Ghost Roleplay Idea : Possession

Demotheus

So on Golden apples. i did some research and it seems you're right. Though there were two types that were around. The first. Which was from a tree in Asulon. The other is made with alchemy. The one you speak of is coated with Arcarum. Or better known as magegold. Either way one looks at it. They're still consuming a small amount of would have close resemblances to actual gold. Both links I'll place below for further examining if you wish to. As for gold dust just being a ward, ghosts are affected the same by gold in any of its forms. Powder. Liquid or solid. It still carries the same effects on our ghostly pals floating about the Fringe. It still causes a ghost to de-manifest if gold is brought into contact with them for a certain period of time. Or if the gold they're in contact with, is in a great enough amount. Even if gold was to be placed against the body of the victim of who's possessed may have a slight effect on the ghost housed inside of them.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/70848-lore-golden-apple/?hl=%20golden%20%20apple

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/98439-alchemical-arcarum-apples/

So on Golden apples. i did some research and it seems you're right. Though there were two types that were around. The first. Which was from a tree in Asulon. The other is made with alchemy. The one you speak of is coated with Arcarum. Or better known as magegold. Either way one looks at it. They're still consuming a small amount of would have close resemblances to actual gold. Both links I'll place below for further examining if you wish to. As for gold dust just being a ward, ghosts are affected the same by gold in any of its forms. Powder. Liquid or solid. It still carries the same effects on our ghostly pals floating about the Fringe. It still causes a ghost to de-manifest if gold is brought into contact with them for a certain period of time. Or if the gold they're in contact with, is in a great enough amount. Even if gold was to be placed against the body of the victim of who's possessed may have a slight effect on the ghost housed inside of them.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/70848-lore-golden-apple/?hl=%20golden%20%20apple

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/98439-alchemical-arcarum-apples/

I suppose if one 'bathes' in gold for long enough it would soak into their pores and start to have an affect on them over time, which would likely make the ghost not want to stick around any longer. but just rubbing gold on your skin would irritate at worst.

Bathing in gold could be an option. But not to look too into it. Maybe just wearing a suit of golden armor, or going way overboard on wearing jewelry could do the trick on keeping the spooky ghosts out. A lot of good ideas to make it so the player themselves have the ability to knock a ghost out if they have the mind and knowledge of how so. Otherwise. The individual would most likely be a confused mess over the whole thing. 

Bathing in gold could be an option. But not to look too into it. Maybe just wearing a suit of golden armor, or going way overboard on wearing jewelry could do the trick on keeping the spooky ghosts out. A lot of good ideas to make it so the player themselves have the ability to knock a ghost out if they have the mind and knowledge of how so. Otherwise. The individual would most likely be a confused mess over the whole thing. 

Well, wearing an assortment of excessive golden jewelry would be like garlic to a ghost. It's not going anywhere near you, since they'd have to pass through the gold to get into the host in the first place, not pleasant. xP Possession prevention method right there.

How exactly do you propose something like this could be role-played? Does the victim have to (OOCly, at least) consent? Then what, does the ghost just tag around with them 24/7 pretending to not be there? Are both the ghost and victim then rendered incapable of role-playing when the other party isn't present?

Because I have a few issues with that.

How exactly do you propose something like this could be role-played? Does the victim have to (OOCly, at least) consent? Then what, does the ghost just tag around with them 24/7 pretending to not be there? Are both the ghost and victim then rendered incapable of role-playing when the other party isn't present?

Because I have a few issues with that.

Good questions.

Well, yes. The victim would OOcly consent, obviously. Another twist is that they can consent ICly - in the case of the rare clos erelationships ghosts can have with a few mortals - usually loved ones from a past life, to 'hide'. That's just a random extra idea i came up with.

The ghost does not have to stay in the host forever, but while it's there (it can be a long time depending on the circumstances) tag around as you say. Possession is not meant to be a particularly long winded thing. There'd be plenty of different possible reasons to possess someone. Protection. causing misery. Trying to force someone to do your bidding via ghostly cohersion, etc. 

The ghost would be rendered incapable of role playing when the other party isn't present, probably yes, unless I can think of a way to get around that. it's 6am for me right now no sleep, so unlikely for a little bit. The victim can RP just fine without the ghost present, though.

They woudl simply emote the constant chills, on edge, clammy, etc. It'd be like the ghost is 'sleeping', almost. 

I don't believe ghosts or any of the sub-species of ghosts would be capable of doing this, let alone produce any of this possession in question's respective side-effects. They're mana. Theres no driving force behind them -- if they were entities with some kind of lifeforce or a viable capability to physically interact with the world, I'm sure this could work, but they're not. What they're capable of doing now is enough for ghosts. If more is desired, perhaps becoming a Graven may suit your needs?

Also, I'm sure that gold in any form is capable of scaring (emphasize) and/or warding ghosts away, whether or not said gold is displayed in a line before a doorway or forged into a weapon. If you threw a golden ingot at a ghost, that would effect them as outright as it is.

I don't believe ghosts or any of the sub-species of ghosts would be capable of doing this, let alone produce any of this possession in question's respective side-effects. They're mana. Theres no driving force behind them -- if they were entities with some kind of lifeforce or a viable capability to physically interact with the world, I'm sure this could work, but they're not. What they're capable of doing now is enough for ghosts. If more is desired, perhaps becoming a Graven may suit your needs?

Also, I'm sure that gold in any form is capable of scaring (emphasize) and/or warding ghosts away, whether or not said gold is displayed in a line before a doorway or forged into a weapon. If you threw a golden ingot at a ghost, that would effect them as outright as it is.

Ghosts CAN interact with the physical world in various ways. Throwing objects, scratching people, clawing, etc. They're a soul and mana, essentially. 

Yes, and that's what I meant by "What they're capable of doing now is enough for ghosts."