The Dark Brotherhood

fatwampa

The Dark Brotherhood

((No longer recruiting from this thread))

The Lore

This ancient brotherhood hails back to an era before most humans living now were born. Back when violence and hate were the only way of survival. When the creatures of Aegis hunted each other down with disturbing efficiency. Before kindness and decency were valued or respected. This is where it came from...

What the wise now call evil.

What is evil? The wise have created a term that needs explaining. Is their god evil? They say he is not. Are the Ascended evil? Many would argue that they are in fact the wise. How does one define evil? Does one have to kill? Or steal? Or perhaps one has to enslave the weak...

So are the kings of Aegis evil?

The Brotherhood

The Dark Brotherhood rises out of the dark shadows of chaos. Did they create the chaos? Does it matter? They protect their own. They disregard the kings and lords of the land. They eliminate opposition. If an enemy rises to fight the Brotherhood knocks him down. We have few allies, even fewer friends but plenty of enemies. The hypocritical leaders have little hope of survival. Their days have been marked, impending doom is their only future.

The Order of Brothers

The Brotherhood is constructed in a hierarchical fashion, members begin as mere children and slowly ascend to the hidden shadows of power. We pride ourselves with the fact that we are one of (if not the) oldest factions in Aegis. Respect must be earned. No one is given power without cause.

Levels of Assassins

-Initiate

This position on the ladder is not quite a level, more like a starting place. Those in this category are very temporary. They can be dismissed in a wink, banished in a moment or, if proven, promoted on the spot. An initiate is not given any rights or privileges of any kind but basic security is loaned to them. This is to insure their saftey in the Brethren Trials. Protection from the outside and, to a certain point, the brothers.

-Neophyte Assassin [Neophyte Sicarius]

This would be considered as the first real level of member. Those that populate this group are given the first rights of a brother; protection and brotherhood. All members must treat a Neophyte as a fellow brother. If trouble occurs, the Brotherhood will offer you shelter. There is a limit to this but we will use our influence and resources to aid you in a time of need.

-Secondary Assassin [Aenean Sicarius]

After a member proves his worth in the ranks of the beginners, they are given a chance to improve their standing in the Brotherhood. Those that are honored with this chance are given a new right. This right is a very important part of the Brotherhood; responsibly. As an Aenean, the powers that be will expect you to contribute and be willing to do much for the family. Sacrifice is a major ideal at this stage. A crucible, if you will, preparing you for the next right.

-Primary Assassin [Magni Sicarius]

He has proven his worth several times over. Having shown his superiors of his worth, the Magni is ready for the new right. He is entrusted with the most valued of gifts, the right that so many wish for. He is given power. From this point on, all those below him must follow his word. These orders must be followed unless it interferes with either the law of the Brethren or directly conflicts with the word of a superior.

-Elite Assassin [Experti Sicarius]

Once given this position, his spot among the brethren is secured. Those that are truly outstanding are honored. These few are experienced and trust-worthy. The gift he is given is one that the Brotherhood does not give away freely. He is given grace. Leeway, one would say. Given the right to make decisions that may alter slightly from his direct orders. Now make no mistake, he is still held accountable for his actions but the penalties are not as severe as earlier steps.

-Lessor Councillor [Minorem Procurator]

The members who carry this title have clear leadership qualities. Once a brother has reached this stage he is given a new right. Trust. Information is given to him. He now deserves the Brotherhood's trust. While there are exceptions, what a Minorem says is truth. They are given many tasks as to management so this right is essential. Those that reach this stage will often be offered the chance to serve in the counsel.

-High Councillor [Praefecit Magistrum]

These men are the few that have shown that they are not only powerful killers but that they can also lead the brothers. Few will ever make it this far but to those who do, several rights are given to you. First, you are given an permanent spot on the counsel with full say in everything. Second, you are given control of certain aspects of the Brotherhood, answering only to the Grand Master. Third, you are given the right to disgrace any member beneath you. And lastly, you are given the power to extend protection to non-members. All Praefecits are expected to play an active role in Brotherhood politics and decisions. There are specialized roles for those occupying this stage that can grant additional powers and rights.

-The Father [Patronus Negotii]

This man is no longer a Brother, he is the Father. His word is law. He alone has the power to command the full power of the Brethren. He can call a counsel at any time, banish any brother that displeases him and demand the downfall of anyone. His powers are limited but these limits are very few. The rights he will never betray. Demoting someone is a possibility but revoking a right is not an action he can take. He is required to listen to the Causidicus (adviser) but beyond that, he need not listen to anyone.

Note: The rights of a Brother "stack." After gaining a right, it is added to his list of other rights.

-Outsider [Peregrini]

Those that do not belong to the Brotherhood. All that fall under this category have no rights nor do they have any trust. If a brother is crossed by a Peregrini, a contract may find it's way unto said Peregrini's head.

-Protected [Latebrae]

The last category, this is a non-member that falls under the protection of the Brotherhood. There are differing stages but at it's basest level, a Latebrae is off limits (as far as contracts go).

The Counsel

The Counsel, a meeting of the most influencial and dangerous of the Brethren. To be offered a seat is seen as one of the highest honors a lower brother can receive. A permanent spot is traditionally awarded to the High Counsellors and the Master. Those that are gifted this right are also given a say in all matters presented. It is very rare for a member beneath the rank of a Magni to be offered a chance to view the dealings of the Counsel. Outsiders are never told the purpose of the Counsel and even lower brothers remain in the dark.

