[Wip][Poll Added][Lore Concept Only] Aranha, The Spider's Curse.

Cyndikate

Aranha lore  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this lore implemented in game?

• Yes [Explain why]
    • No. [Explain why]
  2. 2. What do you think the Aranha's spider should look like?

• A normal spider
    • Quelaag. Woman fused with Spider. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJXSDIA0Xo
  3. 3. Should Aranha taint only be cleansed with OOC Permission?

• Yes [ Explain why]
    • No [ Explain why]
    • I don't care.

I have to ask this, now that I thought about it.

Is this intended to be a magic? Or is intended to be a curse that changes someone? I'm confused. 

I feel like it changes your body and such more than it is magical. The means and cause may be magical, but otherwise, i'm not sure.

I have to ask this, now that I thought about it.

Is this intended to be a magic? Or is intended to be a curse that changes someone? I'm confused.

I feel like it changes your body and such more than it is magical. The means and cause may be magical, but otherwise, i'm not sure.

It's meant to be a curse mostly, the magic is meant to be a minor bonus.

It's meant to be a curse mostly, the magic is meant to be a minor bonus.

this could very well be some form of magical creature, then. Perhaps classify it under that, similar to Frost witches and (I think) shades?

this could very well be some form of magical creature, then. Perhaps classify it under that, similar to Frost witches and (I think) shades?

You're right. I should. I also might need to flesh the creature bit a little more.

Over-reading the lore again, I must say I do like the concept of it. Seems like a good player or ET character depending on what it is.

+1

Server needs a bit more fantasy anyway.

Indeed it does, and after looking at the Quelaag. I begin to think about something.

What should spiderform look like? A regular spider or a Quelag? Because IMO, the Quelaag looks pretty cool.

Adding a poll

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be lame but actually this is pretty neat, I like it! Definitely has the potential to create some fun roleplay.

+1

What if you're a Mori'Quessir, one of the few still remaining (such as myself), who already have literally spider blood in them - as per the lore?

Didnt serenityonyx and the staff both say in 2.0 that no mori are to survive/exist in 3.0?

After confirmation from Serenityonyx, Mori are NOT allowed to be played anymore under any circumstances. For this reason, Demotheus, as I respect her decision, I cannot give you the Aranha when it gets approved, because that would mean essentially giving the curse to a character that isn't supposed to be played. In addition to this, the lore will be completely seperate from the Mori.

http://gyazo.com/a82ff646b12d625b2044d4b818e481da

And now the lore is being written as we speak. I do like the Quelaag look of spider form, and if I decide to use it, Spider form will recieve some small buffs to it since it is essentially a human attached to a spider's body.

Any ideas from the playerbase would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to see the Aranha shine when it gets approved.

After confirmation from Serenityonyx, Mori are NOT allowed to be played anymore under any circumstances. For this reason, Demotheus, as I respect her decision, I cannot give you the Aranha when it gets approved, because that would mean essentially giving the curse to a character that isn't supposed to be played. In addition to this, the lore will be completely seperate from the Mori.

http://gyazo.com/a82ff646b12d625b2044d4b818e481da

And now the lore is being written as we speak. I do like the Quelaag look of spider form, and if I decide to use it, Spider form will recieve some small buffs to it since it is essentially a human attached to a spider's body.

Any ideas from the playerbase would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to see the Aranha shine when it gets approved.

Yeah those that were IN the city when it happened, less bullshit and more logic. There are survivors as a few were cast out from the caves before the collapse, that is role-play and no OOC has power over role-play there. The characters are legit and if they were cast out before the collapse then how would they simply stop to exist? Sorry but it's not near solid and less ruin people fun please.

Yeah those that were IN the city when it happened, less bullshit and more logic. There are survivors as a few were cast out from the caves before the collapse, that is role-play and no OOC has power over role-play there. The characters are legit and if they were cast out before the collapse then how would they simply stop to exist? Sorry but it's not near solid and less ruin people fun please.

