[✓] (Finished!) Alchemy Lore

Ithric

Alchemy Lore  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this lore for alchemy?

• It's pretty darn good!
    • It's good but it still needs work.
    • I don't really like it at all

To preface: I HAVE ONLY SKIMMED THIS TOPIC

I am very short on time right now I'm afraid (Dealing with the server T_T)

But from what I've read, we should be able to implement this fairly easily (from a coding point of view). However, just cause we can code it does NOT mean we are implementing it. I'm going to talk with the GM team, and we might add making an alchemy plugin to our todo list. I'll try to keep you in the loop ^_^.

As always, if you have questions, feel free to drop my a PM or hit me up on TS, my name is the table flipped Reag.

[Edit]: I've read this more in depth, and I have to say, fantastic job. And yes, we can code a plugin that does all this so people don't powergame the **** out of it.

I've looked over your book (The Tales of a TRavelling Alchemist) on the wiki, and it's great. The question is, where would this book be, and how would I find it?

As I'm no masochist, I did not convert the book into bookworm. Ergo, you do not have a physical copy in game via that plugin. Now, you might ask why I didn't take the time to do so and I'd respond with I don't have the time. MC's chat system is just too restrictive and bookworm is too finicky. Atleast that's how I find it. Anyways. ICly? As I do base this around my character, Ithric, he would have a copy but would have also distributed copies. With that said, the library of the Goldhands would have a copy. And perhaps major libraries may as well. Overall, I'm not certain if it's my decision whether it's rare or not. On Ithric's person and in the Goldhand's Library at their hold, that they barely use anymore XD, would be where it is -certainly- found. From there, I can only give conjecture.

To preface: I HAVE ONLY SKIMMED THIS TOPIC

I am very short on time right now I'm afraid (Dealing with the server T_T)

But from what I've read, we should be able to implement this fairly easily (from a coding point of view). However, just cause we can code it does NOT mean we are implementing it. I'm going to talk with the GM team, and we might add making an alchemy plugin to our todo list. I'll try to keep you in the loop ^_^.

As always, if you have questions, feel free to drop my a PM or hit me up on TS, my name is the table flipped Reag.

[Edit]: I've read this more in depth, and I have to say, fantastic job. And yes, we can code a plugin that does all this so people don't powergame the **** out of it.

Oh wow that's actually pretty surprising. :o I'm glad you like it, but I didn't realize an actual plugin could be made for this. Thanks. :)

Really well done my fellow alchemist, quite the read :D

This lore is so good, I know this better than most of my school lessons!

This needs to be inputted. Great job! As an apprentice alchemist I can see my self having a lot of RP fun with this.

if this gets put in... well dilara's background story would make sence even more :3

Further questions? Send me a PM! I'm still active, just not capable of getting on the server as much anymore.

Also, thanks for the continued support. 

I am glad to see that this is finished! I now have an Alchemist, and can't wait to start mixing things together.

In response to DCGO, I'm learning how to play with Java now that I'm finished with my HTML lessons. If its anything that the technician team hasn't proper time to spare, I'd like to try my hand at producing a plugin for this.

Oh, right, and by the way; this idea seems nearly flawless, though I can't help but see what is missing. I've been playing as the Alchemist since the server was founded, yet I hadn't set a structural basis of which to go on yet, and the result of your work is phenomenal; this coming from someone who is hard to please.

What I had in mind; Maybe using shears on a block could yield a chance to obtain some ingredient dependent on the biome? In desert biomes, you'd likely find something relating to a desert flora, vise versa with forests and such. This process could be done so that it affects the area in chunks; if there has already been a search of ingredients in this chunk, it needs ten minutes to regrow. Again, only a potential idea. I want this to not physically affect the environment whilst still keeping the possibility of a fun experience for Alchemists.

Before I forget, as well, I'd like to talk to you personally on how potions are made and the ingredients used in such.

Thanks.

Alright so it turns out this was never reviewed after all, so I guess I'm here to give the final word.

This Lore is accepted, I must say reading it was a pleasure and I do applaud your writing talent, so congratulations to you in that regard! However, to prevent confusion, I must clarify a point pertaining to the most controversial aspect of this lore; the Chimera and Homunculi, and perhaps even the "Local Myths and Legends" bit as well. As is literally stated in the title of section five, both of the creatures as well as the myths ARE just that; myth. They certainly exist in LotC, but only as much as Unicorns do in real life. This isn't to say that an "Elixir of Life" or a "Chimera" will never make an appearance on the server, but they must have separate lore specifically for them and that too must be accepted. I'm sure you know this Ithric as you have already created a separate lore thread for the Homunculi and Chimera, but this clarification is more for the various Alchemists who are already RPing such things.

To be more specific, sections 1, 2 and 3 of this lore are fully accepted, while sections 4 and 5 are accepted as myth. If you or anyone else has any questions or concerns, as always feel free to PM me or any other LM and we will do our best to clarify to the best of our abilities. 

Move to Accepted Lore for the next stage. Please hold use till Implemented.