[Wip][Poll Added][Lore Concept Only] Aranha, The Spider's Curse.

Cyndikate

Aranha lore  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this lore implemented in game?

• Yes [Explain why]
    • No. [Explain why]
  2. 2. What do you think the Aranha's spider should look like?

• A normal spider
    • Quelaag. Woman fused with Spider. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJXSDIA0Xo
  3. 3. Should Aranha taint only be cleansed with OOC Permission?

• Yes [ Explain why]
    • No [ Explain why]
    • I don't care.

Necromancy and mana draining? Nah.

Necromancy and mana draining? Nah.

I'd like to know what issue you have with them. Necromancers compared to Aranha's can pull their ability off much more safely than the Aranha, while the Aranha has to put herself in a vulnerable position to pull it off, which is close range.

If I could make a quick suggestion, remove life-drain.

The reason why, is since mana is within all living things, not only mages- so if through the bite as you've listed can drain mana, it leaves the individual to be weakened not only mentally but physically making it hardly ever a option to fight back, with this in place you can remove life-drain since that is all that it really is, similar affects though life-drain has potential to kill the victim. Where mana draining does not.

Now with this a added Pro.

Pros: 

-Not taking life-drain from necromancy.

-Having your own mana drain.

-Spiders bite=Painful + Mana Drain.

Cons:

-Can be interrupted more easily.

-People have a fighting chance.

-Enhance of role play potential!

--

The way I am thinking of this, is giving the player the potential to counter said bite, to give this a added weakness though also a unique possibility.

--

• Life Force Drain[?]

Draining life-force is the act of Necromancy. You would have to speak with Geo, I'll refer him to this thread.

Alright, after some minor consideration. Life force drain will be removed. Not because it is ripped off of necromancy, but because the Aranha already has tools that essentially does the same thing.

Instead, the Aranha's saliva would cause a breakdown in her victims muscle tissue and inner organs, dissolving them into a juice and allowing the Aranha to suck up such fluids from her victims effectively draining them of every bit of life they have left, replenishing the Aranha's vitality and eventually killing her victim as a result.

The victim will at first be paralyzed at the site of the bite, quickly spreading from organ to organ and dissolving the tissues, leaving them disabled where muscle is breaking down.

This is basically what spiders do to devour their prey and it may sound a bit strong. Remember the Aranha needs to be in close range to pull it off and the victim needs to stay vigilant and avoid getting hit in order to be safe.

Mana drain is still there, but it's not as deadly as the juicing.

New ability added

Warging - Similar to the ability in GoT, warging is the act of entering the mind of the spiders and sharing their visions, and even controlling their actions.

The Aranha always knows where her spiders are, but she cannot always see what they're doing. So she uses her abilities to share their visions, but controlling them can be somewhat draining.

When the Aranha sleeps, she gets visions of her Spiders perspective via her dreams, but she can't control it.

The Aranha can only warg one spider at a time.

Advancing on my prior point, I believe this magic type despite the changes is still a bit everywhere. It has little bits of everything, necromancy (Before removal), alteration/fi (Mana draining) etc. It needs to just be refined down imo, make it do specific things that cannot already be done with other magic types. 

While an interesting concept, i find little reason this should be added.

First off, you are making something that is allowed to hunt/kill as you please. We have enough of that already.

Secondly, unless I am reading it wrong. You can turn into a spider? Isnt that a druid thing?

Thirdly, "Being able to know the locations of your spider" seems a bit easy for metagaming.

And the last point, not something in your lore but what you said.

"for now I wish to be the only Aranha until the lore begins to make enough presence and lore wise it would ICly take months to get the ability to spread the Aranha."

This is a horrible mindset to have. It really is. It comes off as "I want to be the only special character for as long as possible".

This is a horrible mindset to have. It really is. It comes off as "I want to be the only special character for as long as possible".

This isn't about me being special. I want the Aranha to be done right. She needs enough presence made enough for me to pass it on to other players. The roleplay needs to be fleshed out enough so I can actually guide players in the future. I actually need to kick start it and go out and RP first. It takes one player to make a mistake that could ultimately tarnish whatever presence the Aranha makes.

As for the killing part, it has to be done wisely and sparingly. Too much wonton killing will result in being locked out of cities and ultimately deprived of RP until you make a new character. If anything, the constant need to hunt is actually a huge flaw. Failure to control such crazed urges to kill will result in IC consequences, so the player has to be extremely careful.

Warging is not fully fleshed out yet and as I'm aware that it's prone to abuse and has potential for metagaming, I plan to have severe limits to it. I just decided to add warging to it because it would make sense to put it in there, emphasizing how Aranha and spider work together. Warging is only exclusive to the small spiders as they are much more mobile, and this ability compensates for their size, frailty and their limited lifespan and traveling distance.

In addition to this, I would like to make the Aranha viable and useful outside of combat.

Alright, after some minor consideration. Life force drain will be removed. Not because it is ripped off of necromancy, but because the Aranha already has tools that essentially does the same thing.

Instead, the Aranha's saliva would cause a breakdown in her victims muscle tissue and inner organs, dissolving them into a juice and allowing the Aranha to suck up such fluids from her victims effectively draining them of every bit of life they have left, replenishing the Aranha's vitality and eventually killing her victim as a result.

The victim will at first be paralyzed at the site of the bite, quickly spreading from organ to organ and dissolving the tissues, leaving them disabled where muscle is breaking down.

This is basically what spiders do to devour their prey and it may sound a bit strong. Remember the Aranha needs to be in close range to pull it off and the victim needs to stay vigilant and avoid getting hit in order to be safe.

I'd just like to note that you'd need a LOT of saliva to break down a person from the inside like that, which  means holding the bite for quite some time. At least a minute or so, before they start to /really/ die. 

Exactly. She needs to latch on to her victims long enough for the venom to take full effect.

So would an Aranha be comparable to Quelaag from the Dark souls series? (Sorry I'm just trying to think how it would look...?) Regardless, sounds interesting. It'd be nice to see paralysis poisons affecting people before they get murdered.  

Wolves will represent the Aranha's spiders.

It's looking like the techs are going to remove or heavily limit wolves and wolf numbers.

It's looking like the techs are going to remove or heavily limit wolves and wolf numbers.

They will still be on the server, just be limited and harder to breed. Besides an Aranha would only need 2 wolves anyway.

So would an Aranha be comparable to Quelaag from the Dark souls series? (Sorry I'm just trying to think how it would look...?) Regardless, sounds interesting. It'd be nice to see paralysis poisons affecting people before they get murdered.  

I haven't got a chance to play Dark Souls, but I will look into this Quelag.

They will still be on the server, just be limited and harder to breed. Besides an Aranha would only need 2 wolves anyway.

I haven't got a chance to play Dark Souls, but I will look into this Quelag.

chaos-witch-quelaag-large.jpg

Advancing on my prior point, I believe this magic type despite the changes is still a bit everywhere. It has little bits of everything, necromancy (Before removal), alteration/fi (Mana draining) etc. It needs to just be refined down imo, make it do specific things that cannot already be done with other magic types.

Name all of the things that qualify as everything. As the Aranha is designed to do only two things, hunt, and support allies in battle.

Unfortunately, there will always be similarities between two different subtypes. It's a natural thing.