Karin (Crystaline Kittens)

Kitten

What are they?  Karin (Crystaline Kittens)

tumblr_nfkae8MIRR1rhkja1o1_1280.png

How do they get this way?  They eat the Crystal Flowers, just like the Wyrssa.  They safely defuse the crystal’s chemicals by depositing it into their skin.  This causes the many large crystal’s on their fur.  However if one was to remove them, the crystals are all but worthless.  

Do the crystals help them at all?  Yes, for their natural predators it makes them back off, because of the solid crystals that can cause teeth to easily chip, or the overly salty taste will overload the senses of the animals trying to eat upon these creatures.

Why do they like Atgaard?  They stay there because its near a plant that helps them digest meat, and also gives them the large sodium and calcium boost, they mainly eat them for the calcium, as their food usually has a low balance of calcium.

Are they aggressive?  Being rather leopard like, these creatures are known for being hissy and more than happy to growl at you, but they are rather friendly for the most part, they are loyal and will always follow after their chosen friends.  They have sharp claws and can accidently hurt someone in play.

How hard are their horns?  Their horns are extremely hard but they just go over the back and point backwards, the purpose of this is to protect their sensitive necks.

What size are they?  Look at a puma, aka a cougar.

They are 7 feet long

How much do they weight? About 200lbs.

Can you get one?  Sure, you can get one, halfling can even use them as mounts.

What does it eat?  These creatures prefer meat, but they eat the flowers to help digest it, and get a larger amount of salt in their system.

How many babies does it have?  7-8

How often do they breed? Once every three years, so three elven weeks.

How would you represent it in MC?  An ocelot.   

Can you ride it?  Sure, if you’re a halfling or a really young child.

What happens if it doesn’t have access to these flowers?  Well if its already eaten from it, it keeps its crystalline chunks and horn, if not then similar to the Wyrssa they look just normal, two tailed pale cat with deer horns protecting their neck.

What types of group do they live in?  They don’t live in large groups, they may run in small groups of 2-3 others but thats about the worse it is.

Are they loyal?  EXTREMELY,  these creatures tend to choose people to run around with, as they are drawn to affection and love.

What is their behavior like?  Playful and cat like these creatures are quite often seen eating animals, roughing around, or following their chosen friend.  

Ok, so I’m an orc and I want one as a pet, can I?  Sure, just make sure not to sit on it.

Now theres something special about these creatures, if they realize that their companion is stressed they will do about anything they can do to curl up around them and provide comfort.  If it was an orc stressed they may try to curl up on their shoulders to purr soothinly, if its a dwarf they may just knock it over and curl up, a halfling they may run off with to a quiet area to love on the halfling, a human it just may pester them, and an elf, take them down with a pounce!  But these actions are easily mixed up or changed, its only examples.  They also have a good nose for diseases and any off levels in the blood, if it senses something they would pester the companion to try and solve the issue.  

These you don’t need to train to be therapy pets, they are naturally like that, being able to live about 30-60 years they make great companions and great defenders.

HOWEVER these creatures WILL NOT kill, they may bite, claw, scratch, maul, but it will never kill, if someone goes to attack it, it will disable the person, it will never go for the throat and crush it, unless its some sort of food item.

Will it eat other livestock, sure if you don’t store it properly, or its hungry.  They don’t kill prey for pleasure.

I'll give you the deer and the flowers.. but these not so much. However if they were smaller, I'd be more approving. They would probably be more appealing if they were the size of a housecat or the default ocelot, rather than a cougar.

Where have I seen this idea before...?

A cougar is 3 feet tall, an ocelat is 1 block high, and over 2 blocks long including tail.  2 blocks is 6 feet, 1 is 3.  So logically something the size of a cougar, which is about the size of a medim/large dog, but smaller than a wolf would be ok.

If it's to add role play, I don't see much against it. As a side note, I used to own house with the Crystal Beasts.

What is it with everyone thinking I based these creatures off of something.  

This lore has been Accepted!

This means that the plant is accepted too, but first the plant needs to get some things fixed and what not. It exists, but it's properties need to be refined.