided instead to order him to drop his weapon. He spun around to face me (his hostage doing so as well, nice touch there) and decline, only now he had an archer at his back. The archer ordered him to drop his weapon as well. He decided to press the knife into the throat of the hostage, and when he did so an arrow came flying up and hit him squarely. Just in case it wasn't a mortal injury but before he could move to stab the hostage, I lept forward and took a slash at him, shoving away the victim. I had intended to then alert the authorities, but all he did was mutter some curses and quickly bleed out.

...you could imagine my surprise when I took the mask off and found it to be this fella before the monk brigade came huphuphuphuphupping in to cart off the slain. I don't know if a leadership position would be appropriate, but that's just from my encounter. You may feel differently and even run a different operation than I would.

((And i'd like to point out he was needlessly douchey afterwards. Had a 10 min bitchfest with me in tells saying how it was powergaming that I killed him, and he had the hostage in front of him and everything else.... He totally ignored the points I made,

1: that if he has an opponent in front of him AND behind him, it doesn't matter where he positions a hostage, he's open to an attack by the unguarded one.

2: AND the point that the guy he was robbing was a schoolkid who needed to get going, AND the RP could've continued.... But apparantly, the only way he wanted it scripted from the beginning, was this younger fella got to go to school only when he'd had his throat slit and Mr. masked man then said he could go!

3: If he dies from one arrow and one sword slash, maybe he should wear his armor. I found a set of leather on him even though he wasn't wearing anything but his skin during the 'robbery'.

That's it. I know I mentioned this to you briefly when I heard he was part of your group, but having read that he's SECOND IN COMMAND I felt like I had to point out this encounter, and also say i'd certainly not be interested in joining any group that had me in a subordinate position to a feeb like this.))

1. Move it on to the ban section if you care that much, you did something completely unrealistic, the arrow hit my leather armor, not weakening me.

2. I sent you a message on how that didn't make sense, stabbing me while in Rp I had a hostage right in front of me.

3. I know what the villain rules say, make Rp enjoyable for everyone else as well and let them win, but at least do it logically.

4. Jtheo2016 isn't on the forums anymore, your post is pointless, have a nice day sir.

1. Move it on to the ban section if you care that much, you did something completely unrealistic, the arrow hit my leather armor, not weakening me.

Are you insane? Your first comment is just off the scale. Also, YOU WEREN'T WEARING YOUR ARMOR, did you not even read what I said? You died to one arrow and one slash.

2. I sent you a message on how that didn't make sense, stabbing me while in Rp I had a hostage right in front of me.

Imagine a hostage situation IRL, now imagine a hostage taker getting shot in the side. Now imagine instead of a little bullet, it's a big ol' arrow. The impact alone is going to stun them, and basicly collapse them on the wound, and then someone is feet away ready to jump in. That's how it played out in my mind. I just didn't expect you to curl up and die from 2 hits, but then again, you weren't wearing anything.

P.S. "Sent you a message" sorry, I had to take note of that.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.