The Kaedreni Patriots

Avacyn

Throughout the lands and roads of Oren, a few couriers trot by on their horses, unarmored and unarmed, carrying satchels filled with pamphlets written upon neatly-creased parchment. The riders hold the pamphlets out towards those they pass by, giving the papers to anyone who will take them. Upon breaking the red wax seal stamped with a raven, iconic to House Briarwood, one would read the following.

Dearest reader,

Let it be said, that in the year 1455, the Baron Harrison Briarwood, one of the only remaining trueborn Sons of Kaedrin, has declared his intention to return to his ancestry and bring about a revival of his historical peoples. Long has the Kaedreni culture been lost to the annals of history. The Castle of Ard Kerrack, an overgrown ruin: the Fatherland, a marsh, first inhabited by elf-blood Adunians and now Ruskans: its originators, vanished upon a ship, never to be seen again. Oren has changed since the time of the Chivays, and so must we. Therefore, the Kaedreni Patriots are hereby established.

The Kaedreni Patriots

galahad.jpg

We, the children of Kaedrin, its guardians, most devoted, do pledge ourselves for the name and memory of the Fatherland. Warriors, Archers, Scholars, Artisans, and all Holy Men and Women alike are welcome to join the cause and become a Patriot. We are comrades, siblings in arms, minds, and faith, and our Most Holy Duties are as follows:

- To uphold, safeguard, and preserve the well-being of both the Kaedreni culture and peoples.

- To educate, spread, and enforce the Word of The Creator through all means, though peaceful guidance, instruction, and education must always come first.

- To educate, spread, and enforce the Word of the Holy Patron, Saint Owyn, the first King of Humanity, the Incorruptible, the Original Remover of the Plagus, for His creed is ours to defend.

- To ensure the purity and survival of humanity, the Kaedreni peoples firstly. This includes fighting foreign threats, infidels, splinter factions, and the Ultimate Evil, the Unholy Spookmen of the North.

- To establish, strengthen, and aide the land of Caer Rhoswyn in thriving, as well as defend it.

taQtv4i.jpg

With the completion of Castle Blodwen, the Kaedreni Patriots begin their recruitment. All those who fall under the natures listed above are welcome to join in on our company, for a rather merry time in our band. What you earn, you keep. Your payment is food, lodging, equipment, and once again, whatever you earn out in the field.

The Kaedreni Patriots’ standing on other factions:

- The Jolly Ruskan Band: Hopefully friendly terms, being men and women of God Above, Orthodoxy being a truthful faith.

- The Order of Saint Lucien: Allies, servants to the Church, Grandmaster Jack Rovin an original man of Kaedrin, and his children making up the other trueborn Sons of Kaedrin.

- The Order of Saint Hadrian: Allies, friendly terms with Baron Lorethos. Holy men, fighting for good holy cause.

- Duke Jon Othaman and Vassals: Allies, brothers in arms. The Patriots will come to their aide, and likewise.

- The Decterum: Neutral. Little to no contact.

- The Colins: Heretics that must be purged.

- The Northern Spookmen of the Black Salamander: The Ultimate Evil, humanity’s greatest enemy. Must be slain on sight and stopped at all costs.

I hope to see many new faces at Castle Blodwen in the coming months.

Signed,

Baron Harrison Briarwood, the Son of Kaedrin

The courier asks the reader if they are interested. If so, they present them with four simple questions.

“Name?”

“Age?”

“Race?”

“Skills?”

“Name?”

Young Hubert Brandy

“Age?”

“Race?”
Human

“Skills?”

I was a sell sword for a few years, so I know my way around a sword.

“Name?”

Young Hubert Brandy

“Age?”

“Race?”

Human

“Skills?”

I was a sell sword for a few years, so I know my way around a sword.

The courier hands him another letter.

Welcome to the company, Patriot. I'll see you at Castle Blodwen.

