Orc Application Guide

Aryon

Orc Application Help - A Guide

With the new influx of Orc Applications occuring, I have thought it would be a wise time to put together a guide in which to make it easier for applicants looking for the Orc Race to be accepted. In this guide, we will be looking at the many common errors, facts, and areas in which most people fail at. I do not claim all credit for this, for iMattyz will be assisting me in creating this guide, as it is commonly known that two brains is better than one

Key

I - An introduction

II - The common mistakes

III - The common misconceptions

IV - The language

V - Final words | Thanks

I - An introduction

Many people believe that Orcs are an evil race, always aiming to take over the rest of Asulon, simply because of a commonly viewed movie, LotR (Lord of the Rings). In fact, this is incredibly wrong. It is a very common mistake with new applicants, as they believe that all Orcs are evil, and will constantly try to kill all in their path. As it is, Orcs can at times be the most peaceful and caring races. Though, at times, it is true that they can be incredibly war-hungry and bloodthirsty. But, this is because of their Bloodlust, a curse granted to them, by the Daemon, Iblees. This is not the area in which Bloodlust shall be discussed, though, as it will be mentioned later down the guide.

Orcs can create some of the finest, and most unique Role-Play available. Considering that they have their own unique language, they can provide a very fun race. But, it also does require a large amount of knowledge in their lore, customs, and the way their nation works. Even as the Orcs are a tight community In-Character, Out of Character we are just as good friends. We constantly await the new ones that join us, and are a very friendly community. We provide as much support Out of Character, as we do In-Character. We truly are, a very fun race.

II - The common mistakes

Now, onto the actual application. One of the most common mistakes I see on Orcs, is the power-gaming. There was a post a fair bit back, about not making any Orcs over the size of 10ft tall, as we know some have abused that power and created some incredibly strong and overpowered Orcs. As this was a privilege of the Orcish Culture, we had it stripped of us, because a few members could not be mature with said power. I wish to make it clear, that no Orc Applicants will be allowed to make any Orcish characters over 10ft tall. This is merely to keep the Power-Gaming to a minimal, as I wish for you to get a feel for the server before getting the privilege.

Another thing commonly done wrong in applications, is feeling as if you can act evilly, simply because you are an Orc. This is very, very wrong, as any character will require a Villain Application to play, regardless of race. It may seem tiring and strenuous, but it is to keep the poor Role-Players away from the more interesting role-play. We do not want poor role-players getting a villain app, for we fear they may abuse it in many ways. I wish to limit this, and hopefully you will realise that you cannot simply kill many Dwarves, because ‘I felt like it’.

III - The common misconceptions

As I stated before, many people believe the Orcs to be an evil race, because of a single movie. This is incredibly wrong, and it should not be taken into account when making your application. Us Orcs are not all evil, and are at most times a loving and caring race. We actually take the time to think, and many things are solved within the Wargoth council. Yes, it is true that many of the problems of the Nation are solved with a simple Klomp (In other words, a duel.) As the War Nation believes in strength, valor, and honor.

Another thing I do not wish to see, is those who believe Orcs are an incredibly stupid race. Orcs merely have a different language, as their tusks disfigure their mouth, and do not allow common speech. I cannot emphasize this enough. I come across many application, which believe that the Orcish race is incredibly stupid, and below all the other races intelligent. Goblins are some of the smartest beings in Asulon, and normal Orcs are of the same intelligence as the other races.

IV - The language

As stated before, the Orcish language is cracked for a simple reason. Orcs tusks shred their language, and they have had to adapt, and create their own deformed tongue. With this in mind, it will take a while to become an expert on this language. Below, there is a list of words and the Orcish language. I take no credit for compiling this, as it was all made by Monkey. Apart from this language list, you will mainly just want to spell everything with poor grammar and spelling. So, mistake, would be ‘Miztayke’. Z’s are a very large part of the Orcish language and most S’s can be exchanged for them. e.g. ‘Tuzk’ instead of ‘Tusk’, etc.

Ug - Hail/Hey/Hello

Throm'ka - Formal greeting

Yub - Yes

Nub - No

Gug'ye - Goodbye

Lat - You

Mi - Me/I

Rulg - Thanks

Blah - Talk/speak

Gruk - Understand

Dabu - Yes/My Pleasure (Obedient, Respectful)

Bubhosh - Great/Big

Snaga - Slave

Nubhosh - Bad/Small

Buub - Pig

Pushdug - Stinky

Glob - Fool

Klomp - Attack

Flat - Dead

Blarg - Home

Brudda - Krugmar Orc (Example of Others: Outcasted Orc, Orc who lives with humans etc.)

Stowts - Dwarf

Twiggies / Treeuggers - Elf

Squeals - Halflings

quikspawn / breedurs - Human

Skah/Saahkah - (Curse word)

Agh - And

Buurz - Dark

Mojo - Magic

Krimp - Control somebody (stun, capture, snare, etc.)

Uzg - World

Goi - City

Lusk - Axe

O'lig - Bow

Ligz - Arrow

Zult - Sword

Stik - Staff

Blah: Speech, speak, say, talk, word, and also the name of the language. If it comes from your skahun mouth, its blah.

Steemiez - redstone tech. Referring to the 'steam' in a steam contraption.

Skah: The most important word in a sailor Orc's vocabulary.

Shara: Human

Snaak: Halfling

Albai/Twiggie: Elf

Gazat: Dwarf

Nuutshara: Ascended (literally sky human)

Nubded: Undead

Buubshara Nubded: Zombie Pigman

Howlur: Wolf

Ash: 1 (to be used as 'one' the atcual word as in 'anyash' means 'anyone')

Dub: 2

Gakh: 3

Futh: 4

H' : 5

H'ash: 6

H'dub: 7

H'gakh: 8

H'futh: 9

Ashety: 10

Dubty: 20

Gakhty: 30

V - Ending | Thanks

I would like to thank all the Orcs who wrote the lore, language, and everything of our Orcish Culture. I believe it is the only lore which was written, and the language, lore, and culture is like it today, because many others took time out of their days to make this. The Orc race is incredibly fun to play, and can create some splendid and unique Role-Play. I truly thank you for reading through this guide, and I honestly hope you learnt a lot. We will be frequently updating this, to cover any and all mistakes that come up! And for all you Orcs applying out there, good luck, and I hope that you can do well in your application! Rulg latz fur peepin' diz guyde!

Below, is a list of pages which may help you in your application.

The Lord of the Craft Wiki

The Orcish Lore

The Orcish Dictionary

The War Nation Structure

The Gorkil Clan

The Lur Clan

The Orcish Military

pfft orcs

I'm Thore'Gorkil and I approve of this message

TL;DR But I approve.