Weslish Magic Idea. Guidelines.

ZeeMan_/Pillzberry

LORE/HISTORY
Weslish magic is under the control of the patron, Wesleyan. Wesleyan or Weslish magics and people are not known because by 1450, all but three have been wiped out by the scourge and other nations such as Oren. THey were wiped off because they were deamed, heretics, and like most nations did, heretics were not excepted and the Weslish were killed off. But by 1453, only one Weslish remains, and he wishes to spread his knowledge, which is through this document. ((Please read the other passage for full set of lore.))

TIER ONE: THE PRIEST
In tier one of Weslish magic, you are deamed a Priest. You have the abilities to heal only small wounds, anytime you heal a wound you would instantly feel nausious afterword, or even fainting. You are very inexperienced and once you enter this tier, there is no turning back and you keep your powers. At this point if you try anything of other tiers besides The Priest's, it may result in extreme exaughstion or even death. Combat is also not permitted in this tier unless it is self defense, if you strike another being without it being self defense, you will be weakened instantly.
          TIER TWO: THE MISSIONARY
In tier two of Weslish magic, you are deamed a Missionary. Missionaries have the ability to heal major wounds now such as, internal bleeding, gashes in the flesh, and even the ability to stop things such as heart attacks. You are also allowed combat outside of self defense now. But you are still inexperienced and any healing will result in extreme exaughstion or fainting. And once again, any action of magic past this tier will result in death unless practicing the next tier.
        TIER THREE: THE DREAMER
In tier three of Weslish magic, you are deamed a Dreamer. Dreamers have the healing abilities as the first two tiers, but you can slowly change the moods of people, such as making a depressed person happy, making a happy person depressed, making a depressed person pissed off. This ability sometimes doesn't work, if it doesn't work, nothing will happen to the person you are effecting. Because this ability doesn't always work, rolling would be a good suggestion for realism of the ability, it will not work unless the roll is above 10. The warning again is dont try to use magic of other tiers except for one two and three, except when practicing or learning the next tier.
                    TIER 4, THE TEMPLAR
In tier four of Weslish magic, you are deamed a Templar. Templars have the ability to now use all the magics up to tier four, and have the ability to use Holy Fire. Holy Fire can only be used against the scourge or unholy objects or persons. Holy Fire will not effect regular living individuals. Using Holy Fire against the scourge or unholy is very effective, but Holy Fire is difficult to produce and involves lots of concentration. Somtimes even taking one to two minutes to produce the flame. This is the last major tier of Weslish magic and you may use all the tiers now.
                   OPTIONAL TIERS/SPECIALS
  WARNINGS: The upper class tiers are more powerful than the other tiers, use these abilities carefuly. Using them the wrong way will result in powergaming. These tiers mostly involve self defense instead of offense. Use them outside of self defense and you will be powergaming. You've been warned.
                 TIER FIVE: THE PALADIN
Paladins can hold the ability of creating holy self defense objects, such as a shield made of haze that can protect against major blasts, such as fire, and water magics. Other holy objects that can be created are these, they also don't last long and are not permanint solutions to self defense, they will disappear quickly: Shields, Gauntlets, Braciers, and short protective barriers such as mini-walls. These abilites are only effective against magics and unholy magics.
                  TIER SIX: THE UNHOLY PALADIN
!THIS TIER CAN BE USED FOR ANTAGONIST PURPOSES, ONCE YOU BECOME THIS TIER, THERE IS NO GOING BACK TO REGULAR HOLY TIERS!
Tier six is slightly more sophisticated than the other tiers. In this tier you are known as an Unholy Paladin. This tier can only be used by unholy beings such as Antagonists/Scourge. As a regular Weslish user you can become this tier but its very difficult and takes time to master. But once you become this tier, you cannot become any holy Weslish tiers anymore, as this tier, you are considered unholy. These magics can produce Unholy Fire which can help stun your enemy, healing will result in destroying, healing a wound with this tier will make that person's wound worse. Also holy hues will be a dark purplish color and even black in some cases.
                     THIS WAS THE RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR WESLISH MAGIC.
((Please comment on this page, give suggestions, give opinions, anything you say in the comments will be great. Thank you ~zman513))
                      ((Full Lore for Weslish magic, coming soon. This is just the guidelines))
              ((If this magic is denied, please list things I can do to change/improve this magic to help get it accepted))