Dion hears word of the patriots and grins, thinking back to his White Rose days before saying, "Glory tah Kaedrin!".

“Name?” Mason Owynson

“Age?” 33

“Race?” Human

“Skills?” Former White Rose

The courier asks the reader if they are interested. If so, they present them with four simple questions.

“Name?”

Ser Alexander "The Pious" Valois

“Age?”

“Race?”

Auvergnian

“Skills?”

Ex Knight Lieutenant, Lord of House Valois- Ally of Kaedrin, partook in 4 crusades.

Capable soldier and officer when requested.

((

- The Colins: Heretics that must be purged.

We love you too

))

“Name?”

Ser Alexander "The Pious" Valois

“Age?”

“Race?”

Auvergnian

“Skills?”

Ex Knight Lieutenant, Lord of House Valois- Ally of Kaedrin, partook in 4 crusades.

Capable soldier and officer when requested.

“Name?” Ashbee Mumford

“Age?” 29

“Race?” Human Southerien

“Skills?”
Ashbee Is skilled in geomancy and uses a broadsword with a bear claw at the bottom, and is an excellent map maker and hunter

The courier asks the reader if they are interested. If so, they present him them with four simple questions.

"Name?"

Sebastian DePeris

"Age?"

"Race?"

Human (French)

"Skills?"

Great in archery, able to run a good distance, enjoys climbing, amazing builders to those around him, high tolerance to pain. I cook up exquisite French meals often and like to work out and body build whenever I get the time.

((Extremely French, have ripped hardcore washboard abs, enjoys fine poetry and literature and loves rap/rapping.

((French culture is referred to as Auvergnian on lotc.))

Joosy Jayhammer sends his regards..........

as the courier approaches the Junk Man, a foul smell emanates from him. His house smells even worse, but he seems of Kaedreni decent.

The Courier asks his name

"Yer wunt me name? Me name es" at that point a tree crashes behind him and the courier doesn't seem to here him "But ta people 'round here call meh Junkman!" he smiles widely.

The Courier asks his age

"Meh age?"the junk man burps, the foul smell adds to he normally putrid smell"'bout 60 o' so"

The Courier asks his race

"I em 'uman o' course!"

The Courier asks the Junkman his skills

"Well I can farm an' figh' an' make clothes. Made meh own clothes!" The rags he calls clothes look... foul. "Er... I alseh know ta 'oly words some whut well. Ragslav taugh' meh sum fings at leas'." 

“Name?” Ashbee Mumford

“Age?” 29

“Race?” Human Southerien

“Skills?” Ashbee Is skilled in geomancy and uses a broadsword with a bear claw at the bottom, and is an excellent map maker and hunter

The courier asks the reader if they are interested. If so, they present him them with four simple questions.

"Name?"

Sebastian DePeris

"Age?"

"Race?"

Human (French)

"Skills?"

Great in archery, able to run a good distance, enjoys climbing, amazing builders to those around him, high tolerance to pain. I cook up exquisite French meals often and like to work out and body build whenever I get the time.

((Extremely French, have ripped hardcore washboard abs, enjoys fine poetry and literature and loves rap/rapping.

as the courier approaches the Junk Man, a foul smell emanates from him. His house smells even worse, but he seems of Kaedreni decent.

The Courier asks his name

"Yer wunt me name? Me name es" at that point a tree crashes behind him and the courier doesn't seem to here him "But ta people 'round here call meh Junkman!" he smiles widely.

The Courier asks his age

"Meh age?"the junk man burps, the foul smell adds to he normally putrid smell"'bout 60 o' so"

The Courier asks his race

"I em 'uman o' course!"

The Courier asks the Junkman his skills

"Well I can farm an' figh' an' make clothes. Made meh own clothes!" The rags he calls clothes look... foul. "Er... I alseh know ta 'oly words some whut well. Ragslav taugh' meh sum fings at leas'." 

The courier hands all three of them another letter.