[Lore] Official Creator Cleric

MamaBearJade

Someone told me that the Creator is RPly dead, but it could just be some lil'kid troliing me..................................

nietzche man

What powers do creator clerics have that tahariel clerics do not? Also, for the reasons I explained, what you dub as "arcane priests" cannot exist. So I'm uncertain exactly from what you broke off of.

nietzche man

What powers do creator clerics have that tahariel clerics do not?

They can connect to the void. Or at least thats what Toov had got accepted. He could use fire evocation and Clerical magic.

this lore is seperating us a little more for those who are giving up much of that and part of our lives/health to have just as much power as the tahariel clerics. Basically we grew from what toov taught.

I can make it so we explain why "Arcane Clerics" aka the clerics who use holy and arcane magic are less powerful than Tah clerics or this specific cleric type under Creator Cleric.

If they can connect to the void, then it can't be a deity-based magic. The only exception to this is Ascended magic, where Aeriel being the Archaengul is powerful enough to transfer power to her followers in such a way that it does not interfere with connecting to the void.

My personal feelings at this point are that this lore provides nothing new to the table and is essentially what is written in the guide with  a new bell and a shiner whistle. I feel for Creator Clerics to continue the Aengul that services them needs to be fleshed out more and have adequate lore associated with it. I would much rather see that than a third branch providing no new roleplay than the Cleric not aging well. If help is needed of any sort I feel I know how the greater beings of LOTC function and can give you a hand there but for now I see this as somewhat remedial. 

Again this is Chaqu's magic lore originally.

We are drawing from a deity for our holy magic. Whether its really the creator or someone pretending to be we dont know.

The magic has been played for a long time and has been accepted. This is explaining why we are able to heal at higher levels that Chaq's original group.

We can make minor connections to the void for things similar to Domestic magic, but that is the extent of it. Why only /we/ can connect to the void and the Tahareil clerics cant, i do not know.

Chaq's lore origianlly has Creator Cleric mixed with Pyromancy. One holy and one void. This was accepted a while back.

I never learned fire magic and only knew of what I have been told.

I am seperating us from the original Creator Clerics to make us strictly healers, not "Cleric Fighters" like tah and "creator paladins".

Guide I followed from day 1 back in july 2013 to present day for all my clerical healing. This also includes the "Creator Clerics" in it as healers.

My personal feelings at this point are that this lore provides nothing new to the table and is essentially what is written in the guide with  a new bell and a shiner whistle. I feel for Creator Clerics to continue the Aengul that services them needs to be fleshed out more and have adequate lore associated with it. I would much rather see that than a third branch providing no new roleplay than the Cleric not aging well. If help is needed of any sort I feel I know how the greater beings of LOTC function and can give you a hand there but for now I see this as somewhat remedial.

I have spoken to Wardog already about how this differs from the original Creator clerics and Tah clerics.

We arent trying to muscle in on anything. We are sacrificing what they originally had (full connection to the void) and our own physical well being to have HEALING that is the same as yours.

You guys are nearly never in Oren lands and oren has Creator Clerics. Taking away what has been roleplayed and understood for many many months/year would be going back on what we have learned and worked hard for.

We arent creating anything majorly different, no. We are explaining why /this/ group of creator clerics can heal just as well as Tah clerics versus the original creator clerics would be stuck at "tier three" clerical healing.

If they can connect to the void, then it can't be a deity-based magic. The only exception to this is Ascended magic, where Aeriel being the Archaengul is powerful enough to transfer power to her followers in such a way that it does not interfere with connecting to the void.

Would you show me the lore that states this exactly?

If this is just defining them what is the issue since now they have used your guide and now they are trying to create their own. When your order have their issues a few known cases of your order breaking the red-lines of the magic.. is it such a large problem if some Cleric/priest worship a different deity and they choose to leave the order to create their own would their unknown Deity really order you to hunt and remove power? would you have to power to do even if they worship another deity?

Again this is Chaqu's magic lore originally.

We are drawing from a deity for our holy magic. Whether its really the creator or someone pretending to be we dont know.

The magic has been played for a long time and has been accepted. This is explaining why we are able to heal at higher levels that Chaq's original group.

We can make minor connections to the void for things similar to Domestic magic, but that is the extent of it. Why only /we/ can connect to the void and the Tahareil clerics cant, i do not know.

Chaq's lore origianlly has Creator Cleric mixed with Pyromancy. One holy and one void. This was accepted a while back.

I never learned fire magic and only knew of what I have been told.

I am seperating us from the original Creator Clerics to make us strictly healers, not "Cleric Fighters" like tah and "creator paladins".

Guide I followed from day 1 back in july 2013 to present day for all my clerical healing. This also includes the "Creator Clerics" in it as healers.

All that is stated in the guide is that priest healing comes from an indefinite source. The priests typically refer to the source as the Creator - that does not mean that there is even an aengudaemon behind priest magic at all. All the lore says is that the source is undefined, not that the identity of the patron is unknown. To me it heavily implies that there is no entity behind it at all: priests just choose to call it the creator.

That rules out it being a deity-based magic, in addition to the fact that they can use void magic. Further, as I explained it does not seem possible to have a void-based healing magic given the fact that you cannot keep summoned matter and energy into the world from the void indefinitely. Being able to use void magic also rules out shamanism, and I'm rather certain that the orcs would not allow you to touch spiritis. There is only one source of magic left: dark magic, which obviously does not work.

