Clarify Mixed Race Lore

MamaBearJade

Lord of the Craft has a lot of various races and characters to play, however I have noticed there are more and more mixed breeds. While there is a guide to supposedly help people with half breeds, I don’t think a lot of new players understand what it means to be a mixed race character. Here is what I think will help clarify, and give a little to those who play mixed race characters. This lore goes for anyone with even 1% of any race in their blood.

Elven Blood

Any amount of elven blood gives a character the curse of infertility. However the elves are blessed with longer life. Blessing do not outweigh curses.

Any character with elven blood is cursed to have no more than 1 child every 15 to 20 years up until their fifth child, if they are lucky enough.

Any character with elven blood is blessed with a slightly longer life, no more than 1/5th the maximum for their race. (humans get 30, dwarves 100, orcs 40, ect)

Human Blood

Humans are the shortest lived race and their blessing is very ambiguous.

Any character with human blood is cursed to live no more than 150 years. (180 if elven blood is present).

Any character with human blood is blessed to sail the seven skies.

Orcish Blood

Orcs are the large and proud race. Any amount of orcish blood makes characters unstable and yet more honorable.

Any character with Orc blood is cursed to have tusks and orcish skin. Their lust for battle will never be sated.

Any character with Orc blood is blessed with an intense sense of valour and honor.

Dwarven Blood

Dwarves are cursed to be short and greedy. They love gems and will hoard their treasures.

Any character with dwarven blood is cursed to be no taller than 5 feet. They also are immensely greedy, hoarding any spoils.

Any character with dwarven blood is blessed to be hardy, strong in mind and body.

Why did I write this? To give people an idea what they gain and lose when they become a character of mixed blood. There is little to no bonus for any race and mostly a curse. However, I feel /some/ positive should come from being of mix race, even if its not much. Diverse RP is good RP. (in my opinion)

Also note that half-breeds take all the weaker attributes of both races, not all the strongest. A half-orc, half-elf will be infertile and unstable, but will have the build of an elf and the brutishness and mortality of an Orc. 

Also note that half-breeds take all the weaker attributes of both races, not all the strongest. A half-orc, half-elf will be infertile and unstable, but will have the build of an elf and the brutishness and mortality of an Orc. 

That has never been said to me before nor is anywhere that I have looked. It does not seem to make sense why they would physically get the worse traits. I can understand being slimmer and not as strong as an orc, but not as flimsy as an elf. By restricting it more and more each year, you guys are effectively making people far more segregated than they need to be

How about we just don't worry about it? If it doesn't affect our experience, who cares what people do? These curses are okay as long as it's not shoved down people's throats.

Any man/woman can go to the seven skies as long as they believe in the church, Humans are simply blessed with being able to go to the seventh.

How about we just don't worry about it? If it doesn't affect our experience, who cares what people do?

So people can break lore and no one will care? COOL! I will go play a half orc/elf and go make an entire clan of halfbreed babies! Oh! How about a half human/elf that lives to be 1000!

Lore exists for a reason. I want clarification on something a lot of people are not understanding

That has never been said to me before nor is anywhere that I have looked. It does not seem to make sense why they would physically get the worse traits. I can understand being slimmer and not as strong as an orc, but not as flimsy as an elf. By restricting it more and more each year, you guys are effectively making people far more segregated than they need to be

I'm ambivalent to this stuff, but it has been like that for a very long time.

I'm ambivalent to this stuff, but it has been like that for a very long time.

I see half orc/humans running around as strong and big as orcs

I have seen tall half dwarves

Heck, I have seen half orcs that look all orc. And not once have i seen anywhere that you got cursed with PHYSICAL issues, unless the iblees curse specifies a physical issue (such as shortness for dwarves)

Not going to comment on the lore, I don't care, however it should also probably come as recommended that newer players don't begin with a half breed character, because that will make getting into the swing of things that much more difficult considering not a lot of folks actually bother catering or caring for half breeds.

