[Lore] The Potion Of Regeneration

Kardel

Yay or Nay?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be accepted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Needs more work

I'm not sure if you mean OOCly agree to it or IC agree to it so I am going to assume you need both.  Obviously you need OOC consent to engage violent and/or sexual roleplay but since this could potentially involve sexual organs you are also going to need IC consent.  And by IC consent I mean the player from whom that liquid is being extracted from has to be WILLINGLY agree to this and can not be coerced (either though IC or OOC means) into having her womb liquid extracted.  Many months ago there was a situation in which a player's character (I believe the player's MC name was TheFemaleElf or something like that, its hard to remember and I can't find the ban report) was rape by another character.  The player give their OOC consent to the rape RP as this player didn't want to disrupt RP and thought that as long as there was OOC consent then the RP is acceptable.  However the administration was informed of the rape RP and banned the players (including the TheFemaleElf) as any and all forms of rape, even if OOC permission was given, is unacceptable on this server.  I bring this event up to serve as a warning as I find that even a small risk of being permanently banned as too much of a risk.

Still, it will be up to the lore team and/or administration team to oversee if use of a mother's womb liquid as an ingredient for such a potion is an acceptable one for a regeneration potion.  Should the team accept your lore, then I trust that you will take every precaution to ensure that neither you or your fellow players will not engage in roleplay that can lead to someone being permanently banned.  All that I ask is tread carefully.

I merely stated all of those potential ingredients to demonstrate the large variety of potential ingredients that can be used instead and will likely not as questionable to obtain but still difficult to find.  I don't know if any of the ingredients I give in my example have alchemical properties or not (let alone the one that have similar to mother's womb liquid) but I suppose that is best left for the alchemist to discover what their potential effects are.

As for my work-in-progess hydra lore, I will gladly show you but I am still working on it (even though its over 5,000 words long as of now).  Right now I am struggling as how to go about writing down the creatures origins.  As of right now that hydra's blood in my lore as of now has highly regenerative properties but some nasty side effect (upset stomach, clawing out your skin to get the "worms" crawling in your skin, potentially tumorous masses grow instead of healing, and slight chance of instant heart failure).  I can however modify the lore so that the blood has to be brewed with other ingredients by a trained alchemist to make it suitable for consumption and have so that drinking raw hydra blood being lethal.

As I said before, if your patient enough that could be be a suitable replacement for mother's womb liquid even though hydra blood fits better in regeneration (like the liver) than it does creation.  But since the hydra is unapproved lore as of this moment (lore has yet to be presented), I think it will be wise to consider ingredients that you can find IG and currently have approval since we don't know if the lore behind the hydra will ever be accepted in the first place.  Only consider hydra blood as an ingredient should it ever be approved.

I'm glad you assuaged my concern with having screenshots to show the legitimate process of making this potion in RP.  I am still worried about the use of a mother's womb liquid and thus I can not support this lore but I am happy to hear that you understand the reason for worry and have made considerations to avoid roleplay to lead to bans or perma-bans.  While I may not currently support this lore in its current stage, I still wish you the best of luck regardless with your lore.

(finished editing message)

Question, does this potion work to regenerate more minor things such as a finger, hair, an eye, your nose? If yes, does it do it faster than normal for a major thing?

Question, does this potion work to regenerate more minor things such as a finger, hair, an eye, your nose? If yes, does it do it faster than normal for a major thing?

Yes, it works for all of this, and yes, the time of regeneration depends on the size of the part being regenerated. For eyes, though, it WILL end in a mutation of some sort, eyes being very delicate, and the more delicate the body part the higher the risk of mutation gets.

Now, as for the many concern surrounding the womb liquid, I must say that I do feel I have gone too far. The recipe will be changed IF my other lore regarding alchemical reagents which will be posted soon is accepted, but if not, I still plan to change this with something suitable.

Again... the womb thing... Isn't it just... removing the organ?

I don't think he means anything more than what the womb naturaly produces everyday... It would be just an organ and nothing sexual would come from it. Thought... death would come from it, maybe infertility as well... But that would be part for the player being gutted to decide.

I would think the rp for that would be something like...

*Kardel starts his cut on the woman's gut, and fades to black as he cuts away inside, looking to remove the desired organ.*

Would need a VA thought...

Again... the womb thing... Isn't it just... removing the organ?

I don't think he means anything more than what the womb naturaly produces everyday... It would be just an organ and nothing sexual would come from it. Thought... death would come from it, maybe infertility as well... But that would be part for the player being gutted to decide.

I would think the rp for that would be something like...

*Kardel starts his cut on the woman's gut, and fades to black as he cuts away inside, looking to remove the desired organ.*

Would need a VA thought...

Coulda had a VA...

I am working on my va, if that is what you mean, and i agree with thepost above me, the one by jistuma, that after all, it is just an organ, but it still is related to genitals, so to some it might be innapropriate. I await a wider opinion, and will make a poll as soon as i get to my pc.

