[Lore] When Ghosts Get The Munchies

cman64

Many may wonder as to how these spectral beings continue to thrive, despite being conscious energy within another plane of existence. Many do not realize what challenges face these spirits, and what they must do in order to survive.

Your average spirit contains enough energy to supply itself with many years of strength and life (or should I say death). However, if this spirit has found its abilities and powers, the energy will be sapped as quickly as it can be regenerated.  Yes, a spirit can regenerate itself and use that as its thriving source. The only issue is that it may not regenerate fast enough. What I have noticed is that the older the spirit, the slower the regeneration. This is due merely by the fact that the spirit can wear itself out without the proper “nourishment”. This will result in a lack of power and can limit what the spirit can do.

However, my research concludes another source of this energy. These “beings” can suck the energy out of our existing plane. You may see ghosts, poltergeists, or even graven chow down on the life surrounding them. They suck out the remaining energy within the plane, and this reduces the overall temperature within the small surrounding atmosphere. It is the source to the chilled feeling one may get when interacting with the spectral species.

I would like to note that this also explains how many supernatural encounters result in these chilled settings, deceased or decayed life, or even an entire area reduced to nothing but a barren waste from spirits consuming their much needed energy.

On the account of Graven, their survival and need for energy is not dependant upon the life surrounding them. The Graven do suck out the life as a drug which gives them a quick and volatile boost to energy as suika to elves, rather than as a primary energy source, and can become highly addictive if conducted repeatedly. Furthermore, a new kind which has been fast appearing seems to emit heat rather than cold. The reasons for this are vastly unknown.

-Anonymous researcher

((This is to cover up the idea of us ghosts eating the food mortals eat))

Great lore, but accorrding to what you wrote what is stopping a ghost from essentialy slowly draining the life out of someone, in which this feeding would be abused, maybe add something that they can't feed off from beings or life forms with a soul, or if ghosts can feed on people make it so they can easily fight back, and etc. Just an idea.

Great lore, but accorrding to what you wrote what is stopping a ghost from essentialy slowly draining the life out of someone, in which this feeding would be abused, maybe add something that they can't feed off from beings or life forms with a soul, or if ghosts can feed on people make it so they can easily fight back, and etc. Just an idea.

Me and him made this lore together, so lemme clarify.

This is merely an RP explanation for why ghosts a) have chilly auras, and b) why they eat MC food.

Trying to use it as an attack would be ridiculously slow. As in, you'd have to be latched onto a mortal for a LONG time (a month IRL?) so really, it's red-lined already.

So basically plant matter and dead organic matter ONLY.

Could also add them to Nexus as unable to deal damage, invunerable to anything but gold weaponary and don't need to eat.

Could also add them to Nexus as unable to deal damage, invunerable to anything but gold weaponary and don't need to eat.

And Graven? Might as well leave it, or help us all. :/ Unless, of course, you want me writing up yet another lore post explaining why we're able to walk in full sunlight, not demanifest from gold, etc, etc again.