You could have formatted this for better reading. :/

Yeah I will make sure to fix that. I copy and pasted this in and it didn't go as well as planned. Thank you for letting me know :)

I think someone could easily powergame this magic, being able to heal major wounds at tier two is a little bit fast.. I think you should maybe change that. It just seems that tier one you are very inexperienced then tier two comes along and you can heal major wounds, it just doesn't seem too possible and a bit quick in my opinion.

I think someone could easily powergame this magic, being able to heal major wounds at tier two is a little bit fast.. I think you should maybe change that. It just seems that tier one you are very inexperienced then tier two comes along and you can heal major wounds, it just doesn't seem too possible and a bit quick in my opinion.

Well, practicing the tiers obviously takes time and is difficult. But I will make sure to slow down the process. The special tiers I even put a warning in saying that it can be powergamed easily and needs to be used at your own risk. But thank you for the suggestion :)

*Notes there is no more tiers due to new magic rules?*

*Notes there is no more tiers due to new magic rules?*

Yeah I know. Tiers can still be used though to make learning the magic realistic and not going crazy and starting from a tier 0 fire mage for example to a tier 4 fire mage. The tier system is a good way to make learning realistic.

So a mix of both clerical healing and war cleric magic under a brand new patron?

So a mix of both clerical healing and war cleric magic under a brand new patron?

uuuhhh yeah, just about. Didn't see it that way but now that a few people have said it I kind of realise that now. But yeah pretty much.

Honestly can't say I'm a fan, while you may ave created the idea not realising its already a based set of subtypes it completely undermines clerical magic by chucking in another thing just like it with a brand new patron when theres already a patron of purity gifting such to people who have the same ideal.

Honestly can't say I'm a fan, while you may ave created the idea not realising its already a based set of subtypes it completely undermines clerical magic by chucking in another thing just like it with a brand new patron when theres already a patron of purity gifting such to people who have the same ideal.

I will probably write a lore page explaining this a little bit better. I've already had this idea for a while and have been getting complaints about using this, so thats why I wrote this. But thank you for reading and stating your opinion.

Honestly I think you'd be better off communicating with us clerics and working it out with us as our magic is a complete replica of yours, we can do pretty much everything you can do in there and have solid lore behind it and RP guidelines, along with such a decentish sized guild and a legitimate patron that actually makes sense I like to think.

Maybe avoid creating a replica of clerical magic and branching away from our alread diminishing numbers and communicate with us so we can both help each other out in the long run?

Edit:: The only difference about your magic is that you just get it, no ups and downs like the creator clerics already out there. They can get away with doing almost anything as a creator cleric yet still keep their holy magic. This seems to be the same here.

As Daniel has stated this lore is essentially a carbon copy of the current holy magic sub-types of Priest Healing and War Cleric put into a single form of magic simply with a much faster progression. The problem being that this currently only states abilities with no reasons why they are there. In this you have created a new Aengul which is something that takes a lot of work an commitment. Currently this lore tells nothing about the Aengul itself and why it gives its powers to mortals and what its own goals are. For an Aengul to give powers it must have its reasons as stated in Lago's lore for them. So before deciding what powers you will gain it is often more help to design the Aengul and then the magic around it rather than the reverse. As of right now I simply see Clerics with a different name and no draw backs. At the end of the day an user of Aengul magic holds no power of their own and is nothing more than a servant in a greater plan. A pawn on the chess board if you will. 

This may seem bias as I hold the Cleric lore rather closely as I have been working with it for so long. Take what I have said with that in mind but if you wish to continue on with this I would suggest trying to make it more unique so that it might provide new role-play to the server rather than adding another name to something that already exists.