[W.i.p] Boon Of Tesion: The Destroyer Of Ghosts And The Prayer Answered.

excited

blue_energy_by_totalsruss-ebe.jpg

The Boon of the path of the Tesion
Patron: Tesion
Arch-Type: Holy

Lore:
As time went on, Setherien's power grew, and finally shrank as the dragaar met his demise from the hoards of the descendants seeking vengeance on the dragaar who causes them to flee to the Fringe in hope of escape, only to find him swiftly follow after tail, in an attempt to get something he wished. Quickly met with resistance, he fell, power diminished as he sank into his sleep, returning to the all-father, the Creator's realm for the dead wherever it may be. Yet, even darker creatures yet remain, as less are prepared to fight a new dark due to the illusion of peace, the fight between balance left at standstill, the aengul Tesion finally felt pain in the prayers of his victims, those who preyed before meeting doom from evil, cultists of Iblees or the Draagar now dead, and even dread-knights and other evils prying on the week and murdering the just, all in name of sin and dark lust and goals and dreams, and for what purpose? At this thought, the aengul finally would make his provision, he would aid the descendants, he would not be left embarrassed that Tahariae and Aeriel had already joined the new fight, it is then that the new sorcerers were reawakened to put the damned to rest. 
Now, to commit themselves to the unraveling of this sorcerery and the ending of the ghosts.
Basic principal:

When people roam, imagine the air, people breathe and exhale, but with this is energy. Energy within the air is way harder to grasp, and costs more of the users mana to draw 'Soul' or the 'Energy' from it. This 'soul' is a matter of speaking, and though souls do exist, it exists in what's important and belongs to people, what they nurtured and cared for. Upon giving something importance can one unknowingly store energy within it, for example a knight uses his broadsword a lot, as he uses it he forms a bond with it, yes, it's non-living, and the knight knows so, but he unknowingly stores energy in it. Depending on how important a item is to someone, it can or cannot be drawn, this is to say that say, a blade of grass, unless it's got no importance to most, except druids and farmers, but since it's living, you cannot draw from it. Living things cannot be drawn from, because if one were to do so they'd kill themselves from mana exhaustion, to draw from living things one must find a necromancer to teach them the evil dark-arts form of this manipulation of energy.

More on souls as a 'energy': 
Something being a soul, is a misconception. It isn't a a true soul, merely the energy behind it fueling it. Once someone finds something they love, but not metaphorically of course, we don't want people drawing energy from words, it'd kill the user as well do to the amount of conflicting emotion. When something's important to someone, their soul gets bound to it philotically, the twining interloping with the item or thing, to the point that it's a part of their soul. Naturally, if the person dies, it no longer has meaning. 

Abilities of the caster:
- Casting a bluish energy one can use to fight spirits or dark-creatures, anything evil, but not descendant race unless they have a dark patron/serve a evil higher being (Iblees/Setherien/Antagonist)
- Able manipulation of this energy, offensive or healing.
- One is able to heal people, but not purify them, as this is a different patron then Tahariae.
- The healing is quite limited, one can only do it when the person has something of importance their soul is bound to, once they do so, the item will shatter.
- Repairing objects, a rare talent of the holy-caster which may not work at first do to the amount of energy necessary. 
- The energy does not hurt corporeal creatures as much as it does to ghosts, anything evil that's not corporeal will feel the wrath, but corporeal creatures may not be wounded as bad, even if they are much more evil, the damage to ethereal creatures is much more damaging.

- Banishment, PK, using the energy in your arsenal, you can permanently destroy a ethereal creature. [Needs OOC consent]
- Able to manipulate philotic twines into a personal creation of a shape or conjuration of a ethereal being to temporarily use to engage in combat with a spirit or ghost. 
Red-Lines:
- Repairing without struggle, repairing is a powerful thing in the arsenal, and may not be learnt until you've passed the basics of the circle. 
- Holy magic conflicts with arcane magic, to become a sorcerer of this ability you must give up arcane magic.
- This is a rp ability, and gives you no leverage in pvp, nor magic-plugin spells.
- Healing broken bones, and casting the boon of Tesion without being taught by a master is illogical, you could hurt yourself more and perhaps even destroy yourself in an attempt. But rare cases may indeed work. (depends on L.T standing on the whole locked magic thing.)
- You are unable to harm innocents, not even if your character believes them evil. 
- Purifying taint is not one of our abilities, if you wish this wider choice of magic, join the Clerical Order, whom serve under the patron of Tahariae. 
- Healing extreme wounds isn't possible fully, you'll need to as well have good alchemical and doctor abilities, since Tesion's Touch requires lots of energy just to heal small cuts and stab wounds.

