[Idea]Fumemancy

TavernLich

Fumemancy in General:

Fumemancy is the art of controlling smoke and shaping it with the sheer will of the caster. This magic of sorts is able to create three dimensional figured out of the shaping of smoke, whether that be a rabbit, dragon and etc. However, these are just figures and would likely collapse upon themselves upon physical contact. This means that theoretically it can be used by villainous means, but must be used creatively with what they have.

The Magic Itself:

The magic is the shaping of EXISTING smoke, not created smoke. Thus a person cannot just conjure bountiful amounts of smoke and suffocate a person. Even if they somehow managed to create enough smoke to do so, said person can easily waft it away.

Now comes the fun part. Fumemancy allows people to move, condense, shape and animate existing smoke to their will, making this magic primarily used for non-combat means.

History:

Fumemancy has been thought to have originated through lines of halflings and dwarves who managed to do so. After years of perfection it eventually came to be known as Fumemancy, the magic of kings. Years and years of little use however has caused this precious magic to be lost in the sands of time, only recently brought back in the lands of Athera.

MORE WILL BE ADDED, WIP

EXISTING smoke

Unless I am mistaken, that would make this fall under Alteration.

And I am fairly certain this can be achieved as a form of Evocation,

which falls under Conjuration unless I am mistaken.

If I am, someone correct me.

Either way, a fine idea.

This seems rather unneeded to me, simply for the reason the only major use (That doesn't already exist) is suffocation, smoke based illusions will do the job just fine if you aim to make figures from smoke. Not only that but if you really want a smoke/steam based magic RP you could simply mix Pyromancy and Hydromancy to create steam, though it would be rather useless in the way you'd like to use it.

We don't have MA's to stop unnecessary and un-legit magic rp so why not?

The halflings have tried this before with Smokemancy, it failed due to the fact that it is very similar to illusion. I know this because I helped develop the lore behind it. This is the exact same concept in every way except for the name. This too will not succeed, don't waste your time.

This seems rather unneeded to me, simply for the reason the only major use (That doesn't already exist) is suffocation, smoke based illusions will do the job just fine if you aim to make figures from smoke. Not only that but if you really want a smoke/steam based magic RP you could simply mix Pyromancy and Hydromancy to create steam, though it would be rather useless in the way you'd like to use it.

I can find plenty use in the conjuring of smoke, other then suffocation.

Smoke based illusions will far under the restrictions all illusions fall under.

Steam and smoke are two completely different things, made up of entirely different elements.

And unless they've changed the rules regarding evocation mixing, you'd need two people to do it.

All that being said, Fumemancy could presumable fall into the Pyromancy category alone.

I'm afraid controling elements falls under Elementalism, which is part of Shamanism.

On the other hand, you can evoke smoke, then give it shape if you're a conjurer as well. So enjoy.

Yeah, this probably goes under illusion, guess this will have to be dropped, anyways I wish we could get some Gandalf smoke-magic...

What's Gandalf smoke magic?

I was told during the MAT times that fire evocationists could conjure and control smoke.

In the magic plugin we even have that as a spell as seen in the beta testing.

Quotes don't work on my phone sorry, but here it is:

Jistuma: Gandalf has a pipe and makes little smoke figures that move around and stuff, just thought it would be cool to do that

Evark: Oh cool thanks for that, I will look into that.