The Thornguard: House Briarwood's Heretic Hunters

Avacyn

((Currently a WIP, but feel free to fill out the application or contact me In Game, merrymoogle))

5H6rL.png

The Thornguard are the active "military" of House Briarwood. They are a special team of fighters, trained and equipped to deal with heretics and users of dark magic, as well as reconnaissance missions. They are at the command of Marcus Briarwood, usually being dispatched to aid Oren's other military groups in dealing with these types of foes.

utbdf4n5r6fgmf6y7fughd6fy7ugdhfud.jpg

A Thornguard, specializing in heavy, close quarters combat.

mtg__elite_inquisitor_by_algenpfleger-d48xb0m.jpg

Another Thornguard variant, this one specializing in light armor, and quick strikes from close and from afar.

As you can see, the Thornguard accepts almost all fighting types, including magic users. They may all be different, but they have one thing in common: Devotion to the Creator, and devotion to their task of cleansing the world of heretics alike.

The Thornguard have a few weapons they commonly use. Crossbows are a staple, and there are a few different types of bolts used. There are normal, steel bolts, the average ammunition. Then there are two special kinds: bolts with wooden tips, that can be lit on fire, and bolts coated in nonlethal, paralyzing poison (Curare, to be exact. Wikipedia it for the details). Most Thornguard are equipped with some kind of blade, whether it be a rapier, dagger, axe, or large sword.

The Thornguard have an Oath that they must swear upon initiation.

Blessed be he, The Creator

His Radiance shines upon me

So that my blows

Against those who threaten His Glory

May strike true

And strike with his Righteous Fury.

I devote myself to protecting His Name

From the Horrors that dare defile His Sanctity.

I accept His Generosity, His Forgiveness,

So that all sins I may have committed shall be

Absolved upon my taking of this oath.

Blood! Blood for the Creator!

guJMO.png

Initiate : Members who have spent only about a month. They usually do not take part in missions, only observing if they ever do.

After their training, a member takes one of two roles:

Hunter : Lightweight armor. Trained in stealth, one-handed weapons, ranged weapons, and agility.

Slayer : Heavy armor. Trained in two-handed weapons, strength, endurance, and sometimes magic, but this is only if they pursue the art themselves.

Upon reaching a certain amount of time served, and being a veteran of a variety of missions, a member ascends to the position of "High ___", depending on the role they chose.

Lord ____ : The leader of the Thornguard, depending on the role they took early on. It is currently Lord Hunter Marcus Briarwood.

((Application: Fill this out here if you wish to join, or contact me In-Game and strike up a conversation of interest.))

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Link to your accepted Zealotry Minor VA, and any others you may have:[/b]

[size="4"]In Character[/size]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]History (1-2 Paragraphs at least, but make it long if you wish):[/b]

[b]Why do you want to join the Thornguard?:[/b]

[b]Will you promise to swear the Oath of the Thornguard?:[/b]

[b]Where can I find you, to begin Initiation?[/b]

Username: Anawkin52

Link to your accepted Zealotry Minor VA, and any others you may have: None yet but i will be applying

In Character

Name: Magnus Helstrum

History (1-2 Paragraphs at least, but make it long if you wish):

Magnus grew up in the slums of oren living off spare coin and ample goods. Being the oldest magnus had to care and tendto his three younger siblings. This was by either selling local game to merchants or creating a new toy for his younger

sister Leia who was only 18 months and had just learned to walk. All of the younger siblings knew nothing of what had

happened to their parents, often fantisizing of where they were and what they were doing. Magnus knew only that his

father a sailor had drinken a bit too much and had tip topsied into a pond and drowned. Magnus kept this from his

siblings, knowing they were only children and would not understand. They lived this simple life for many years and had

no problems with it, their only seemed to be a little whining along the way but all was good. As magnus reached close

to becoming a man he thought he should take up to the local military to learn how to protect his family.

His siblings now about the age of ten, were coming to terms with their father and mothers disapearance, knowing they

might not see them again as they had grown up fast like magnus in order to survive. When magnus enlisted in the local

militia he felt weary but knowing they would provide shelter for him and his family he accepted. Magnus and his two

brothers were taken to train to become in the militia while Leia was left by herself, tending to the cottage and

preping dinner. As the years went on all of the Helstrums became efficant in their jobs. Liam who had started as a

knight in training chose to apprentice the local blacksmith, Teym started as an archer had taken to books and was on

his way to being a scribe. Leia chose to take up cooking and was striving in the castle's kitchen. And then their was

Magnus, Magnus had trained in swordsmanship and archery in hops to become a huntsman, As the siblings parted ways for

their careers they embraced one last time and said their goodbyes. They all hoped for a better life in their adventures

ahead of them.

Why do you want to join the Thornguard?:

I want to join the ranks of the Thorngaurd because I want to put my skills to good use in hunting heretics and worship

-ing the creator

Will you promise to swear the Oath of the Thornguard?:

Yes, I promise

Where can I find you, to begin Initiation?

In oren most likely

-snip-

You have passed the first part of your trial. I will seek you out in the next few Elven days, and speak with you. Then, if you are deemed worthy, you shall be initiated.

- Lord Hunter Marcus Briarwood

House Briarwood, for its loyalty to Duke Harrion of Westfall, has been granted a County, and thus the Thornguard hold a bit a higher position. We have land and holdings now, and thus others who would wish to fight against those who defile the Creator's name should be encouraged to join.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.