Azure Origins: Mali'fenn [Proposal]

Supremacy

Azure Origins

soul_gems_by_velvetredbullet-d5bovrz.jpg

((VelvetRedBullet, Deviantart))

The high elves who followed Larihei being a prime example of this. Their golden pools of magegold dust changing their form over centuries, they became colder and more calculated: They became the mali'aheral.

In a similar way the mali'fenn came into existence in our world. From distant and unknown lands the first elves came to arrive in Anthos a century before the descendants ventured forth from Asulon. They were few in number, barely more than seven, and unfortunate enough to make landfall in the bitter north of the continent. It was this place that became their home in an obscure bay with an unusually high concentration of Thanium ore. For five years the elves dwelled here, unaware of the ore beneath their very feet.

The elves which landed here became fishermen, for the land was unworkable. Day by day they made their way to sea where they fished for their catch. But on one unfortunate day, the winds howled and sea rocked their ship, pushing them from the bay these elves had called home. They were pushed along the coast and into a second bay where they fled from their ailing vessel into a nearby cave: By chance the home of a hot spring.

Yet for these elves on this day, fate was not to be so kind. As the seven elves did descend into the hot springs to warm their aching bones the earth around them shifted. Thanium above them fell into the warm waters in such quantity the waters froze at such speed the elves could not escape. Their bodies trapped within the ice— For any mere elf this was death. But these near snow elves had been shaped by Thanium for five years... And for a century more they would be shaped. Frozen helplessly in the ice, their lives preserved only by the Thanium they had been exposed to in the past. Their characteristics shaped by the thanium they were trapped next to... Until one day... By chance... The ice shifted, the ice thawed and the elves were free...

It is because of this mali'fenn can tolerate consumption of small amounts of Thannic ore and can handle relatively small amounts so long as they do not hold it for more than a few minutes at a time. Excessive exposure or consumption of more than a few grams will lead to the usual implications.

((OOC Note: No this doesn't legitimise them as a subrace, it just gives them a potential interesting origin story)).

Interesting.. I would say this would suit as a fine replacement.

It would thus make sense for them to have a resistance (not immunity though) to thanhium's toxic effects. A lot of Snow Elven tech can actually be explained quite well with thanhium too.

Ehhh, pretty good Supremacy. I think this is a good way to explain their resistance to Thanium Ore but for the most part we have lore over our general history.

I approve of this, it's really solid. The lore I wrote was really just to help things along, but this would more than easily replace it, although it would restrict the total number of Snow Elves, would it not?

I approve of this, it's really solid. The lore I wrote was really just to help things along, but this would more than easily replace it, although it would restrict the total number of Snow Elves, would it not?

More can unthaw, no?