Mages Light

Redbaron™

Me and a few other of the guild members have been discussing this and we think it would be a fun festival for all of Asulon to do.

To start we would welcome all of Asulon to the event and give our speech for the people who have come, at the end of speech Mages sitting behind the platform of the speaker would shoot fireballs into the sky, sort of representing fire works, and maybe their would be some black wool up their that the fireball would hit causing it to light the wool on fire?

After this they would begin games, here's a list that I can think of off the top of my head that I think would be cool for them to enter.

• Strong man competition - A bare fist wrestle until the losing party yields
  • Wizards foam - Drinking a beer that we call wizards foam, and who ever drinks the most wins.
  • Wizards duel - Of course only for mages, but magicians from around aegis may pit their skills against our mages in a friendly fight
  • Fortune telling - One of our own will tell your forture
  • And of course, dice games.
  • Conjure the Flag - Two teams, each has a flag. Your team needs to conjure the enemies flag whilst warding your own from being conjured. A test of both offensive and defensive strategies. Also, distracting spells are allowed.

After these events we would bring story tellers from all over aegis, calling into the crowd for those brave enough to tell their tales. Then a mage or two from the guild would tell a story. From this point on we would start to settle down and would bring them to the feasting area where Me and the two other Arch mages would sit at the head of the dining hall and begin to thank everyone for coming. Now this is where I think it could be cool, we would thank them for coming and to enjoy their meal, then a Gm who is invisible and flying would go over head and rain food down in rows amongst the people who are feasting here.

After this we bid them farewell and a few GMs would teleport us out of their as if more magic has occurred.

Thanks for reading this, its pretty patchy so far but I will add more indepth things to this if It gets accepted. We plan to have this once a month which is 6 years IG I believe... Any ways if you have any ideas for games or anything else post them.

Other events?

Magic-themed costume contest.

Contest to see who can levitate a pile of sand for the longest.

It sounds really involved and some aspects I find clever. Though, this is to be after the plugins release, right?

It sounds really involved and some aspects I find clever. Though, this is to be after the plugins release, right?

Yes most likely, unless the GMs employ some popular magic rpers magic for a little bit then take it away after the event, which I would love. We'll see what happens. We can fake magic with redstone workings for a bit.

I suppose so, though I'm not so sure if we can pull off the Wizards Duel if anybody can run up and do what they want. You've seen the powergamers and the rogue "mages"

Another game...

Conjure the Flag.

Two teams, each has a flag. Your team needs to conjure the enemies flag whilst warding your own from being conjured. A test of both offensive and defensive strategies. Also, distracting spells are allowed.

I'd be into it. It seems like a great idea.

I assume this would occur on the Mage’s Island or Bellus Turris? If so, we could set up tents and all that jazz all around the island, which is where we would have most of the festival. Then I suppose we could lead the people to our grand dining hall where the feast would occur?

Edit: Also perhaps we could sell things such as potions reagents, potions, staffs, robes (Skins), books and so on. I assume a number of magical/ alchemy guilds could get involved each with a booth selling something perhaps.

Yes that would work, I'm not sure exactly where it would be but I like your ideas. It could be anywhere really though unless you think it a good idea on the main island.

To bring this topic back I have some lore around why the Mages even do this festival:

The mage island Bellus Turris (As written in lore)acts as a magical waypoint for magic in Asulon. Ever so often the island begins to spark up with magic and must release it some how. This results in colorful lights and spirals appearing over the island. The tower situated on the island was specifically designed to harness this releasing power and show a number of breath taking images and magical designs spreading across the sky line of the island. So when ever this occurs the Mages Guild holds a festival to celebrate the coming of a new magical "cycle".

I was thinking the magical designs in the sky to look like this:

201203151757461704571.jpg