Benbo's Big Guide To Combat Roleplay

Wretched

An excellent guide, I really do hope people take more realism into their account during roleplay combat. I'm sick of fighting people that are able to move and keep up with me while wearing full armour while I'm an agile Kha'Pantera wearing no armour. I also hope peasants will take into account that they most likely do not have much combat experience and have a large disadvantage.

THank-you for sharing! I tend to think in a similar manner to the things you described, and more often than not it is more fun to roleplay a as a result .I would recommend this guide to everyone.

An excellent guide, I really do hope people take more realism into their account during roleplay combat. I'm sick of fighting people that are able to move and keep up with me while wearing full armour while I'm an agile Kha'Pantera wearing no armour. I also hope peasants will take into account that they most likely do not have much combat experience and have a large disadvantage.

Hah, don't worry about the peasants being skilled in combat, I got that covered. *already plays peasant* ;)

Chickens need to be harmed. They all need to be harmed, they always get everywhere and lag the server!

Chickens need to be harmed. They all need to be harmed, they always get everywhere and lag the server!

Thy post hath been edited accordingly.

Great... Great Guide.. This is how fighting in rp is supposed to be... I would also like to add in that Armor in battles can get annoying.. Not having it on before a fight but suddenly slapping armor on mid battle urks me! Anyhow great guide all players should rp like this!

I found this really helpful, but maybe you should go into detail about weapons, and perhaps some examples of how to use them?

This was truly amazing, and I have asked for a guide like this to be done for a very long time now and I am very happy with how it went down. C:

I hate getting called a PGer because I have a fast, not too strong char, who relies on his speed yo make hits hurt. I constantly get called a PGer when my unarmoured and lightly clothed char ducks and weaves as fast as he can from a person in full iron armour, or full RP armour. I find it quite aggravating also when I stab at a person with a speedy knife at an unprotected part of their body, or a slight gap between the plates of their armour, only to have them magically turn and block a person stabbing at them after just punching them in the nose, or knocking a tooth out, or the gap in the armour simply disappears. Just because you have armour does not mean you have instantly won. 

Great guide but also maybe add that full armour takes time to put on and quite a lot of time so slapping it on a second before the fight commences is completely unrealistic.

One of the most detailed guides I have read. Thank you.