Made a poll, vote yes if you support.

I personally think that the "womb juice" is a good idea, as it makes characters question their morals. If it was something else that would not result in a pregnant woman's womb being cut out, it would be much more widespread, and to be completely honest, we need more moral dilemmas about characters deciding if it is really worth it, the killing of a woman and baby, just for their own gain. 

Additionally, the disgust level, and the utter twisted-ness of the removing of the womb would turn away most alchemists, unless they had a remorseless assistant to do the deed for them. This brings about more RP jobs, and also makes sure that not every Bob, Joe and Larry have a huge stash of regeneration potions.

This has been reviewed and unless something comes up at the last minute we're probably going to implement it. However, the concerns raised over using womb liquid in regards to server rules are valid. Is there anything else that would work for the third ingredient?

I would have to write more lore on that, the part about another ingredient, and writing lore is. . .well, i'll cut to the chase and hope I dont offend any people with an addiction to contributing lore to the server via written form, plain annoying. I guess I could replace the womb liquid with some type of special starfish species in its stead, but that would be way too easy to get even if the reagent is located in the bottom if the ocean because everything is possible in lotc.

The womb fluid is obtainable by all means, though, unlike collecting a starfish, needs a Va, and Vas are what keep people from doing loads of things in lotc. I understand how the womb may be 'inappropriate' as an organ as it deals with intercourse, but obtaining it is not related with any genitals, as the womb can be removed by cutting a female individual's lower belly open above the hipbone, and simply cutting it out. This also makes one question their motives as said before as most alchemists, even if insane, will not commit such a malefic and disgusting action, and thus this will lead to more interesting rp, and more thinking on the alchemist's side. If you feel that the womb is too inappropriate, I understand, but mind that lotc has many more inappropriate themes implemented in game that make the womb seem normal, at a lesser extent, as in this case even I agree that the word 'normal' should be used very loosely. With that I conclude this post from my side, unless I am told to change the womb related reagents and implement some other kind of reagent into this lore. Ready for review.

Gutting someone is necessary to get the liver, no? The moral conflict the alchemist must conquer I think is an excellent aspect to it, but nevertheless it's straying into dangerously grey waters with regards to server rules.

You could subsitute the womb fluid for the blood of a mother, perhaps. Or perhaps the liver must be from a mother, and the third ingredient is the blood of the person who is to drink the potion?

Definitely! I'll change it as soon as I get to a computer, on my IPad right now.

There you go, now I have eliminated everybody's concerns on the womb liquid and, like lago suggested, I replaced it with the user's blood. This also makes the potion harder because, as it is needed in plentiful quality, needs a loads of the users blood, plus it can only be used by the one who gave the blood, so if you plan on regenerating a lost limb, you have to sacrifice your own blood and not another's, making this potion even more dangerous.. This also is backed by the principles of equivalent exchange, as it is blood for blood. Now that I have erased any concerns that have been raised over the period of time between the date when I posted this and now, this is truly ready for review.

I think that one of the major side-affects should be either emaciation, or exhaustion and hunger. This is because, presumably, this potion activates the reproductive cycle of the cells and makes them grow at an alarming rate. This also would make them revert to their embryological state, where they go back to their roots, using the sections of DNA they used within the uterus as an embryo. Mitosis, or the reproductive 'splitting' of a cell, takes a surprising amount of energy for what it does. And thus, the average cell, let's say a liver cell, spends most of its life in inter phase, simply storing up energy whilst performing its actual function. If this is going to be done in an embryological state, in a rather short period of time, in large scale, it would require a large amount of energy, that would usually be used elsewhere. So maybe the patient wouldn't become a skeleton with skin, but their muscle mass and fat deposits would greatly deteriorate. So Kardel would probably be very weak and thin for the entire time he uses the potion.

I think that one of the major side-affects should be either emaciation, or exhaustion and hunger. This is because, presumably, this potion activates the reproductive cycle of the cells and makes them grow at an alarming rate. This also would make them revert to their embryological state, where they go back to their roots, using the sections of DNA they used within the uterus as an embryo. Mitosis, or the reproductive 'splitting' of a cell, takes a surprising amount of energy for what it does. And thus, the average cell, let's say a liver cell, spends most of its life in inter phase, simply storing up energy whilst performing its actual function. If this is going to be done in an embryological state, in a rather short period of time, in large scale, it would require a large amount of energy, that would usually be used elsewhere. So maybe the patient wouldn't become a skeleton with skin, but their muscle mass and fat deposits would greatly deteriorate. So Kardel would probably be very weak and thin for the entire time he uses the potion.

Don't worry, even though i have never been the one for biology, I know of the process of reproduction of cells and such, and that is why during this process, which overall takes a whole IC year (2 IRL weeks) one needs to be constantly taken care of. And of course, the alchemical logic of this also states that one would have to give up a lot of energy to regenerate, as I have stated before.