Floating Islands

A bit ambitious, are we Void?

Anyways, that actually looks really good. I'm curious to see what else you can do.

Well, it's just quickly thrown together... To add a temple/shrine of sorts, you simply expand it further, using similar build-techniques. Then you build the style of ruin/shrine desired, and probably some added vegetation/rocks/float-y rocks. :3

Okay, so I really adore the idea of floating islands. I think it's one of the better lore posts I've seen in a while, but I do see a problem with it. A lot of Aenguls/Daemons are worshiped by different people on the server. Hell, the Druids worship three of them and we'd want to make one for each of our Aspects, so there'd be three isles floating above Malinor (or other places in the map where we'd find fit).  There would be floating islands all over the place, and it would get old quite quickly, people would start seeing all of these floating masses of land as more of an eyesore than anything almost instantaneously  Not to mention that if we were able to have the floating isles as big as small towns, everyone would be ambitious and go for that, resulting in giant floating isles littered all over the map. 

My solution to the problem? Either let everyone have a small floating island that's just a tad bit bigger than the one in the screenshot above, or figure out the Aenguls/Daemons that are worshiped on a large scale by a huge amount of the server population and scatter three or so half-of-a-village islands about the map.

Another thing I could think of that would be a nice addition would be an extremely hard way to reach the island. I'll admit, I'm having problems trying to think of what could be done, and maybe for that reason, this should be disregarded. But maybe something like a few chunks of the rocks floating near the island that could be used to hop across to make your way to the top of island or you could try and put planks on each of the spaces between the floating earth which would be extremely risky due to the chunks floating about. But I dunno, it's just a suggestion. 

Other than that, I'd really have to give my thumbs up and say great lore. I think it'd be a great addition to the server and would help expand the sect of high fantasy we ever so often forget about.

Nice Stuff i see here...but yeah with world edit it's easy to make a floating island...making one with your own bear hands "can" be difficult but it's makeable. The problem with bear hand building island is the size, you just make the main circle and fill it with blocks.

I would love to see floating islands in the sky with some nice buildings on them!

Aengudaemonic lore. Oh joy. We don't even know what's going on with aengudaemonics. :(

I like it and think it has potential, but if it were to be implemented I doubt it would be implemented exactly as it is now.

Oooooh! If someone were to find a fallen island, would it be able to be reactivated? Say, by using the power of my character's patron Daemon?

Would be cooler if they were suspended in spacetime, and failed to fall, rather than magic. It still gets the job done, I suppose.. I was contemplating making lore for this, though it would work via the former.. Beat me to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_pinning

- How it would have worked, essentially.

Moved to Accepted. Note that this isn't Implemented, and when it is Implemented, it may be implemented slightly differently, being such a major thing.

Moved to Accepted. Note that this isn't Implemented, and when it is Implemented, it may be implemented slightly differently, being such a major thing.

Understood. Thank you kindly for the acceptance and keep in mind myself and booger would both love to work with you guys anytime to fine tune the lore to lore team standards ^.^

He worships one that doesn't exist officially. Therefore I don't bring it up often.

Better yet, Could a Cleric be used to raise a floating Island again?

Better yet, Could a Cleric be used to raise a floating Island again?

To be honest, that would be a tremendously hard task to undertake. The reason being simply because this would require /direct/ intervention by a deity, something which this server has not seen much of since Aegis. A cleric himself is not nearly powerful enough to raise a shrine by himself, though if he could somehow gain contact with the lost god a shrine is dedicated to, and that god deemed the cleric and his shrine worthy, then a collaboration could work. The thing is, the cleric would not be the one to raise the structure, rather the god would be.

In short, you would have to erect a new shrine to a deity of your choice. Get that deity to notice said shrine by bringing mass followers or empowering it, and once said deity does take notice you would have to hope it is worthy enough for raising. 

In short, no. A cleric himself could not raise a sunk island. Though with the help of a god it is entirely possible.