What we want

We want the power to rule. We demand the right to exist. We take the life of any who stand between us and our goal. We want the ability to stand up to the nations and say "WE ARE HERE!" And we will not leave. No, not even if the world were to try and cast us into the sea. Do we expect the world to give in to these demands?

Do we look like we care what she has to say?

Who we want

We want violence. We want strength. We want those who have little regard for the living and only loyalty to their fellow brethren. We don't want the peaceful. We loath the righteous. Loyalty, brawn, courage and a soul filled with evil is what we seek. Come to us looking for brotherhood and violence and I promise you, you'll be satisfied with both. Come wanting power and we'll give you a chance. Join us looking for a purpose and you may find you were born with a dagger in your fist. If you ever raised your hands to the sky screaming in agony to a deaf god, leave the weak to care about such fairy tales. Come to us when the kings of this wretched land abandon you. Become a Brother when the powers that be strike you down. End your life of misery and malcontent and begin a new one. We, will not let you down.

Our Promise

If we believe you strong enough to join our ranks breaking our law should not be a problem. For those outsiders that are curious, I shall keep it brief. Betrayal. That is the only crime. What does this mean? The Brothers are given gifts. We give you freedom. We offer you protection. We entrust you with information. We will trust you. Betray that trust and you will have broken the only law we of the Brethren have. As a brother you will never have to fear our wrath. As a member of our league you will always have someone watching your back. Respect shall be given to you but in return we will expect your respect. We are the few who fight many. We stand against the masses. Choose to betray us and you may find yourself counted among those we hunt.

Punishments

The Brotherhood only has two punishments.

-Disgrace

- Banishment (And then multiple contracts on your head)

That's about it. We do not tolerate those who feel they are above the council's authority. If a member is ever found to have betrayed their trust he will immediately receive disgrace. He may then either choose to gain that trust back or he can leave. Once he leaves he is no longer protected by the Brotherhood. If a certain member hates him, that member may take the life of this outcast. We will not stop him. If the treachery is so great we may not give the man a chance to redeem himself. He may find himself banished. And then there may be multiple contracts on his head.

OOC RULES:

((We have very few of these as well. Try acting like an adult or at least a mature human. We also strongly discourage cheating. There's no reason you should ever have to break the rules. Our recruiting tactics tend to favor the older players but we will occasionally get a younger one. As such, consider what you say before you say it. You can say whatever you want around me but be careful what you say around everyone else.

I'm not really talking about language, this is more aimed at content. Keep it PG-13 unless you know the RL age of person you're talking to. If they're okay with you talking about that stuff or are a reasonable age, go ahead. Also, keep the obscenities to a moderate level. It's not a crime to express strong feelings about something but you don't have to swear like a [stereotype that everybody references when talking about swearing],okay?))

Skins

Mediafire link: <!-- m -->http://www.mediafire.com/?93vg3rj7e645g<!-- m -->

Reinvent these however you want but try to keep a low profile.

1:

thedarkbrotherhoodsig.png

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/thedarkbrotherhoodsig.png/][img=http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7177/thedarkbrotherhoodsig.png][/url] 
2: thedarkbrotherhoodsig2.png

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/thedarkbrotherhoodsig2.png/][img=http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/651/thedarkbrotherhoodsig2.png][/url] 

Great work! Posting so I get this in ma e-mails.

Also, you forgot a few things. Cripson (( unknown mc name )) is also a High Councillor. You also forgot the sig code, and mentioning the fact we were the first guild!

I'm gonna miss you guys D:

Great work! Posting so I get this in ma e-mails.

Also, you forgot a few things. Cripson (( unknown mc name )) is also a High Councillor. You also forgot the sig code, and mentioning the fact we were the first guild!

I'm gonna miss you guys D:

I'll add those in. I haven't heard from Cripson yet so I wasn't sure if he was active.

I think that extorting protection money would be a great job to add to our list.

Also, you may replace my (Unknown Name) with Everin the Bound.

I think that extorting protection money would be a great job to add to our list.

Also, you may replace my (Unknown Name) with Everin the Bound.

Well if you're interested I will definitely consider putting you on the Enforcer Regiment ((no idea what I'm gonna call it though)) I'm putting together. And there may be a promotion involved.

I really think we should keep the organization small but tightly knit and very active. Starting with a Guild Hall...

I really think we should keep the organization small but tightly knit and very active. Starting with a Guild Hall...

Are you saying you're ready to accept a leadership role? You are more then qualified to accept several of the positions needed being a High Counsellor and all. Let me know if you would like to be given a title ((a specialized position, exp. magistor infirmorum, dominus subterraneus, tyrannidis commeatu)).

EDIT: Just realized you'd have no idea what the f i'm talking about so here's a list of positions we need filled ((most are high ranking))

-Lord of assassins

-The trainer/overseer over the initiates ((a little lowly for a higher))

-The Enforcer leader.

Guildhall talks are to be held soon when I get back off holiday. Alras seems ideal. But that is just me. And not to mention it isn't my job to boss y'all round anymore...

Guildhall talks are to be held soon when I get back off holiday. Alras seems ideal. But that is just me. And not to mention it isn't my job to boss y'all round anymore...

Where is Alras? My journeys have yet to take me there.

You pass it ob the way to Oren owned lands...

Just north of Kal'Urguan?

Just before the fork in kings road- there is a turn off that says Kal Alras. Never been to Urguan, so idk if it is north or not...

Just before the fork in kings road- there is a turn off that says Kal Alras. Never been to Urguan, so idk if it is north or not...

Found it, thanks. It seems Tac&co. have a decent stronghold... We'll need more soldiers to displace them. But looks good.