Basically, yeah. Either way, if Serenity doesn't want Nemiisae to be used in this than it shouldn't be used in it. That's all it really boils down to.

I'm sorry, but what Serenity says goes. As it is her lore, her race. This isn't my decision, and I don't have any control over this. I'm simply respecting boundaries.

I'm sorry, but what Serenity says goes. As it is her lore, her race. This isn't my decision, and I don't have any control over this. I'm simply respecting boundaries.

So long as you don't try to enforce the "mori can't be played anymore" thing because it doesn't make sense in RP and I've talked with Serenity a while ago as well, and she said it's fine to play my character. She just doesn't want people to try to start the whole thing up again.

Here is some more stuff I've written for the Aranha. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. I've added interaction with Aranha and holy beings, covens and fertility.

A poll will be added regarding Aranha and Cleric interaction.

Aranha and holy beings

The Aranha is a tainted creature. Clerical or Holy figures can detect taint the same way they can any taint. Until I get confirmation from someone knowledgeable in clerics. Only Itharel and Ascended can detect the Aranha's taint. There has been conflicting stories about whether or not regular war clerics can sense taint from people. But since the Aranha is a creature of instinct, it knows what it can and cannot best, one of which is holy beings. Just as clerics being able to detect taint, Aranha can detect the presence of holy beings and objects and the instinct is very aversive to them. They prefer not to deal with them unless cornered. The instinct fears holy things. The instinct will drive the Aranha into avoiding them or getting away from them. The Aranha’s spiders are especially apprehensive of clerical beings and any orders given to them under holy presence, or orders involving areas around holy presence are not guaranteed. However, the Aranha’s spiders are always prepared to defend their mother, even at the cost of their life. Killing a cleric is still a possibility, but the Aranha’s instinct wants nothing to do with clerics.

Anything with holy affiliation will harm them and depending on the stage can cause severe consequences. This includes suppressing the taint to the point where their abilities either significantly weaken or not be used at all. Killing the spiders with ease. Only for the first 3 to 4 weeks of being cursed will the Aranha taint would be removed completely upon thorough and long amounts of cleansing.. Upon each  later stage of progression, cleansing becomes progressively harder to pull off and would require either more clerics in number, or less but much more skilled clerics. Cleansing should be a difficult and tedious process depending on the stage, not something as simple as touching an Aranha with a hand of holy fire. Failing a cleansing attempt could kill them or weaken their taint. [Perhaps require OOC permission to remove taint?]

After stage 4, cleansing would prove impossible, and all attempts would potentially kill her, or at the very least weaken her powers for 3 RL days, and suppressing the Aranha’s instinct. This includes holy magic being able to weaken her spider form and easily supressing it, causing it to regress back to her human form.

Need your view!

I have a feeing that some players out there wish to OOCly keep their taint if it changes their character and affects their development. I wish to respect that. My question to you, and it will be added to the poll is,

Should holy beings only cleanse tainted Aranhas with OOC permission? Why or Why not?

Aranha’s and pregnancy.

Once they reach the 2nd stage of the curse, the Aranha’s fertility weakens on both Males and females. For example, a human Aranha would have the fertility rate of an Elf, and an Elven Aranha would have a significantly weakened fertility rate. Even during the rare chances of pregnancy, the child would have a 25% chance each stage of pregnancy [i.e Trimester] to survive. Chances of Miscarriage and stillbirth would prove very high. If the baby manages to survive the difficult stages, he may be born an Aranha, but with mental or physical defects. The baby would also be infertile and be unable to produce children. The Aranha’s taint won’t be in effect until the child’s 7th birthday, which holy beings have plenty of time to cleanse it off.

However, if the victim is already pregnant upon being cursed, she stands a good chance of dying from the curse’s illness, and the baby even greater chance. If she or any other immunocompromised character dies from the taint, they lose it permanently.