Hosper in this guide seems to have avoided this problem by clearly stating that the source of the magic is not known and indefinite. You, however, on insisting that it is deitical in nature, arouse these problems once more. The way I see it: either your source is undefined and you can learn void magic, or your source is a deity and you can't learn void magic.

-snip-

I have no problem with the lore itself. I realize my post may not have made that clear. I find that it is just lacking the most important part of Aengul lore... an Aengul. It is impossible for people to serve the creator directly as you will surely die. It created the void which powers all of the mages with the scrapings of it's powers. To touch into that is simply impossible.

Would you show me the lore that states this exactly?

If this is just defining them what is the issue since now they have used your guide and now they are trying to create their own. When your order have their issues a few known cases of your order breaking the red-lines of the magic.. is it such a large problem if some Cleric/priest worship a different deity and they choose to leave the order to create their own would their unknown Deity really order you to hunt and remove power? would you have to power to do even if they worship another deity?

I can honestly say I do not know what you are talking about for the majority of this... I am promoting them to make another stand alone deity. This is also a sub-division of the lore that is a new concept not defining them. As for pushing red lines I would say it is safe to say that has happened for every magic from Air evo to shamanism. So instead of a near personal attack I might suggest providing a point. 

Well we can say its an unknown source, whether deity or void, as I do not have ANY of Chaq's lore. His magic is already accepted, used, and what not. We call it the Creator and believe we get it. Its under Holy Magic. We arent asking for a full

"HEY WE WANT A NEW MAGIC"

we want a magic that we can use that STRICTLY a healing type. No battle clerics. I /dislike/ clerics that shoot fire balls at people. I dislike war clerics because its guild locked.

We want something of our own that we have been roleplaying for a while that is STRICTLY healing and for those who /believe/ they are getting it from the creator.

If you want to say its some unknown source masked as a Diety, fine. But we are just expanding on something that has been around for a while and explaining WHY we can heal bones and limbs without being snubbed by the Tah clerics.

@ Hosper - Jistuma told me not to worry about the "who" just yet. We were told to get this accepted first. I want us to have some Aengul but we cant until we know that /this/ can get accepted. We want to be able to heal just like you guys, we have been roleplaying it for a long time. We are just as sick of the "firebending evil clerics" as everyone else. This is our way to not only stop being snubbed by your order, OOCly and ICly, but also a way to force people to stop being killer clerics.

I confronted Chaq twice about this. Once a short while after he was accepted into the M.A.T, at which point he explained it more as evocation being used to help heal wounds. I.E. cauterizing wounds with fire and so forth. The second time I was essentially told to **** off by the MAT (at the time he was on the team) and told that he was writing lore to explain how he could be a T5. To be perfectly honest I feel that creator healing should have never existed, but now that it exists I think there is a golden opportunity to make something truly unique out of this.

As for my own unique situation Jistuma, I honestly have no idea what it is anymore. The MAT gave and revoked my magic too many times and I suffered too many lore changes for me to even make sense of that situation anymore, though I've attempted to keep things as logical as possible. In the end I simply just made it work, and so I support the creator clerics trying to make something much more defined. However, I feel that the creator clerics need to have some sort of overarching drive behind their characters, otherwise they're nothing but wandering healers.

we want a magic that we can use that STRICTLY a healing type. No battle clerics. I /dislike/ clerics that shoot fire balls at people. I dislike war clerics because its guild locked..

It's locked for good reason. I highly doubt those whom have their characters practice the dark arts would enjoy a multitude of War-Clerics running about curb-stomping them into pure defeat. 

@ Hosper - Jistuma told me not to worry about the "who" just yet. We were told to get this accepted first. I want us to have some Aengul but we cant until we know that /this/ can get accepted. 

Ahh... sorry  :timorous:  Well carry on then and pretend I was never here XD

I confronted Chaq twice about this. Once a short while after he was accepted into the M.A.T, at which point he explained it more as evocation being used to help heal wounds. I.E. cauterizing wounds with fire and so forth. The second time I was essentially told to **** off by the MAT (at the time he was on the team) and told that he was writing lore to explain how he could be a T5. To be perfectly honest I feel that creator healing should have never existed, but now that it exists I think there is a golden opportunity to make something truly unique out of this.

As for my own unique situation Jistuma, I honestly have no idea what it is anymore. The MAT gave and revoked my magic too many times and I suffered too many lore changes for me to even make sense of that situation anymore, though I've attempted to keep things as logical as possible. In the end I simply just made it work, and so I support the creator clerics trying to make something much more defined. However, I feel that the creator clerics need to have some sort of overarching drive behind their characters, otherwise they're nothing but wandering healers.

Thats what we are doing now. I have perfect reason as to why Chaq's paladin clerics can only be T3 at healing where as ours who we have been roleplaying now for nearly a year, would be able to heal whole limbs. If we are giving up our connection to the void (apart from those minor spells) and our own LIFE FORCE, we would be actual healers, not tah clerics or creator clerics. We are trying to create an order to this nonsense. I am prepared to write the lore for "Paladin Clerics" if that is what you wish to explain why they should not be able to heal at higher levels.