Also, just as a word of advice, if you do decide to make a halfbreed. Don't make them so bloody useless and depressing. From what I've seen they just kind of stand around and get triggered by ******* everything. I haven't seen a good one ever honestly, that I can think of off the top of my head.

Make them more than just a half breed, their personality and ambitions should come first, not their heritage despite how prominent of an obstacle that will be.

Also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkw_o_2H8Ko

You get all the curses and few of the blessings. This is the way the lore has been for a long time.

• Half elf humans are short lived and infertile (and don't go to the seven skies, arguably).
  • Half elf orcs are violent and infertile. Doesn't matter if they're long lived because they, like orcs, will never see the end of their life span due to violence. Ugly? That's one of the orc curses right?
  • Half elf dwarves are greedy and infertile. Not particularly sturdy either, given they are taking the mean of "lanky" and "stout". They'd also be short.
  • Half human dwarves are short lived and greedy. Perhaps a little sturdy.
  • Half human orcs are violent and short lived. Well... I guess you're the most unlucky of all if you are this fellow. Ugly.
  • Half orc dwarves are short, greedy and violent. Perhaps a little sturdy, but you'd lose your full orc strength so... That sucks I guess. Also ugly, lets not forget that.

a350630256cd1ca14fb97f077004925c.png

You get all the curses and few of the blessings. This is the way the lore has been for a long time.

That is why i want the lore clarified and posted in a way that ANYONE can read it and not be confused. We are having more and more lore breaking halfbreeds.

I haven't seen a good one ever honestly, that I can think of off the top of my head.

I would argue the Doomforge are probably the only halfbreed success story. 

However, on another note the racial blessings/curses are in fact all rather ambiguous. For elves that are meant to be infertile and limited in the number of children they have they seem to find it bloody easy to have children. They live potentially ever yet only ever 15 years they can have children. This provides them with the capacity to provide over 66 children in a lifespan and clearly shows that they can become one of the most prosperous races.

Either Iblees was incredibly inefficient at cursing elven bollocks or it might be a little PG and deserves a harsher cursing in the future.

As a side, humans being able to serf the seven skies isn't their blessing at all, it is fertility, every other race has inate issues with the production of children. Dwarves and Uruks have no women, elves were cursed with infertility. 

But on a note that I would like to get answered in this thread, what is the dwarven blessing meant to be? A strong mind and body is able to be twisted in a hundred different ways. I had gone with the fact that dwarves have a inate ability to show great inteligence, and have always treated my creature like it works in a manner of clockwork, unbending but capable of brief brilliance.

So basically what I am saying is that the dwedmar are a race of savants with mild social issues akin to Austism. (I am not saying that as some harsh joke, I mean it.) They can be brilliant, performed some of the most amazing feats in the ancient times such as a successful war against a Aengul and construction of the seal yet have strange and weird values and tend to be unbending and unwilling to accept change. 

A clarification on dwarven blessings would be lovely. 

Not going to comment on the lore, I don't care, however it should also probably come as recommended that newer players don't begin with a half breed character, because that will make getting into the swing of things that much more difficult considering not a lot of folks actually bother catering or caring for half breeds.

Also, just as a word of advice, if you do decide to make a halfbreed. Don't make them so bloody useless and depressing. From what I've seen they just kind of stand around and get triggered by ******* everything. I haven't seen a good one ever honestly, that I can think of off the top of my head.

Make them more than just a half breed, their personality and ambitions should come first, not their heritage despite how prominent of an obstacle that will be.

Also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkw_o_2H8Ko

My Character is a half breed High elf and Wood elf~ Halfbreed and proud! IMPURE!

My Character is a half breed High elf and Wood elf~ Halfbreed and proud! IMPURE!

You're full elf that doesn't count. 

Any mixed race character gets both curses and no bennies last I checked.

So, what supremacy said.

There are no benefits to hybrids.

And never trust the wiki.

Also, yes. Doomforge was the only successful mixed blood line. Goldrim pulled it off very well and made it something unique and interesting and not just an attempt at having a long-lived version of a race ala half human half elves.