Circle of the Blessed

The circle are the members of this group, they are anything from masters to preachers and even to dark-creature hunters, they are all people of the group, and always ask each others consent for what they do, preparing and planning for the time when they may be needed to fight Dread Knights, Wraiths, and other horrific creatures that dwell through a dark evil way. Exterminators of the damned, their magic is fueled by Tesion, who finally answering the prayers of the descendants, opened his way for them to fight back the menacing spirits, wraiths, and dread knights upon Setherien's demise. A sect of clerics praising Tesion, they also seek to defeat the menace and upcoming evils following the death of the foul Dragaar Setherien. 

OOC:
[[ A lot of the variety in clerical magic is gone, and I thought that it may be fun to open something new and collect a paladin class into a group focused around extreme termination of these creatures, selectively targeting them. From a IC standpoint, Tesion is jealous of Tahariae and wishes to out-do him, though he has provides a more different boon, since we summon blue energy to fight ethereal creatures. One's blue energy is drawn from things that have meaning, by first drawing from Tesion and using the energy to draw more energy from something with residues of energy from philotic twining by a person's soul, where energy is left behind. If the person dies, so does their philotic twines to objects around them. We also have a minor healing skill which isn't too much, and to be effective means we need to practice medicine and such outside the magic as well. And then we can repair items with our abilities, which is something learned later on. Like normal clerics, we're unable to harm the innocent, even if we believe them guilty.]]

I am blind and am having a lot of trouble with the color. Can it be changed?

Ehh, sure. 

A little confused by the writing. What does this magic precisely do?

Blue energy for hunting dark creatures. Minor healing ability, and repairing broken objects, manipulating energy caused by a 'philotic twine'. When someone is connected to something part of their soul attaches, giving it meaning. 

Blue energy for hunting dark creatures. Minor healing ability, and repairing broken objects, manipulating energy caused by a 'philotic twine'. When someone is connected to something part of their soul attaches, giving it meaning. 

Basically War Clerics.

Basically War Clerics.

Read the War-Cleric lore, there's a major difference. 

So basically another patron who hunts down bad guys cause people can't have war cleric themselves?

I still see very little difference between this and War-Cleric magic when it will see use. It will simply be blue energy fighting evil beings instead of gold or white light. To me this seems like it is a regular cleric who has stopped practicing healing to pursue being a blacksmith. 

So basically another patron who hunts down bad guys cause people can't have war cleric themselves?

Nice to see nobody sees the point of this thread, not at all, but thanks for your accusation. If you people have something constructive to say, do so, don't be an ass and start claiming people are doing things they're not just because they've done something you don't like. Please, I only want criticism that politely tells me what I need to change or add. 

@Hosper, yours is the only constructive one I've seen, thanks for answering, but I really do wish to know what I can do to make the lore better. Having another sect of clerics wouldn't hurt anybody, and it'd create fun role-play. Sorcerers have a less wide range of power, though how they use the power is very different, the the blue energy doesn't hurt corporeal beings as much as it does to ethereal ones. If you wish to chat about this, we can do some pms or in a text on Skype, I really do want good feedback that's not just 'you're doing this wrong' because that's an opinion, this magic is a lot different then war-cleric, though it will likely have a couple similarities. 

@Lago, that's part of the reason I tried to start brainstorming, I personally think I'd want to open a clerical sect like this in 4.0, though it's more about hunting down evil spirits, we're not focused on cultists, but spirits, and ghosts. If we see other things which are soul-bound and not corporeal, we go to destroy it. Lore wise I mean.

I know it sounds silly, but I just want to make something unique, but nowadays when people have the courage to put something they wrote onto a lore forum on the internet so they can have some fun in-game, it will get shot down, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes not. If more knowledge is needed on the aengul Tesion I'd be fine to start writing some up since there's little on the wiki an Ptah told me that he's not really persay a lore-involved real aengudaemon. (on this lore I mean, if it's accepted then perhaps Tesion can be a new patron?)

Is there any particular reason your angel has to be incompatible with ours? It would do better for condensing RP if he was merely an accepted patron of the Order, although that would make your stated goal a wee bit more difficult.

Is there any particular reason your angel has to be incompatible with ours? It would do better for condensing RP if he was merely an accepted patron of the Order, although that would make your stated goal a wee bit more difficult.

It's not incompatible, in fact, I was going to make this part of the clerical order in 4.0, a sect more around busting ghosts and rogue spirits and mending things through the philotic twining. Think of it that Tesion doesn't want to look lazy while Tahariae is flowing through work swiftly, considering he's the aengul of prayer, while Tahariae's the one of purity. It's the same order form of thing, with a sect with a more different set of abilities! And, this is also lore for the aengul, I'm still writing about Tesion at the very moment!